GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-22, 03:09 PM
mello03
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Forgive me if I missed this in the thread, but does anyone know the part number for the center caps for the gloss black wheels? I came up with 4260B60201 and called the dealer to verify, but that appears to be the silver cap. I think I’m missing a letter somewhere. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-29-22, 06:22 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

The following users liked this post:
SEELEXUS (01-29-22)
Old 01-29-22, 08:06 AM
DSMinATL
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mello03
Forgive me if I missed this in the thread, but does anyone know the part number for the center caps for the gloss black wheels? I came up with 4260B60201 and called the dealer to verify, but that appears to be the silver cap. I think I’m missing a letter somewhere. Thanks in advance.
Are you referring to the Black Line wheels? Or the dark gray/black wheels on the Premium?

The Black Line center caps are part number: PZ350-60114
The following 2 users liked this post by DSMinATL:
Acrad (02-13-22), mello03 (01-29-22)
Old 01-29-22, 08:28 AM
mello03
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DSMinATL
Are you referring to the Black Line wheels? Or the dark gray/black wheels on the Premium?

Black Line. Thanks!
Old 02-02-22, 09:18 AM
Nar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nori
New Nori Green owner checking in. Put 70 miles on it thus far.

Not a fan of chrome accents and love the color green, which is why I went with the Black Line. Really wish I could have snagged the ML audio as an option, but simply not possible.

Disappointed they used piano black on the center stack. I have been looking at potentially prying off the piano black trim piece and wrapping it in satin vinyl. Anyone think this piece is possible to pry off without damaging anything?

Will do front PPF, ceramic window film, tow hitch, and a few other minor things. Wait a bit before potentially putting on bronze TE37s and Wildtracks.

For what it's worth, my GX came with Michelin tires. Was pleasantly surprised to not have Bridgestones.

Hi Nori - congratulations on the rig! I have the same on order and wondered if you could tell me if the “all weather floor mats and cargo mat” included the split cargo mat that allows you to access the 3rd row without removing the mat? Also, does the BL edition include auto dimming side mirrors? Is that just the driver’s side, and have you had any issues with the passenger side getting too much light reflection, or is it a non issue? Finally, it doesn’t look like the headlights move with the vehicle, but are they self leveling?

Thanks for any info,
Nar
Old 02-02-22, 09:44 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Nar
Hi Nori - congratulations on the rig! I have the same on order and wondered if you could tell me if the “all weather floor mats and cargo mat” included the split cargo mat that allows you to access the 3rd row without removing the mat? Also, does the BL edition include auto dimming side mirrors? Is that just the driver’s side, and have you had any issues with the passenger side getting too much light reflection, or is it a non issue? Finally, it doesn’t look like the headlights move with the vehicle, but are they self leveling?

Thanks for any info,
Nar
The cargo mat is split for the 3rd row but I’m not sure how well it’s work raising the 3rd row.

Only the driver’s side is self dimming but I haven’t noticed any issues with it.

The headlights auto level, however, they don’t turn with the vehicle.
Old 02-02-22, 03:57 PM
Flash 3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi Terrain Monitor/Panoramic view

Just noticed the updated gx doesn't have this as a standard option. Those of you that have it, are you glad you got it? or is it more of a gimmick? Looking at a '22 and debating getting this option.
Old 02-04-22, 09:48 PM
Nar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jlficken
The cargo mat is split for the 3rd row but I’m not sure how well it’s work raising the 3rd row.

Only the driver’s side is self dimming but I haven’t noticed any issues with it.

The headlights auto level, however, they don’t turn with the vehicle.

Thank you!
jlficken (02-05-22)
Old 02-09-22, 09:51 AM
Questtt3
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Unable to get what I really want - a Black Black-Line Special Edition with a Mark Levinson Stereo, I am forced to decide between the two. For those familiar with the Black-Line package, is it fair to say that the Black-Line is the Premium Package with only different materials (ex. red tail lights, different dark open-pore wood, dark chrome, black wheels, black roof rack, etc)...and that while really nice looking the approx. $3800 package does not include any additional equipment over the regular Premium Package? Whereas the Premium Plus package lacks the attractive Black-Line materials/cosmetic changes, but the $3,030 package actually adds the additional ML stereo (and power third-row)? Is this correct?

