GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-21 | 04:50 PM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bowhun2r
at dealer

The Lexus App showed 2 miles on Dec 1st and my AE just sent me the photo on the 2nd. Now.... off for Xpel and ceramic and delivery next week. The truck is listed on their website and he's told me he's had over 10 offers on the truck. Pretty excited as I have a basement full of mods in-waiting.

11/1 deposit made. Dealer (awesome) was able to secure one with minimal dealer add-ons (door edge guards...which I like). 12/2 delivered to dealer. Goes to the detailer for xpel and ceramic before I pick it up (bout a 2.5 hour drive). Stoked. And BlackFriday was a busy day for me!

MSRP. First time I did that.. .but zero dealer mark-up. I've purchased the boss/wife's GX from this dealership. Anyone in PA they are Bobby Rahal Lexus (central PA) and my rep is Jason. It's hard to find good dealerships. Harder to find good AEs... so when I do run across them I keep them and recommend them.

Congrats. I see a Lunar 4Runner back there too
Old 12-03-21 | 10:22 AM
Rbarganier
Driver School Candidate

Default 2022 Blackline part numbers

I am searching everywhere for a list of part numbers specific to the blackline, I am wanting to do a chrome delete to my 2016 and the door handles seem to be a huge portion of this.
Old 12-04-21 | 08:37 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

The following users liked this post:
Philly01 (12-04-21)
Old 12-04-21 | 02:38 PM
bowhun2r
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Acrad

I commented on this vid as they didn't point out what they used to eliminate the KDSS lean. Going up that high (looks like 2") you will have a lean with KDSS unless you use a spacer (a few shops have manufacture them).

The truck looks awesome. I had 285s with an icon stage 5 on my 4R and it was fun. The 4.0 4R engine w/o regearing was a dog (even more so than stock). The GX v8 likely won't suffer as much, but I'm sure those with the 285s absolutely notice a difference.

Truck looks great. Just curious what/who they used to address the KDSS issue.
Old 12-04-21 | 05:28 PM
bighero76
Driver School Candidate

Default Quote in

I got a quote for a nori green in ohio and dealer is adding $1000 for processing/handling and claiming their is no dealer markup. Should I buy this or are they marking it up $1000???
Old 12-05-21 | 03:11 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Some dealers charge 800-1000 as document fee. Some don't. I have always bought from those who don't. Is this charge in addition to doc fee? If yes, then I would say its another way of increasing profit on sale
Paid 611120 (MSRP) plus tax, total a little over 65k recently for my BL edition GX (Nori Green)
Old 12-05-21 | 05:27 AM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bighero76
I got a quote for a nori green in ohio and dealer is adding $1000 for processing/handling and claiming their is no dealer markup. Should I buy this or are they marking it up $1000???
Only pay msrp plus tax plus dmv. Anything else a markup.
DSMinATL (12-05-21)
Old 12-06-21 | 03:06 AM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bighero76
There is a 'Delivery, processing and handling fee' of $1075 on the window sticker, is this the '$1000' your dealer is quoting?
Old 12-10-21 | 07:13 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Toyota halts lines at 4 Japan plants due to supply chain woes
Fresh stoppages to affect 5,500 vehicles as well as Lexus factories

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Aut...ply-chain-woes

I haven't specifically heard GX or 150 series in general affected but something to keep an eye on if you have a '22 on order.
Old 12-10-21 | 07:55 AM
IanG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Acrad
Toyota halts lines at 4 Japan plants due to supply chain woes
Fresh stoppages to affect 5,500 vehicles as well as Lexus factories

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Aut...ply-chain-woes

I haven't specifically heard GX or 150 series in general affected but something to keep an eye on if you have a '22 on order.
This article says the Tahara Plant is one affected, this plant makes the GX & 150 series.
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...-0-gaNycGzNCOU
Old 12-10-21 | 05:47 PM
bowhun2r
Pit Crew

Well finally took delivery.

Paid MSRP with zero markup and satisfied with that. Got a fair trade-in value as well.

Had an absolute great experience (actually better than the first GX) with Bobby Rahal in Mechanicsberg. If you are in PA they are centrally located right off the turn-pike. Ask for Jason. I (wife would say "unfortunately") flip vehicles frequently and when I find someone I trust I do repeat business with them. Not sure if the Nori will be traded in anytime soon... but the wife's 2019 GX is a candidate. The best complement I can give an AE is going back to them... and I will in this case.

We drove about 3 hours one-way and I immediately noticed the smaller steering wheel (plus it wasn't shiny wood like the wife's GX) which I really appreciated. The most noticeable driving differences were the brakes. Yes... the tech isn't even close.... but the brakes from her 2019 (she only has 11K miles on it) to this one is night and day. The 22 brake pedal is progressive from the start. Her pedal is oatmeal until 50% down and then you have to be careful and modulate because they really grab at that 50% mark.

