GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-21, 03:51 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I would say, you would need couple of oil changes, one air filter and cabin filter and few tire rotations. Should cost you around 400to 500 at the most. They rest is what they do is not required in my opinion.
Old 10-03-21, 07:09 PM
22GXOR
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteDipper
I went out and took a look at the Dark chrome in the sun and don't see gold in it. The flake in the green paint may have a gold tint. Then again maybe I don't have the acuity to see it. The dark chrome tones down the Grill when compared to the bright chrome. I think the grill surround painted to match the vehicle color might work also but not painted black on the green truck.

This looks much different and much better than my white BL. In your case it looks as if they matched the frame with the rest of the grill which looks awesome.
Why in the world would they do something different for the white BL? And why wouldn't they color match all the blacked-out components?
In any case I'm ok with it as the rest of the BL features are perfect for me, and I will probably at some point have just the frame and rear license plate rails painted (or just plasti dip).

Last edited by 22GXOR; 10-03-21 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-03-21, 07:34 PM
Fringed
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default First Look at the 2022 Lexus GX 460 Black Line Special Edition

Old 10-04-21, 08:33 AM
GXLUX
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I know it's not for everyone...
BUT I LOVE THAT GREEN!
Old 10-04-21, 10:20 AM
Fringed
Driver

Originally Posted by GXLUX
I know it's not for everyone...
BUT I LOVE THAT GREEN!
Reminds me of a mature version of the TRD Pro Army Green color.
The following users liked this post:
GXLUX (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 10:48 AM
GXLUX
Driver

Originally Posted by Fringed
Reminds me of a mature version of the TRD Pro Army Green color.
Man I loved the Army Green and the Hakone 86. Maybe I have a green car issue....

Old 10-04-21, 12:02 PM
Fringed
Driver

Originally Posted by GXLUX
Man I loved the Army Green and the Hakone 86. Maybe I have a green car issue....
Ah the Hakone too!
Old 10-04-21, 12:23 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 22GXOR
This looks much different and much better than my white BL. In your case it looks as if they matched the frame with the rest of the grill which looks awesome.
Why in the world would they do something different for the white BL? And why wouldn't they color match all the blacked-out components?
In any case I'm ok with it as the rest of the BL features are perfect for me, and I will probably at some point have just the frame and rear license plate rails painted (or just plasti dip).

Hopefully my white one shows up in the next couple of weeks and I'll see if it's any different than yours.
22GXOR (10-04-21)
Old 10-04-21, 01:00 PM
tjspark1
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

To me it just looks like a matter of how the darkened chrome reflects next to white vs green. Also lighting. Highly doubt it’s different.

Also that video above has an all leather wrapped wheel so it appears the wood isn’t a certainty.
Old 10-04-21, 01:15 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tjspark1
To me it just looks like a matter of how the darkened chrome reflects next to white vs green. Also lighting. Highly doubt it’s different.

Also that video above has an all leather wrapped wheel so it appears the wood isn’t a certainty.

Are you referring to the video of the Nori Green GX above?

If so it's a matte black open pore wood trimmed steering wheel that is heated as the button is shown during the interior tour. I wish mine that's incoming was all leather and not heated but at least for now they aren't available non-heated.
Old 10-04-21, 03:01 PM
22GXOR
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken

If so it's a matte black open pore wood trimmed steering wheel that is heated as the button is shown during the interior tour. I wish mine that's incoming was all leather and not heated but at least for now they aren't available non-heated.
+ 1 on that. You can bearly notice the wood section in the steering wheel and it does seem all leather which we absolutely love.
jlficken (10-04-21)
Old 10-05-21, 07:16 AM
tjspark1
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken

wow I legit can’t tell from the video. That’s a really subtle variation from the leather lol
Old 10-05-21, 07:19 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

wow I legit can’t tell from the video. That’s a really subtle variation from the leather lol

Yeah it definitely blends but I like it better than the gloss finish on the other trim levels. I still wish it was just leather though rather than wood as I drive a lot with my left hand at 12 o'clock.
Old 10-05-21, 08:37 AM
adnanmalik
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb LEDs for GX 2022

I just purchased Lexus GX 2022. Is anyone aware which LEDs are required to swap out all the internal and external (under the car) yellow bulbs?

I know there are different size and styles for each replacement but not sure which ones exactly would be required.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-05-21, 09:18 AM
GXLUX
Driver

Originally Posted by adnanmalik
I just purchased Lexus GX 2022. Is anyone aware which LEDs are required to swap out all the internal and external (under the car) yellow bulbs?

I know there are different size and styles for each replacement but not sure which ones exactly would be required.

Thank you in advance.
Got a picture of that 2022...? Or have you not taken delivery yet?
As far as I know, there is no difference between a 2022 and older GX460s as far as the underbody lights go. This video should work.

Quick Reply: 2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"