Does anyone know if any of the Black-Line items are available aftermarket by any chance?

Lastly, can anyone share any thoughts or preferences between Back Onyx and Caviar? I have seen Black Onyx but have not knowingly seen or been able to find a Caviar Lexus vehicle to know the difference.

Thanks very much - I appreciate your help.
Old 02-09-22, 12:25 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Questtt3
Unable to get what I really want - a Black Black-Line Special Edition with a Mark Levinson Stereo, I am forced to decide between the two. For those familiar with the Black-Line package, is it fair to say that the Black-Line is the Premium Package with only different materials (ex. red tail lights, different dark open-pore wood, dark chrome, black wheels, black roof rack, etc)...and that while really nice looking the approx. $3800 package does not include any additional equipment over the regular Premium Package? Whereas the Premium Plus package lacks the attractive Black-Line materials/cosmetic changes, but the $3,030 package actually adds the additional ML stereo (and power third-row)? Is this correct?

Does anyone know if any of the Black-Line items are available aftermarket by any chance?

Lastly, can anyone share any thoughts or preferences between Back Onyx and Caviar? I have seen Black Onyx but have not knowingly seen or been able to find a Caviar Lexus vehicle to know the difference.

The Black Line Edition is based off of the Premium package without the ability to customize it.

I don't know of any Black Line Edition pieces that can be purchased after the fact currently being available.

All Black Line Edition vehicles have a heated steering wheel from what I've seen while not all Premium's will.

The reason I bought a GX was the introduction of the Black Line Edition as I don't like chrome and I wanted a black interior (especially the head liner).

I will never use the 3rd row so being powered wasn't important to me. While I would have like the ML the standard stereo is very nice.

My fallback was to get the Premium Plus just for the ML stereo, however, I'm glad I was able to find a Black Line Edition.

I've never actually seen the 2 colors you're asking about as I just started looking at Lexus in October when I found out getting a 4Runner just really wasn't going to happen. I'm beyond happy with the GX though.
Questtt3 (02-13-22)
Old 02-09-22, 12:57 PM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Questtt3

Caviar would have a more metallic/pearl effect, while black onyx is a dull black. I've driven RXs with both colors and definitely preferred Caviar especially in the sun.
Questtt3 (02-13-22)
Old 02-09-22, 02:14 PM
nearl
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

We purchased a premium plus. The black line looks really nice, but we loved caviar and having the mark levinson sound system. As mentioned, caviar has metallic flake in it and almost looks like a super dark grey at times. Just looking at black onyx gives it swirls so I had no interest in that haha.
The following 2 users liked this post by nearl:
Kisel17 (02-18-22), Questtt3 (02-13-22)
Old 02-13-22, 11:30 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

Originally Posted by DSMinATL

This looks like it might be the Black line wheels

42611-60F70

Starting to see more Black Line Parts show up on Lexus parts site.

Last edited by Acrad; 02-13-22 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-14-22, 02:31 AM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 47 Posts

Flash 3, My 2022 GX460 has the MTM/PV and I love it! I have some tight spots to navigate regularly and it really helps. The backup “wide view” is so wide that it takes a small amount of time to adjust to it (a bit of distortion on the edges of the frame). The image(s) are very clear.

Why Lexus doesn’t offer this feature and the off-road package for the non-Luxury models is really odd (I get “why” they do it - fewer people would probably buy the Luxury model). Still, it should be made available to all GX460 buyers.

Flash 3 (02-14-22)
Old 02-14-22, 06:28 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Wow those wheels are expensive. Are they forged or some kind of special? These are just simple cast wheels with a glossy black paint!

Quick Reply: 2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"