GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-22, 10:01 PM
Fringed
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanzky
I think so. I hope they come out with that trim piece with the hardware one day, but perhaps without the air bag-related buttons.
gotcha I see
Old 01-22-22, 06:00 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Questtt3
I have been waiting on the updated Apple Car Play and ML stereo in a Premium package since 3/2020. While the Mark Levinson stereo has of course been available in the Premium Plus since 2021's, now with ACP available . . . is it possible to get a Black Line GX with the ML stereo or if need be special order it this way (Black Line w/ ML stereo)?
If not possible to get the GX with both ... is the GX460 ML stereo considerably better than the base stereo? I ask bkz if can't get both together, can anyone familiar with the GX Black Line and GX 460 ML stereo share any insights/thoughts as to which they would choose if could only get one (Premium Plus w/ ML package or Black Line package)? To date, I have unfortunately only been able to hear the base stereo in a GX. Thanks.
Save your money on the ML. Power 3rd row was worth the money

Last edited by situman; 01-22-22 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-22-22, 06:04 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

I have been waiting on the updated Apple Car Play and ML stereo in a Premium package since 3/2020. While the Mark Levinson stereo has of course been available in the Premium Plus since 2021's, now with ACP available . . . is it possible to get a Black Line GX with the ML stereo or if need be special order it this way (Black Line w/ ML stereo)?
If not possible to get the GX with both ... is the GX460 ML stereo considerably better than the base stereo? I ask bkz if can't get both together, can anyone familiar with the GX Black Line and GX 460 ML stereo share any insights/thoughts as to which they would choose if could only get one (Premium Plus w/ ML package or Black Line package)? To date, I have unfortunately only been able to hear the base stereo in a GX. Thanks.
You can’t special order a Black Line and none of them are coming with ML so you’ll have to choose one or the other.

Im fine with the standard stereo in my Black Line. I’d say it’s just as good or better than the JBL in my wife’s RAV4.
The following users liked this post:
Questtt3 (01-23-22)
Old 01-23-22, 06:02 PM
SKGX
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Finally had my '22 GX delivered to me today. The Blacklline has all of the minor exterior features that I wanted with the '21 that I had, and especially the new Nav/Console. Off to have Dobinsons, Tires, Tints and Xpel installed. When I get it back this week, I'll post some pics. I will say, I am not really digging what appears to be repurposed Tundra Wheels painted black.

What's the best route for selling brand new OEM shocks? The GX classifieds section is pretty weak.
Old 01-23-22, 06:08 PM
bowhun2r
Pit Crew

Received 155 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SKGX
Finally had my '22 GX delivered to me today. The Blacklline has all of the minor exterior features that I wanted with the '21 that I had, and especially the new Nav/Console. Off to have Dobinsons, Tires, Tints and Xpel installed. When I get it back this week, I'll post some pics. I will say, I am not really digging what appears to be repurposed Tundra Wheels painted black.

What's the best route for selling brand new OEM shocks? The GX classifieds section is pretty weak.

Sold my BlackLine / black tundra wheel set in under 12 hours on Craig’s list. Granted….shocks are a bit less wanted but I’d try there.
Old 01-23-22, 06:16 PM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Sold my wheels on offerup next day.
I have my suspension listed on offerup too but no bites.
Old 01-23-22, 06:32 PM
Questtt3
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Save your money on the ML. Power 3rd row was worth the money
Thanks for your reply. When you say the power 3rd row was worth the money but you recommend skipping the ML..power 3rd row is only available in Premium Plus and Luxury and both come with the Mark Levinson stereo. Were you just saying that you were not that impressed with the ML and so would save the money, but as an aside, you did like the power 3rd-row aspect of these packages? Thanks.
Old 01-24-22, 11:01 AM
CFAI
Instructor

Received 330 Likes on 225 Posts

Are you have to test drive a luxury in your area? If they have both prem and lux(or Prem+) maybe bring a CD and test drive both and listen for quality while driving. Also, I think the prem+ is actually a few buck less than the Blackline list price. For me the Prem+ is the config I would want, and what I will trade in my '13 GX for if/when the time comes (hopefully 460 runs until at least 2024 to give me more options 2030)

Last edited by CFAI; 01-24-22 at 11:08 AM.
Questtt3 (01-31-22)
Old 01-24-22, 11:35 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Thanks for your reply. When you say the power 3rd row was worth the money but you recommend skipping the ML..power 3rd row is only available in Premium Plus and Luxury and both come with the Mark Levinson stereo. Were you just saying that you were not that impressed with the ML and so would save the money, but as an aside, you did like the power 3rd-row aspect of these packages? Thanks.
I got myself the premium+ package so it came with both. If I could, I would skip the ML. It makes no difference unless u r having your music on high to full blast, which I never did with stock and ML sound systems. In my 2018, every time I use the 3rd row, I needed to physically climb into the back row to pull the seats up and blah blah blah and then there's folding the 3rd row..... Total pain in the azzzzzzz. If you cant get the power 3rd, I suggest u just get the Premium package. I actually use the 3rd row so it was worth it for me.
Questtt3 (01-31-22)
Old 01-26-22, 01:21 AM
Nori
Driver School Candidate

Received 40 Likes on 9 Posts

New Nori Green owner checking in. Put 70 miles on it thus far.

Not a fan of chrome accents and love the color green, which is why I went with the Black Line. Really wish I could have snagged the ML audio as an option, but simply not possible.

Disappointed they used piano black on the center stack. I have been looking at potentially prying off the piano black trim piece and wrapping it in satin vinyl. Anyone think this piece is possible to pry off without damaging anything?

Will do front PPF, ceramic window film, tow hitch, and a few other minor things. Wait a bit before potentially putting on bronze TE37s and Wildtracks.

For what it's worth, my GX came with Michelin tires. Was pleasantly surprised to not have Bridgestones.

The following 5 users liked this post by Nori:
DSMinATL (01-28-22), GoHorns (02-03-22), jphcbpa (02-09-22), Kisel17 (02-18-22), SEELEXUS (01-26-22)
Old 01-27-22, 07:45 AM
carlspackl
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a little put off by the piano black too, but so far it hasn't been much of an issue. I keep a Costco microfiber towel in the driver side door and every now and then I'll give a quick wipe across the infotainment and down the center stack. That keeps it looking pretty good with minimal effort.

I'm 4,000 miles in on my '22 and it has been such a great truck to drive. The infotainment has worked flawlessly with Apple Carplay so far. My ONLY gripe with the center stack redesign is that they should have included a physical "Sync" button to sync the 3 different climate zones. Not a huge deal though.
The following 2 users liked this post by carlspackl:
DSMinATL (01-28-22), mello03 (02-04-22)
Old 01-27-22, 07:47 AM
PNWRacer
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by carlspackl
they should have included a physical "Sync" button to sync the 3 different climate zones
The "technology expert" at the dealer where I bought my off-lease 2016 GX told me there was no way to sync the zones. I had to find it myself.
Old 01-27-22, 06:05 PM
Nori
Driver School Candidate

Received 40 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PNWRacer
The "technology expert" at the dealer where I bought my off-lease 2016 GX told me there was no way to sync the zones. I had to find it myself.
Is it built into the infotainment?
Old 01-27-22, 06:21 PM
carlspackl
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. Go to climate, then click the ^ button on the track pad, then click ‘3 Zone’
The following 2 users liked this post by carlspackl:
mello03 (02-04-22), Nori (01-27-22)
Old 01-27-22, 08:22 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,672 Likes on 2,402 Posts

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...02497-9999.pdf

Quick Reply: 2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"