Search this Thread

Old 11-20-21, 11:30 AM
Alatif
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brutus27
Is your foot firmly on the brake?
My ‘21 doesn’t lurch.
Yes firmly on the brake every time and I still feel it Thrust that's why I posted it here I found it odd for a brand new car to do that
Old 11-20-21, 12:41 PM
brutus27
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Alatif
Yes firmly on the brake every time and I still feel it Thrust that's why I posted it here I found it odd for a brand new car to do that
Not good, somethings amiss. Time to let the dealer take a look at it.
Old 11-20-21, 02:23 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Alatif
I noticed it the first day, trust me I'm not pushing the gas this from a parked position I always feel a Thrust forward whenever I shift it into D from starting the car or if I am parking or maneuvering
every single time I shift into D there is a push forward that can be felt. Maybe I should go talk to the dealer
This happens when you press the brake and keep it pressed for some time before you transfer the gear from park. it never happens when you just press and transfer the lever. My 2015 has the same phenomena and now 2022 has the same thing. Just make a habit to transfer it immediately or if it is that you have pressed the brake pedal but did not transfer the lever then release the foot from brake momentarily and press it again and you would never feel this again.
The following users liked this post:
Alatif (12-05-21)
Old 11-20-21, 03:02 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Which port will it be coming in to OP?
Old 11-21-21, 11:38 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Lexus App

Originally Posted by jlficken
My GX just arrived at the dealership. They don't know that I know that but I absolutely LOVE the Lexus app

PDI is now done as well as the tire pressures went from 48/49 PSI to 36 PSI all around. They also drove it 3.2 miles so now it has 4.1 miles on the ODO.
I have been told that my GX will be delivered mid December. I have the spec sheet with the VIN. Can I find out where my GX is using the app even though I have not bought it yet ?
Old 11-21-21, 02:07 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
I have been told that my GX will be delivered mid December. I have the spec sheet with the VIN. Can I find out where my GX is using the app even though I have not bought it yet ?

You can add it to the Lexus app with the VIN.

I started all of the trials in the app and then when the fuel level and odometer started showing I called the Lexus number and activated Remote Connect. They just gave me the 6-digit code via email to activate it. At that point you can see the Last Parked Location map every time the vehicle is shut off. Once tire pressures go from upper 40's down to low to mid 30's the PDI has been completed.
Old 11-21-21, 03:12 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,671 Likes on 2,401 Posts

I saw this PDS check sheet today from 2017....

. assume still the same to this day?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-PDSB-0287-D.pdf (193.0 KB, 74 views)
The following users liked this post:
NiteDipper (11-22-21)
Old 11-21-21, 06:08 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

My wife has loved her GX for nearly six years. But I’m in the process of buying a RX - I pick it up Tuesday. I admit money is a factor now that I’m retired, although I could do another GX if I really wanted to. But the RX will really do everything the GX will do given that virtually nobody uses a GX as an off road vehicle, And the RX has significant advantages in ride, quietness, handling and gas mileage. The GX will tow more weight if needed, but I never needed to pull anything the RX won’t pull.
Old 11-21-21, 06:11 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jjscsix
My wife has loved her GX for nearly six years. But I’m in the process of buying a RX - I pick it up Tuesday. I admit money is a factor now that I’m retired, although I could do another GX if I really wanted to. But the RX will really do everything the GX will do given that virtually nobody uses a GX as an off road vehicle, And the RX has significant advantages in ride, quietness, handling and gas mileage. The GX will tow more weight if needed, but I never needed to pull anything the RX won’t pull.

At the Lexus dealership the other day picking up our GX there was an NX (non-hybrid) that was $59K
Old 11-21-21, 06:36 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 887 Likes on 615 Posts

Recently considering an Acura MDX Type S. heard $70+k for the tech. package. Think I might hang in here for a while
Old 11-22-21, 10:01 AM
MicD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all I'm hunting for a GX black line in socal. Anyone have a reference for good sales person I can work with? Several dealerships quoting insane markups..
Old 11-22-21, 11:07 AM
NiteDipper
Rookie

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I purchase a BL from Escondido Lexus for list in September. I asked the salesman if the dealership ever marked up vehicles he said no but they have added 'dealer installed' options to drive up profit on hard to get vehicles that haven't had a deposit placed on them before arriving at the dealership. Good Luck
Old 11-22-21, 12:08 PM
jdam
Driver

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts

This is the guy at Longo Lexus in El Monte that helped me get my 2022 in September (purchased September 3rd) . He managed to track down one of the first available, so maybe he'll get lucky again. Longo also typically has pretty large inventories.

Old 11-22-21, 02:08 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

If you can wait it out there will be big discounts in about a year.
Old 11-22-21, 02:43 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
Which port will it be coming in to OP?
I have no clue although Houston would be the closes to my dealer. I was told that another dealer owed my dealer a favor from past swaps so they are going to send it to my dealer when it comes. I'm not sure if my GX will go to the other dealer first and then ship to my dealer. I'm not sure how Lexus dealers swap out vehicles although I get the impression if you want a certain exterior/interior and another dealer has it, they will swap for a popular or fast selling combination. My first choice was the Sepia and next the Ecru.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery