GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-22, 08:37 PM
Kaizen33
10th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by woodleathr
Do you not believe that darker interiors create a feeling of smaller space or do you simply not care that they do? I ask because you immediately followed that up with the fact you value a dark interior for aesthetics and because it's easier to keep clean. Those are valid points, but getting out of a black-headliner/black-leather car, then getting in a ligh-headliner/brown-leather vehicle is night&day on space perception.
Simply put it has little if any effect on my spatial perception, so it boils down to aesthetics and ease of maintenance. I was able to make my informed decision by driving a loaner GX w/ ecru interior for roughy 500 miles prior to purchasing my GX w/ black interior. I personally feel the claim of a darker interior feeling more enclosed in the context of an automobile is overstated
Old 09-23-22, 09:39 AM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

While we next to never eat in the car, on a long road trip, we stopped for some chocolate cones to keep the nieces happy and less irritable. My wife was reaching behind to give one a cone and I hit one of those nice bumps on Californias wonderful roads. We have an RX with the ecru interior with the light headliner. As you've probably figured out, the ice cream and chocolate contacted the headliner and well....still there. I'll take the black on black any day of the week. If it feels enclosed, then good. Less people will want to ride with us, which is fine by me.
Old 09-28-22, 06:50 PM
Kisel17
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Well I left a deposit on an inbound 2023 Nori Green Black Line SE today. Dealer expects it to arrive in 4-6 weeks. Hope the wife will be happy with her new ride and let me drive it occasionally, lol.

I had left a deposit on a 2022 Black Line in Nori Green and had to bail. I wonder if I will regret that due to the slight changes and the bump up in price for the 2023MY. The boulder seats - interesting decision made there, might take some time getting used to. I can live with the taillights even though the ones on the 2022 look better. Will reserve judgment on the black shark fin and rear spoiler. I think it would look sick on the white model, not so sure on green. MTM is a big plus though.

Only PIO/DIO on the window sticker is a tonneau cover. Found it surprising that they left almost all of the accessories off the build, especially since they are all marked up quite a bit. I wonder if it is due to supply constraints. Saves money, I can add any of that stuff later on if needed.

First thing I want done is ceramic coating. I guess I will have to do some internet research for a reputable place in my area to have it done, I need this vehicle to last 20 years. I think I will order the Husky Liners now since Lexus did not tack floor mats onto the build, they did me a favor there.

Looking forward to joining the club, I have learned so much in a brief amount of time here on the forums. You guys are great, thank you for all the help! Now the wait begins.

Eric
The following users liked this post:
2chains (09-29-22)
Old 10-24-22, 12:50 PM
VATOM
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hud?

Is a Heads Up Display an available option on the 2023 GX460?

Last edited by VATOM; 10-24-22 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-24-22, 02:08 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

Originally Posted by VATOM
Is a Heads Up Display an available option on the 2022 GX460?
Not an available factory option
VATOM (10-24-22)
Old 10-25-22, 12:05 PM
meitzler
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What mark ups are you seeing? In the Northwest they are from$2000 to $5500 on the Nori Green. I am surprised as well that they are not loaded up. If they don't have a dealer marker they force you to buy dealer installed options. What are you seeing?
Old 10-25-22, 02:42 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I just bought a Nori green BL edition for my friend couple of weeks without any markup. He initially put deposit on one which was enroute and was expected around 1st of November, but there was one on the floor which was sold out. That deal did not go through. Dealership offered him the same vehicle and he gladly took the delivery next day.
Kisel17 (10-26-22)
Old 10-26-22, 12:30 PM
Kisel17
Driver

Originally Posted by meitzler
What mark ups are you seeing? In the Northwest they are from$2000 to $5500 on the Nori Green. I am surprised as well that they are not loaded up. If they don't have a dealer marker they force you to buy dealer installed options. What are you seeing?
My deal is at MSRP with no required add ons. Lets see what happens when it shows up.
Old 10-26-22, 07:00 PM
meitzler
Driver

Wow!!! I wish I could get a Nori Green SE in the Pacific Northwest. If anyone is aware of one, please post it.
Old 10-27-22, 08:34 AM
tntcandy
Intermediate

Received 253 Likes on 143 Posts

I like the gray interior, but do not dig the tail lamps
Old 10-27-22, 07:28 PM
Kisel17
Driver

Wow!!! I wish I could get a Nori Green SE in the Pacific Northwest. If anyone is aware of one, please post it.
Lexus of Seattle shows one Black Line SE in White with a sale pending. I would suggest contacting your closest dealer, asking what allocation the have for Nori Green if that is what you want, leave a deposit after agreeing to MSRP, and then sit and wait.
Old 10-27-22, 08:06 PM
meitzler
Driver

I am not aware of one dealer selling them for MSRP. Lexus of Seattle has a $5300 markup in must take extras.
Old 10-28-22, 05:23 PM
Kisel17
Driver

I am not aware of one dealer selling them for MSRP. Lexus of Seattle has a $5300 markup in must take extras.
You may have to expand your search area and travel to get the vehicle you want at the price you want. Have you checked the bordering states or a city you can fly into directly?
Old 10-28-22, 05:56 PM
ScaldedDog
Pit Crew

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Kisel17
You may have to expand your search area and travel to get the vehicle you want at the price you want. Have you checked the bordering states or a city you can fly into directly?
This. Not Nori Green, but I live in CO and am flying to FL next week to pick up the vehicle I wanted.

Mark
Old 10-29-22, 12:20 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I was willing to take a depreciation cut and wanted to upgrade my 2022 Green BL to 2023 Green as was interested in Panoramic monitors. However, when comparing side by side, everyone in family preferred dark grey seats and red lights over the newer light grey interior and white / red rear lights. I believe it boils down to personal preference. Saved me few bucks in the end.

Quick Reply: 2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"