GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-21, 06:37 PM
Alatif
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks , I did that but it just opened up a window sticker, it says delivered to dealer---does that mean the dealership has it? I am trying to get to the tracking page like the one posted above but replacing the VIN took me to my window sticker only if anyone can help my vin is : JTJAM7BXXN5307131
Old 10-14-21, 06:39 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Alatif
Thanks , I did that but it just opened up a window sticker, it says delivered to dealer---does that mean the dealership has it? I am trying to get to the tracking page like the one posted above but replacing the VIN took me to my window sticker only if anyone can help my vin is : JTJAM7BXXN5307131

The screenshot posted above is from inside the dealership as the dealership name is in the top right-hand corner. The only people with access to that info work in a dealership.
The following users liked this post:
GX4602011 (11-16-21)
Old 10-15-21, 07:29 AM
ycookmd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just picked up my wife's 2022 with the Premium Plus; she wanted the 2nd row Captain's chairs and the power folding 3rd row seats. However, it does have the "Sport Design" package, with dark gray wheels, extra body pieces, and black headliner/dark wood inserts. I prefer it over the Black Line. It offers a sportier appearance than the base model, but with more functional features.
The following users liked this post:
Slprciv (10-16-21)
Old 10-15-21, 07:42 AM
raiders3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ycookmd
We just picked up my wife's 2022 with the Premium Plus; she wanted the 2nd row Captain's chairs and the power folding 3rd row seats. However, it does have the "Sport Design" package, with dark gray wheels, extra body pieces, and black headliner/dark wood inserts. I prefer it over the Black Line. It offers a sportier appearance than the base model, but with more functional features.
Thank you for posting this.

Nice review of the sport design package.

I may consider that package on a premium.
Old 10-15-21, 11:50 AM
nearl
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I do really like the sport package front and rear fascia. Might look into the feasibility of adding those to our premium plus in the future.
Old 10-15-21, 02:53 PM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

My 2022 had 11. My fault tho because I screwed around in getting it picked up so I assume someone test drove it. Could have been the PDI but doubt it.
Old 10-16-21, 08:14 AM
sillywabit
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My 22 Atomic Silver arrived this week. We went to pick it up and they had it staged out front. Another couple was already trying to get a salesperson to open it up. Sorry, we already had a deposit on it buddy.
Anyway, it had 5 miles on it and we added 3 more to just test it out while at the dealership. We ended up paying sticker BUT the deal was that the dealer NOT put any other items on it like paint protection or anything else. Here in my area of San Diego Ca. it's a common practice. They still did it and wanted to charge but it was already set so I got a $1,999 paint protection and 3M door guard film protection "free".
Back to the car, luxury package, with off road and Mark Levinson packages. Is it expensive? DUHH. I'm still walking funny from the $76K and change it came out to after fees and taxes, BUT I loved the drive back home. it sure makes it feel a whole lot better as you enjoy what you paid for.
Just crossed the 100 mile marker. passenger took pic

The following 3 users liked this post by sillywabit:
hydrovane (10-16-21), SEELEXUS (10-16-21), Slprciv (10-20-21)
Old 10-16-21, 08:27 AM
sillywabit
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As nice as I think the color itself is, I agree that it looks boring on some models. I think it depends on the lines of the vehicle. The new IS I think has a lot of lines that make the color pop.
Old 10-16-21, 09:52 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

My GX that was built on 8/31 had the window sticker appear on the Toyota site on 10/14 (https://api.toyotainventory.com/vehicles/<VIN>/monroney).

The dealer just told me that since the hitch was removed from the build at the port that they'd install it for me before I pick it up.

The ETA is now 11/8-11/15 which is a bummer as they originally thought it'd be the end of the month.

It arrived at the Long Beach port (not sure what day) and is coming to Nebraska in case anyone else is wondering where theirs is.

The wait continues....

Last edited by jlficken; 10-16-21 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-16-21, 04:18 PM
Alatif
Driver School Candidate

Ordered the 22 Gx460 Atomic Silver / black Nuluxe premium plus package with dark gray metallic wheels. I've been waiting patiently but now I really just need the car, dealership said it got to the port on 10/4/21 estimate time of delivery between 10/15-10/18... Anyone have any experience how long it takes to get delivered to the dealership I'm awaiting pickup from a NJ dealer.... Really hoping it arrives this week but nothing for certain because of everything being backed up at ports throughout the country..... I looked around no one else had the atomic silver with black combo either.. They are sticking to MSRP excited about this new car just don't know when I will actually have it.
Old 10-16-21, 04:21 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Ordered the 22 Gx460 Atomic Silver / black Nuluxe premium plus package with dark gray metallic wheels. I've been waiting patiently but now I really just need the car, dealership said it got to the port on 10/4/21 estimate time of delivery between 10/15-10/18... Anyone have any experience how long it takes to get delivered to the dealership I'm awaiting pickup from a NJ dealer.... Really hoping it arrives this week but nothing for certain because of everything being backed up at ports throughout the country..... I looked around no one else had the atomic silver with black combo either.. They are sticking to MSRP excited about this new car just don't know when I will actually have it.

What was the build date?
Old 10-16-21, 04:38 PM
Alatif
Driver School Candidate

How do I find the build date? I have the window sticker thru the link above but doesn't have any other info?
Old 10-16-21, 04:40 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

How do I find the build date? I have the window sticker thru the link above but doesn't have any other info?
You'd need the dealership to tell you an exact date.

You can get the order month from Googling "Lexus VIN Lookup" and entering your VIN to get the vehicle info.
Old 10-16-21, 04:43 PM
Alatif
Driver School Candidate

From lexus website Vin search all I found was order date of 08/2021
I'm hoping I don't get screwed waiting a long time now that it's at the port for the past 2 weeks already... I was renting a car which costed me 800 for 2 weeks awaiting the new gx now I have no car and refuse 5o pay for another rental...
Old 10-16-21, 05:10 PM
IanG
Intermediate

Received 380 Likes on 212 Posts

Logistics for everything is a mess right now. There is a huge backlog of ships waiting to unload, the docks are full and there is a lack of truck drivers. This is hurting every business that imports goods. https://www.ft.com/content/aa24d82e-...e-42bd32f593be

Last edited by IanG; 10-16-21 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery