GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-21, 03:46 PM
WIGX460
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanzky
Definitely find MSRP and APR in the 1-3% range. It's out there. You might have to cross state lines, maybe? But that's how much I paid. As for trade-in, I regret going with Carvana without trying Vroom. Carvana gave me almost $4k more than the dealership, but I think Vroom would have given me more. I keep reading testimonies of people getting a higher offer from Vroom than they got from Carvana.

So it's been a crazy couple days.... Yesterday, got the original dealer to cut most of the excess and was prepared to get my own financing/sell our RX to Vroom. Put down a deposit yesterday afternoon and planned on a December delivery.

Last night, got a call from a dealer in the Chicago suburbs who had a Premium Plus Sport with Captain's chair in black with red interior that a customer had reserved and couldn't get financed.

Bought for MSRP with zero add ons, they got us a great rate and took the trade. They didn't match vroom, but came close and the savings in tax on the trade made the difference neglible and much easier to do at one time.

Drove down to the dealer this morning not sure what was going to happen, and we came home with the truck.

What a day.

The following 6 users liked this post by WIGX460:
hydrovane (11-07-21), IanG (11-06-21), MrTorgue (11-06-21), Philly01 (11-06-21), Slprciv (11-07-21), ukcats (11-07-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-06-21, 03:56 PM
MrTorgue
Instructor

Received 354 Likes on 235 Posts

Excellent. Glad you got close to what you wanted out of the deal.
The following users liked this post:
WIGX460 (11-06-21)
Old 11-06-21, 06:07 PM
GXLEXD
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus6x
How real is the supply pipeline decrease in the immediate future?

I read that at least with Toyota they had 40% cuts in production for SEPT and OCT that translates into very poor inventory right now. The plan is for them to make up volume this winter NOV-JAN with the highest volume they've ever had during that period I could see inventory improving after new years. I have no idea if that will translate to cars on the lot as demand is murkier.

Old 11-06-21, 06:12 PM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteDipper
70K mark-up on 22 GX??? I was paying MSRP and doing that already hurt. On 9/24 I paid cash and drove the GX off the lot thinking done deal.
On 11/4 I received a $1250 bill from Lexus that showed a total outstanding balance of about 70K. I called the dealership and asked for the manager of the finance dept. I tried to explain what had occured and felt his initial response was somewhat flip so I went all sorts of "KAREN" on his a$$. The dealership settled the loan that day and provided the payoff statement to me. The dealership ended up paying interest on the loan so the mistake cost them. I'm over the initial butt hurt of seeing the outstanding balance of 70K and will likely not write the dealer off since they rectified their mistake immediately once they were made aware of it.
Sounds like they 'financed' your purchase. Did you initially discuss financing before choosing to pay cash? Perhaps they started a financing package initially and sent it through just in case they didn't get the full amount from you. I'd check your title to ensure that there is no lien on it.
Old 11-06-21, 08:04 PM
NiteDipper
Rookie

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4602011
Sounds like they 'financed' your purchase. Did you initially discuss financing before choosing to pay cash? Perhaps they started a financing package initially and sent it through just in case they didn't get the full amount from you. I'd check your title to ensure that there is no lien on it.
I received the title with no liens about a week before the payment notice arrived. The dealership knew it was not being financed. Prior to going to pick it up I asked if they preferred a check or to have the funds wired and that I did not want to deal with the finance dept. Salesman said either method works and no need for the finance dept. After going down and doing the pre-delivery checkout they decided we did needed to fill out an finance ap since it was a Saturday, I think they just want to do the sales pitch on extended warranties and services. I was ready to wait till Monday but my wife wanted to take it home. So a fia apt was filled out and we were told it would be trashed when they received the wire on Monday. I confirmed they received the funds on the Monday following. The fia dept must have submitted the loan ap to Lexus Fia in error but the the dealership registered it with no lien attached so I'm good there. I'll call Lexus Fia directly next week to insure everything is wrapped up and I have no further liability.
GX4602011 (11-10-21)
Old 11-08-21, 07:42 AM
jkutti2000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kenstar
Lease vehicle sold to carmax. And amazingly i was able to get lots of money. Basically i had 4 months lease free plus more.
so u sold it to carmax? and then pcked up new one.. i thought they sold u under MSRP bcoz u returned the lease car back to them.
Old 11-12-21, 02:48 PM
Ameliag8tr
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We got ours today. Only about $1K off of SRP, but I guess that isn't terrible. Love the dark rims, I'm glad I waited for one with them to come in.

The following 3 users liked this post by Ameliag8tr:
brutus27 (11-12-21), NiteDipper (11-12-21), tntcandy (11-14-21)
Old 11-12-21, 03:51 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Ours got pushed back to 11/17-11/22.

I've honestly lost my excitement for it at this point. The fact that the dealership never updates us unless I ask and then the get snarky when I say that the change is a bummerdoesnt help.

I wish we had good dealers here.

I doubt we'll get it before December and I'm not asking them about it again.
Old 11-12-21, 03:57 PM
IanG
Intermediate

Received 380 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
Ours got pushed back to 11/17-11/22.

I've honestly lost my excitement for it at this point. The fact that the dealership never updates us unless I ask and then the get snarky when I say that the change is a bummerdoesnt help.

I wish we had good dealers here.

I doubt we'll get it before December and I'm not asking them about it again.
Sorry to hear but I think the dealers are up against a wall too. With manufacturing delays and shipping delays they may not be getting much information either.
Old 11-12-21, 04:00 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 1974Boler
Sorry to hear but I think the dealers are up against a wall too. With manufacturing delays and shipping delays they may not be getting much information either.
I get that. I think what pisses me off is that a GX which was built after ours was delivered on Monday yet ours is still 2 weeks out. The Window stickers were created on the same day with ours being created 1 second earlier.

It just doesn't make sense.

I'll get over it. I've just lost the excitement I once had for it as it was supposed to have been here by the end of last month.
Old 11-12-21, 04:19 PM
IanG
Intermediate

Received 380 Likes on 212 Posts

I know your frustration, we ordered ours mid February and didn't get any ETA or update until August 10, telling us our GX had arrived and it would be ready for pick-up on August 13. A long 6 month wait.
Old 11-12-21, 04:23 PM
NiteDipper
Rookie

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ameliag8tr
We got ours today. Only about $1K off of SRP, but I guess that isn't terrible. Love the dark rims, I'm glad I waited for one with them to come in.
I agree, the dark rims definitely work well with that color.
brutus27 (11-12-21)
Old 11-14-21, 06:27 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

As for trade-in, I regret going with Carvana without trying Vroom. Carvana gave me almost $4k more than the dealership, but I think Vroom would have given me more. I keep reading testimonies of people getting a higher offer from Vroom than they got from Carvana.
Checked again this morning and Carvana has the higher offer between the 2 for me, really tempted to sell seeing as they are offering me $4K less than I paid for my GX 3+ years ago.
Old 11-14-21, 07:42 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Received 207 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Soap
Checked again this morning and Carvana has the higher offer between the 2 for me, really tempted to sell seeing as they are offering me $4K less than I paid for my GX 3+ years ago.
What will you be replacing it with, if you sold?
Old 11-14-21, 10:00 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

What will you be replacing it with, if you sold?
Well, I thought I was going to wait out for an IS500, but I think now I may order a Tesla Model 3. Not 100% decided but I am going to go ahead and move forward with selling to Carvana, started the upload of documents within the past hour.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery