Racer

Received 373 Likes on 284 Posts

Amazon Amazon
Old 09-17-22, 05:50 PM
Laser2074
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 22 GX fob / remote unlock and lock not working

Just picked up a 2022 gx460 and after changing the setting in the vehicle customization menu from unlock driver to unlock all doors the remote no longer unlocks, locks, or opens the glass.

All other functions work. Handle sensors, and car starts, and even pressing lock and holding three times the remote start works. Same thing both fobs. Red light is lighting up.

I searched but couldn’t find a way to default the settings so it works again, any ideas?
The following users liked this post:
tomas21 (02-26-24)
Old 09-18-22, 11:55 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser2074
Just picked up a 2022 gx460 and after changing the setting in the vehicle customization menu from unlock driver to unlock all doors the remote no longer unlocks, locks, or opens the glass.

All other functions work. Handle sensors, and car starts, and even pressing lock and holding three times the remote start works. Same thing both fobs. Red light is lighting up.

I searched but couldn’t find a way to default the settings so it works again, any ideas?
I don't have any ideas, but I also have a 2022 GX and trying to start the engine with the key fob pressing lock and holding three times is an exercise in futility. I think the GX has started three times, but I cannot tell you how many times it has not started. Using the Lexus app, the GX has started every time.
Old 11-12-22, 03:21 PM
LexusRXHL
8th Gear

Default Same problem on a 2022 RX450

I ran into the same problem but with a 2022 RXHL.
dealer doesn’t know what wrong with it. They want me to buy a new fob. Makes no sense to me. Can you dealer describe the steps needed to correct the issue?

Originally Posted by EJC
I went through this about a month ago with my '22 GX 460
Touch sensors worked and the car would start just fine but the buttons on the 2 FOBS would not work.
The driver-accessible menus DO NOT have any options for this issue.
The dealer needed to put their tablet on the car and correct the menu. We have no idea how the option changed but all is OK now. The dealer handled it under warranty.
I came across a guy on FB where the dealer was not working with him and wanted to charge him as a non-warranty issue. Since there is now a record of this should they hassle you feel free to PM me for the name of the dealer and service rep so that your dealer can contact them directly.
Old 11-13-22, 06:04 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

Most recently, I have experienced a similar issue with my 2016 LX, and one key fob didn’t work at all. Here were some background information and specifically what I did that revived the dead key fob for everyone’s reference. I can not say it may or may not applicable to your situation.

I have been mainly using a credit card key while my wife uses a key fob, and I have another key fob just left home for safe keeping. One day, my wife noticed that her key fob no longer working. I tried everything and replace the battery, none had worked. I also checked with Techstream and see nothing has changed in terms of key fob registration. At the end, I decided to contact dealer and have them take a look. As I am preparing to go, I decided to take the other working key fob with me just in case dealer need it for diagnose. With both key fob INSIDE car, after a short driving, about 5 minutes or so, I stopped at post office to drop something off. By curiosity, I decided to give the dead key fob another try. With more than enough distance away from the car, the key fob worked! To verify it was not just by a random act, I drove back home, took out battery of the good key fob, tried multiple times with the key fob, it just works as normal.

That left me to think, the process of register a new key required to bring a working key fob in and out of the vehicle multiple times. This could be the case when both working and non working but previously register key fobs in the vehicle for a periods of time that initiated re-registration process again…… I can not find any info to confirm that, but this process seemed worked in my situation.

Just some experience and thoughts for sharing.
Acrad (01-06-23)
Old 11-14-22, 03:01 PM
LexusRXHL
8th Gear

Having the same issue with a 2022 RX450hl, reached out to the dealer and they suggest a new fob $$$$. I have put in a call to Lexus and awaiting a response. Found another thread that had a similar issue and DM the user and haven't gotten a response. If I hear anything will share.
Old 11-14-22, 03:47 PM
Forgot
1st Gear

I had same issue new 23 GX!! Turned out the issue was LPS - door lock customized parameter ON/OFF. Took it to the dealer to fix it. Hope this help. Guess the dealer never did any pre-delivery inspection.

Programmable by Dealer Only
16. Access System with Electronic Key
Unlock the doors with:
□ Electronic key unlock button (deactivates Smart Access) = Off
□ Smart Access (touch door handle) or electronic key (Default) = On
tomas21 (02-26-24)
Old 11-15-22, 06:27 AM
LexusRXHL
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Forgot
I had same issue new 23 GX!! Turned out the issue was LPS - door lock customized parameter ON/OFF. Took it to the dealer to fix it. Hope this help. Guess the dealer never did any pre-delivery inspection.

Programmable by Dealer Only
16. Access System with Electronic Key
Unlock the doors with:
□ Electronic key unlock button (deactivates Smart Access) = Off
□ Smart Access (touch door handle) or electronic key (Default) = On
Thank you for sharing, making the appointment with the dealer ASAP!
Old 12-06-22, 05:54 PM
AlexDev
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Key Fobs Won’t Lock/Unlock Door, But Handle Touch Does

Hey folks, just bought a brand new ‘23 GX. In love with it, always have loved these. Got an odd situation where none of my fob buttons work, but door handle touch locks/unlocks, and engine starts when inside. Also the chime from lock/unlock has gone away. This happened around a couple weeks after buying her. Went to dealer and battery was replaced and they did some quick diagnostics, couldn’t find anything since I had to run. Planned on going back but has anyone ever run into this?

Last edited by AlexDev; 12-06-22 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-11-22, 10:06 AM
Moshpit
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2016 RCF Key Fob Short Battery Life

This may be the answer to my problem.
I have always put my key fobs on my nightstand next to my phone at night.
I have had to replace key fob batteries every 2 to 3 months in my last 2, and current Lexus vehicles, as well as my previous 3 Infiniti Q60s and 2021 Toyota Supra fobs. I will try keeping my key fobs stored away from my phone and hopefully the battery life improves.
I will let you know in a few months if my problem has been solved.
Thank you.
Old 12-11-22, 10:11 AM
Moshpit
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2016 RCF Key Fob Short Battery Life

In reference to storing key fobs near phones or other wireless devices...
This may be the answer to my problem.
I have always put my key fobs on my nightstand next to my phone at night.
I have had to replace key fob batteries every 2 to 3 months in my last 2, and current Lexus vehicles, as well as my previous 3 Infiniti Q60s and 2021 Toyota Supra fobs. I will try keeping my key fobs stored away from my phone and hopefully the battery life improves.
I will let you know in a few months if my problem has been solved.
Thank you.
Old 12-11-22, 09:31 PM
ronkelley
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 97 Posts

--

I have been using this type which works well for me. At least 1 1/2 years and still working. Sometimes my unprotected key would contact the car from as far away as 30' and two walls. So I know some power could have been transmitting. Not now even though it hangs just 10' from the car.

Amazon Amazon

--

Old 12-16-22, 09:32 AM
shmelvin1
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a 2016 and have never changed the batteries
Old 01-06-23, 08:11 AM
TheLastV8
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexDev
Hey folks, just bought a brand new ‘23 GX. In love with it, always have loved these. Got an odd situation where none of my fob buttons work, but door handle touch locks/unlocks, and engine starts when inside. Also the chime from lock/unlock has gone away. This happened around a couple weeks after buying her. Went to dealer and battery was replaced and they did some quick diagnostics, couldn’t find anything since I had to run. Planned on going back but has anyone ever run into this?
Any updates? Did the dealer try LPS setting mentioned above?

Last edited by TheLastV8; 01-06-23 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-06-23, 10:58 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

My '22 had this issue.
My dealer had to use his diagnostic pad to get into the factory settings to fix it. Definitely not owner menus
AlexDev (01-06-23)

Quick Reply: Key Fob - Problems & Questions