GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-21, 09:17 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am on the hunt for a 22 as well. I am working with Longo at the moment. Glendale wanted a $5k markup, Riverside wants $3995 markup.
Old 11-23-21, 06:03 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
My wife has loved her GX for nearly six years. But I’m in the process of buying a RX - I pick it up Tuesday. I admit money is a factor now that I’m retired, although I could do another GX if I really wanted to. But the RX will really do everything the GX will do given that virtually nobody uses a GX as an off road vehicle, And the RX has significant advantages in ride, quietness, handling and gas mileage. The GX will tow more weight if needed, but I never needed to pull anything the RX won’t pull.
I'm trading in my 2008 RX for the GX because I need a little more cargo room and need the true 4WD vs AWD as I go off road during the hunting season. I know I'm giving up better gas mileage but the test GX I drove was quieter than my RX. Last fall my BIL and I were lucky enough to harvest 2 elk and my RX was packed to the gills with 2 160 qt ice chest plus 2 smaller ones and all of our gear. Antlers had to go on roof rack (my GX will have cross bars). The RX got the job done for unimproved forest roads but I was always a little nervous when encountering stretches of mud and snow. I would never take an RX where I have taken my old Chevy full size blazer 4 WD in past years which was my first 4. WD. Fast forward 25 years and the RX is a dream to drive compared to the log truck harshness of the Chevy. I guess I'm circling back to my youth by getting the GX but I love the luxury that Lexus vehicles provide.
Old 11-23-21, 09:11 PM
reggie1906
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1974Boler
I am an old guy and bought my 2021 GX 460 because it was old school and didn't include a bunch of "new tech"
In fact the 2021 does not have Apple Car Play or Android Auto .... I had to Google what those were
The 2022 now include those but I will stick with mine.
I bought the 2021 GX in January and then traded it in for the 2022. My trade in value was so high that I drove it for free. I love the android auto and now I feel my vehicle is complete.
The following users liked this post:
JPJump (12-13-21)
Old 11-25-21, 08:24 AM
Alatif
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanzky
I noticed this on day one with mine. It would lurch forward once you put it into gear. I think it's normal on the GX.

For example, I would back out of my garage, down my driveway, and into the street. I would brake, shift from 'R' to 'D' and release the brake. As soon as I slowly apply gas, the truck would lurch forward (very jerky and abrupt) before continuing on smoothly.
Thank you for clarifying this as I wasn't sure if it was just my vehicle or everyone noticed this. Dealer said it was normal because it's got a big engine and transmission it will roll after changing gears..... Also I was disappointed with the sluggish speed and drive.. Filled up exxon 93 a few times thought I just had to get used to this truck driving this way.... I put Costco 93 a few days ago and the car is truly driving differently. Faster throttle response and torque power. Can't believe how much of a difference there was. Now I'm truly enjoying the car it has a little more power and responsive and even better economy... I've been using exxon Mobil for years in my bmw... Each car has a preference but what a difference in performance now I'm enjoying this new purchase after a month of owning it.... Let me know if you guys have any suggestions on which gas gives you the best performance on this truck... Maybe that gas station was just selling regular for premium prices. I'm going to stick to Costco because the car is floating and moving like a beast now!
Old 11-25-21, 08:58 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Received 207 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Alatif
Thank you for clarifying this as I wasn't sure if it was just my vehicle or everyone noticed this. Dealer said it was normal because it's got a big engine and transmission it will roll after changing gears..... Also I was disappointed with the sluggish speed and drive.. Filled up exxon 93 a few times thought I just had to get used to this truck driving this way.... I put Costco 93 a few days ago and the car is truly driving differently. Faster throttle response and torque power. Can't believe how much of a difference there was. Now I'm truly enjoying the car it has a little more power and responsive and even better economy... I've been using exxon Mobil for years in my bmw... Each car has a preference but what a difference in performance now I'm enjoying this new purchase after a month of owning it.... Let me know if you guys have any suggestions on which gas gives you the best performance on this truck... Maybe that gas station was just selling regular for premium prices. I'm going to stick to Costco because the car is floating and moving like a beast now!
Yep, after shifting to 'D', I have to keep my foot on the brake pedal for one second. As for gasoline, I have not noticed any differences. I've tried Exxon, Valero, Walmart's, etc., but not Costco's. I did ask my best friend who also has a GX 460 and uses Costco. He said he doesn't notice a difference. We both live in NTX via Long Island.
Old 11-25-21, 09:30 AM
Alatif
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, after shifting to 'D', I have to keep my foot on the brake pedal for one second. As for gasoline, I have not noticed any differences. I've tried Exxon, Valero, Walmart's, etc., but not Costco's. I did ask my best friend who also has a GX 460 and uses Costco. He said he doesn't notice a difference. We both live in NTX via Long Island.
I'm in Staten Island and been using exxon for years I noticed a huge difference in the performance of the vehicle after switching to Costco premium and I won't go back the car was sooo slow before now it's driving like a real lexus luxury performance car... A month of having this car and now I'm getting the full experience..... Also my dealer said he only got 1 more 2022 gx after I took mine at the end of October for msrp and now they are going 15K over the sticker and expected to go more..... Lucky I got my unit when I did.. Costco gas is usually. 25 cents cheaper than the others and performance double win!
Seanzky (11-26-21)
Old 11-25-21, 07:18 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Got some questions. Does the GX Premium come with illuminated scuff plates ? I understand that the running boards are illuminated. Are they only illuminated when a door opens and do they go off when the door closes ? My wife is short. Has anybody had problems getting in and out of the GX ? My wife was not with me when I did a test drive and put down a deposit. My GX will come with a cargo net. Does anybody use the cargo net ? My wife's ES has a cargo net and we have never used it. These are some questions I did not think of when met my salesman and I thought the forum members could give me some answers.
Old 11-26-21, 02:39 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
Got some questions. Does the GX Premium come with illuminated scuff plates ? I understand that the running boards are illuminated. Are they only illuminated when a door opens and do they go off when the door closes ? My wife is short. Has anybody had problems getting in and out of the GX ? My wife was not with me when I did a test drive and put down a deposit. My GX will come with a cargo net. Does anybody use the cargo net ? My wife's ES has a cargo net and we have never used it. These are some questions I did not think of when met my salesman and I thought the forum members could give me some answers.
My GX Premium doesn't have illuminated scuff plates/door sills, but I believe they can be bought aftermarket. The running boards also light up when you approach the vehicle with the key fob on you. Getting in and out of the GX is not a problem for my 5' 10-year old especially when using the running boards. I personally don't use the cargo net and have never used them in any of my previous vehicles but I keep mine in the plastic bag it came in and stored it in the storage cubby... never know when you might need it.
Old 11-26-21, 09:42 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