The brake feel between our 19 to this 22 is a different vehicle and in a good way.

The truck is bad *** but not in your face. Subtle but present. All my other vehicles had ACP (int the past 5 years) and finally I can enjoy that in the 22 w/o an aftermarket fix. The touch screen is responsive and in reach. The touch pad is also an easy reach... there are times where you need to use the touch pad to hit the menu button because you can't get to certain screens w/o hitting the menu button and there is no on-screen buttons to reach them. Minor issue.

Love the dark interior. Wife likes bright. Bright shows dirt. I love darker interiors. However, since I'm the managing owner of her GX.. she does not have to deal with cleaning/washing/fueling/maintaining the truck. She likely has a different perspective.

Excited for next week to get my FNx Pro wheels in bronze with Cooper AT3 4S mounted. I took off Monday because I have a hidden room full of mods waiting to be installed.

I was only able to get the CanvasBack Liners, Diode Dynamics LED interior and reverse lights installed today. Plus the DD LEDs under the side steps. You can actually see the truck now when you approach.

BTW... if you want to see at night going in reverse (and using stock lighting locations) the DD https://www.diodedynamics.com/backup...nner-pair.html throw out some serious light. They are not cheap... but you are driving a GX right??? I've had these on GX, 4Rs and Tacomas w/o issue and I can see going up my driveway in reverse.

One last shout out for the evening. Rose Detailing (https://www.rosedetailing.com). I wanted to get my GX full PPF with ceramic coating. I've done this on the past half dozen vehicles. It is an all in the application. You can use the best materials, but if the application is sub-par... doesn't matter how good the product is. This is especially true with regards to PPF (in my case Xpel) and paint correction with ceramic. It's the labor you are paying for... not the product. I "have a guy" but he's an hour away and basically I'm out of a vehicle for a week. Plus... I have to get someone to follow me and drive me there for pickup. "My guy" is great but it was suggested to me (sons/wife) that they didn't want to be "on call" for when he was available or when I needed to pick it up. So if you are getting PPF/ceramic then you are like most of us on this forum and OCD on vehicles. I was offered PPF from Bobby Rahal as an add-on. Basically it's the finance person wanting to make some coin... I'm fine with that as long as it's worth it. When I saw the dealership offer PPF I called and asked who they use (cause if it's the dealership you skip it....). I learned Rose Detailing is the sub for PPF when you purchase it via the dealership. The dealership does not offer ceramic. I contacted Rose and spoke with Emily. She rocks. I guess she is used to people calling/emailing her about their vehicles. I mean why are they in business... they are addressing the 10% of us that actually enjoy vehicles. I guess/assume the small percentage of owners that get PPF and ceramic actually care about the service/application and to a point costs. Folks.. she rocks. She put me at ease and ensured that I was not the first and she got me.

The PPF and ceramic is flawless. Had the truck under lights this evening. I've had bad PPF and I've had awesome PPF. She's in the awesome end. Wrapped all the edges where applicable. No hair under the film (yes.. .this has happened to me). Zero spider webs and used a headlamp going over the entire truck. Bottom line... I'd do repeat business.

Bobby Rahal works with them and had all this done prior to me picking up the truck. If you want ceramic you will have to deal directly with Rose. PPF can be done via Bobby.

I've used/contributed to these forums (not CL... but T4R and TW) for decades and they are an invaluable resource with real people. Granted... I would likely be much better off financially if I never known about these boards!

Looking forward to this build

The following 4 users liked this post by bowhun2r:
JRT3 (12-22-21), Philly01 (12-21-21), SEELEXUS (12-11-21), Siblue (12-10-21)
Old 12-10-21 | 06:39 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

What are those covers on the back of the seats that you have?
Old 12-10-21 | 06:57 PM
bowhun2r
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jlficken
What are those covers on the back of the seats that you have?
Canvasback Liners. Great quality and unique.

https://www.canvasback.com

I called and just wanted the rear seat covers. They are not on the website as an order-able item, but if you call they will do them for you. My wife's GX has the back and cargo liners (which are order-able on the website). However, I'm planning on getting Husky cargo tray because of the lip to keep things in when opening the barn door.
jlficken (12-15-21)
Old 12-15-21 | 07:13 AM
xychromo
Intermediate

Someone in sth Florida order a Nori Green?

The following 2 users liked this post by xychromo:
mstrchief (12-15-21), NiteDipper (12-15-21)
Old 12-16-21 | 05:00 PM
clearmysix
Pit Crew

Why are the black line special editions made with only one auto-dimming side view mirror? I was looking at my friends and only the drivers side mirror was auto-dimming. The passenger side was not. Why cut that corner?

Quick Reply: 2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"