GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-22 | 05:56 AM
2chains
Driver

I had a dark charcoal grey factory softex with red stitching on my 2015 4runner Trail Edition. Really easy to care for. Wipe a few times a year with the Aerospace 303 . I think that a darker softex would look decent maybe with green stitching,
Old 09-10-22 | 07:39 AM
Lexus2929
6th Gear

Originally Posted by mts83
Looks like the 2023 Blackline SE will no longer have Black interior, but Boulder instead. I believe it is a new offering for Lexus as dealerships couldn’t find pictures for me when I asked for an example. I found out it’s offered on the ‘22 Tundra on select trims. It’s a light gray. Hopefully it looks good in person. Have a Nori Green coming in a few weeks.

Boulder interior on new Tundra

i was wondering the same thing. I think the headliner will will still be black? And just the seats are grey? The taillights I also hate. But can swap out for the ‘22 lights since the light well is the same size. And where are you located if I may ask? I’m in CO and the dealers I have reservations at don’t even have allocations for ‘23 GX’s. So you getting yours in a few weeks is Awesome. A little jealous. Would love to see pictures.
Old 09-11-22 | 05:15 PM
DSMinATL
Driver

Originally Posted by jlficken
I’m not a fan and am beyond glad I got my ‘22 now even though I don’t have the camera system the ‘23 is coming with.

Having a light gray interior in the “Black Line Edition” makes zero sense. Good job Lexus 🙄
I agree. Between the gray interior and the painted black spoiler on the 2023, I'm happy to have our 2022. I'll be curious to see how dark the gray really is in person.
Old 09-11-22 | 05:53 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DSMinATL;[url=tel:11360379
11360379[/url]]I agree. Between the gray interior and the painted black spoiler on the 2023, I'm happy to have our 2022. I'll be curious to see how dark the gray really is in person.
I really hope it’s a lot darker than the images make it look.
Old 09-15-22 | 09:21 AM
nekoni
10th Gear

Default Just saw one 23 on dealer’s lot

Few updates are

Last edited by nekoni; 09-15-22 at 09:25 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by nekoni:
DSMinATL (09-15-22), Kisel17 (09-28-22), Siblue (09-29-22)
Old 09-15-22 | 09:37 AM
nekoni
10th Gear

The following 5 users liked this post by nekoni:
2chains (09-15-22), jlficken (09-15-22), Kisel17 (09-15-22), Nickk6 (10-04-22), Siblue (09-29-22)
Old 09-15-22 | 10:22 AM
CFAI
Instructor

I am not sure why, maybe it is just the photos, but for some reason to my eye that seat color with the rest of the interior makes it look mid tier Toyota. But, other than the Nori Green I never really got paying extra for the Blackline edition, so maybe not for me anyway.
Old 09-17-22 | 11:34 AM
DWF1
Rookie

Default Anyone with 2022 with black interior

Can someone with a 2022 please confirm the color of the headliner with a black interior. Looking at the website at 2023 I can't determine the color.
Old 09-17-22 | 05:11 PM
Mazderati
Driver

2022 luxury trim with black interior has a black headliner. Not sure if that carries through to the other trims.
Old 09-17-22 | 10:06 PM
Kaizen33
10th Gear

My 2022 Premium Plus Sport Design has black interior and headliner

Old 09-18-22 | 06:17 AM
DWF1
Rookie

Thank you both for that. My 2019 with black interior has a light gray headliner. I'm considering a 2023 with--which I assume will be the same as the 2022--a black interior. I am a little concerned that a black interior with black headliner will feel too "enclosing". Any thoughts on that? Mine also has the burled brown wood trim which also helps break up the monotone nature of all black. I believe the new ones have dark gray wood. Thank you.
Old 09-18-22 | 12:26 PM
Kaizen33
10th Gear

I don’t give much credence to the notion that darker interiors feel more confined than lighter interiors. I value a dark interior over a light interior for aesthetics, but mainly because it’s easier to keep clean. For me, this reason alone outweighs the only con of a hotter interior - which can be mitigated with a quality window film/tint job.

Last edited by Kaizen33; 09-18-22 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-18-22 | 01:12 PM
DWF1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kaizen33
I don’t give much credence to the notion that darker interiors feel more confined than lighter interiors. I value a dark interior over a light interior for aesthetics, but mainly because it’s easier to keep clean. For me, this reason alone outweighs the only con of a hotter interior - which can be mitigated with a quality window film/tint job.
My current one is white exterior and black interior. I live in Texas and it is HOT as in 100 plus for months on end. I don't find the temperature to be an issue with the black interior. Most of the time it's in a garage and I have a quality sun shade I put up if it's sitting out. The only complaint I have is with the black floor mats which shows every speck of dirt magnified. As I mentioned above mine has the light gray headliner which I "think" makes it feel more open and the burled wood trim adds some contrast. My concern in my consideration of getting a 2023 with a black interior is with the current black headliner and more or less black wood trim is that it would be too monotone. It may not be a problem at all. I need to find one and look.
Old 09-22-22 | 04:28 AM
woodleathr
Rookie

Originally Posted by DWF1
My current one is white exterior and black interior. I live in Texas and it is HOT as in 100 plus for months on end. I don't find the temperature to be an issue with the black interior. Most of the time it's in a garage and I have a quality sun shade I put up if it's sitting out. The only complaint I have is with the black floor mats which shows every speck of dirt magnified. As I mentioned above mine has the light gray headliner which I "think" makes it feel more open and the burled wood trim adds some contrast. My concern in my consideration of getting a 2023 with a black interior is with the current black headliner and more or less black wood trim is that it would be too monotone. It may not be a problem at all. I need to find one and look.
I'd highly recommend that you consider the sepia interior depending on what your use cases are and how you live. You could be from "Texas" and live a more plush city-rural life in the Austin, Dallas, Plano area or you can be from "TESSES" dealing with cattle and what not on the mexican border. In the latter case i'd just go black interior and call it a day.

As for me, I'm up north where we get pretty nasty snowfalls but my primary use for the vehicle will be grocery runs, the occasional night out on the town, and the periodic trip to the office since i work from home. I gave that context to outline the fact that i'm not using it for overlanding, offroading, or any of the obscure shenanigans that would warrant heavy staining of the interior. Just an extremely capable errand truck. Under those conditions, i was willing to take the leap of faith that is owning a luxury vehicle that DOESNT have black leather interior. I also don't have any kids though, but just take a glance at this youtube video i found. It has some really good shots of the sepia interior but take heed of the cream headliner...

Originally Posted by Kaizen33
Do you not believe that darker interiors create a feeling of smaller space or do you simply not care that they do? I ask because you immediately followed that up with the fact you value a dark interior for aesthetics and because it's easier to keep clean. Those are valid points, but getting out of a black-headliner/black-leather car, then getting in a ligh-headliner/brown-leather vehicle is night&day on space perception.

Last edited by woodleathr; 09-22-22 at 04:32 AM.
Old 09-22-22 | 07:31 PM
trent
Advanced

I have a 22 premium plus package withe Roja red/black interior with the black headliner. I love it and it doesn’t feel enclosed to me.
The following users liked this post:
NJA22 (09-26-22)

Quick Reply: 2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"