My GX Premium doesn't have illuminated scuff plates/door sills, but I believe they can be bought aftermarket. The running boards also light up when you approach the vehicle with the key fob on you. Getting in and out of the GX is not a problem for my 5' 10-year old especially when using the running boards. I personally don't use the cargo net and have never used them in any of my previous vehicles but I keep mine in the plastic bag it came in and stored it in the storage cubby... never know when you might need it.
Thanks for the quick response. My wife will definitely have to use the running boards to get in and out. Another question, my GX will also come with the tonneau cover. My RX has one but I hardly ever use it. What I like about the RX the cover can be stored in a cubby hole below the back cargo space. I know that there are a couple of straps to store the cover when it's rolled up but it seems like it will be in the way for grocery bags, golf clubs, etc. I probably will just store in the garage someplace. Is that what you do?
Old 11-26-21, 01:16 PM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
Thanks for the quick response. My wife will definitely have to use the running boards to get in and out. Another question, my GX will also come with the tonneau cover. My RX has one but I hardly ever use it. What I like about the RX the cover can be stored in a cubby hole below the back cargo space. I know that there are a couple of straps to store the cover when it's rolled up but it seems like it will be in the way for grocery bags, golf clubs, etc. I probably will just store in the garage someplace. Is that what you do?
I put a garbage bag on each end of the cover and taped the garbage bags together in the middle. Exactly as you guessed, I store it in my garage, on one of the shelves somewhere.
Old 11-26-21, 01:27 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,671 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Traditionally illuminated door sills have been on the 10-13 Premium and '14+ Luxury models. I'm not certain about pre-wire on this... thread on topic here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...oor-sills.html
Old 11-28-21, 06:01 AM
DSMinATL
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Well I’m beyond frustrated right now and now I’m considering just giving up on this purchase. I put a deposit down on a GX over a month ago after agreeing on a price and finding one with the options we wanted. It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow. So yesterday we went to the dealership to finalize the numbers and talk trade in value. The offer on our trade was laughable. We can do better selling to Carmax even considering the tax ‘savings’.

So we told them to forget the trade and we will just sell it ourselves. They come back with an updated price sheet and one of the dealer add-ons they agreed to remove when I gave them my deposit was there (~$1,000 for something called apex which is worthless). I pointed it out and I was told the manager changed his mind due to ‘the current market’ and knows they can just turn around and sell it if we walk away. I showed them the email where they stated it would be removed and they did not care. So now we have until Monday morning to buy or walk away. I’ve never been angrier at a sales manager. They have all the leverage in this market and they don’t care if they screw people in the process.
jkutti2000 (02-08-22)
Old 11-28-21, 06:29 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by DSMinATL
Well I’m beyond frustrated right now and now I’m considering just giving up on this purchase. I put a deposit down on a GX over a month ago after agreeing on a price and finding one with the options we wanted. It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow. So yesterday we went to the dealership to finalize the numbers and talk trade in value. The offer on our trade was laughable. We can do better selling to Carmax even considering the tax ‘savings’.

So we told them to forget the trade and we will just sell it ourselves. They come back with an updated price sheet and one of the dealer add-ons they agreed to remove when I gave them my deposit was there (~$1,000 for something called apex which is worthless). I pointed it out and I was told the manager changed his mind due to ‘the current market’ and knows they can just turn around and sell it if we walk away. I showed them the email where they stated it would be removed and they did not care. So now we have until Monday morning to buy or walk away. I’ve never been angrier at a sales manager. They have all the leverage in this market and they don’t care if they screw people in the process.
I feel your pain and wound up walking away from the first 3 GX's I put deposits on due to crap like that.

It is my sincere hope that people remember what these types of dealerships are doing in the future and make them suffer when the market reverses and the buyers have the power again.
jkutti2000 (02-08-22)
Old 11-28-21, 06:33 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by DSMinATL

Sounds like you need a new dealer.
I have a 22 ES Fsport being delivered tomorrow to Asheville, NC by Flatbed, the dealer is in Charleton, SC. They removed the Nitrogen charge ($99) and sticker was the price. They offered a fair value for my wife's ES Fsport sight unseen. All paperwork was exchanged via FedEx. I've never bought from them before but we have had a service done there before.
Before leaving NH for the winter we also ordered a GX with a deposit. A week later Lexus stopped taking orders but is honoring orders with a deposit. Here too they wanted a nitrogen charge ($499), they removed it.
The car is expected to show up in NH when we get back North for the summer.

Last edited by EJC; 11-28-21 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-28-21, 07:10 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Walk away, leave them a bad review everywhere you can, tell everyone you know not to buy there, etc... and make sure they know about it, because that's all you can really do about it.
DSMinATL (11-28-21)

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery