GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-21, 01:03 AM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

I brought a 2022 Lexus GX here in SoCal last month. I was able to get under sticker for the vehicle which was amazing giving the market at this time. I needed up leasing, Nori green was hard to come by so I went with my next best option.

So far I have switched all the turn signals to LED, interior lights to bright white and changed the clear tail lamps to the red sport lights.

The following 8 users liked this post by Twizgs:
ballistice (01-23-22), DSMinATL (11-29-21), GX4602011 (11-29-21), Hehena (11-29-21), Philly01 (11-29-21), rxbob23 (11-30-21), tntcandy (11-29-21), ukcats (11-29-21) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-29-21, 03:02 AM
ukcats
Driver

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Twizgs
I brought a 2022 Lexus GX here in SoCal last month. I was able to get under sticker for the vehicle which was amazing giving the market at this time. I needed up leasing, Nori green was hard to come by so I went with my next best option.

So far I have switched all the turn signals to LED, interior lights to bright white and changed the clear tail lamps to the red sport lights.

Looks good. Did you source the taillights from the dealerships parts department? May I ask how much for the tail lights. I can change them myself.
Old 11-29-21, 05:19 AM
WIGX460
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbwb
good for you!, I will reach out to Orland park tomorrow! Is it worth using your salesman and if you don’t mind, could I mention you? (Feel free to PM me, if you are cool with it).

I really appreciate the heads up!
Message Sent!
The following users liked this post:
bigbwb (11-29-21)
Old 11-29-21, 08:59 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ukcats
Looks good. Did you source the taillights from the dealerships parts department? May I ask how much for the tail lights. I can change them myself.
I am curious on this myself! Looks great by the way! Congrats! Im doubting we can get under MSRP here in the midwest as of late
Old 11-29-21, 09:47 AM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ukcats
I sourced from the dealer as I have a connect there but they are online for cheaper. They are super easy to install. Check out GX BOB on YouTube for a bunch of DIY videos
ukcats (11-29-21)
Old 11-29-21, 01:50 PM
Ameliag8tr
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Love the Red Tail lamps! I got the same color as you did with the dark rims and premium package. I asked what the cost difference was going to be if I wanted to change the clear to the red and they said $1.6K (including install) which I thought was insane. So I'll likely do it myself or buy some and have the local Toyota Authorized Repair Shop do it after I purchase them online. Looks great!
Old 11-29-21, 04:47 PM
ukcats
Driver

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts

I sourced from the dealer as I have a connect there but they are online for cheaper. They are super easy to install. Check out GX BOB on YouTube for a bunch of DIY videos
Thank you.
Old 11-29-21, 05:58 PM
DSMinATL
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
You're doing the right thing! The Black Line is nice,however, it's not worth a markup over MSRP.

Also, with the Premium you can get the Plus package with ML sound which isn't available on the Black Line and I wish it was.

See if they'll write up a Purchase Agreement nicely by mentioning what happened. The should understand your not wanting to waste your or their time.

Let us know how it goes!
My deposit was supposedly refunded to my card today so now I’m starting all over again. Sure, I could have just paid those add-ons but why would I pay something they agreed to remove in writing? And when you add them up you’re at nearly $2,000 for what amounts to nothing more than window tint. We aren’t in a rush. The downside now is that our trade will likely lose value the longer we have to wait for one. My wife had originally wanted the white with Sepia interior and we found one. I was the one who pushed for the Black Line. That’s still what I want but there are none to be had right now.

If anyone is shopping around in the Atlanta area, PLEASE AVOID Hennessy Lexus Gwinnett.
GXLUX (11-30-21)
Old 11-30-21, 07:41 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
My GX is supposed to be at my dealer in 2 weeks. I'm an old school guy and wonder how easy is it to use the infotainment screen. What screen is used the most or on as a default? Will I be able to download routes from my android smart phone to the navigation screen? How long did the salesman or a techno person spend on showing you how to use the screen. On another note I'm reading horror stories of dealers marking up your negotiated price. How many of you bought your new GX below MSRP or at least MSRP ? This will be my fourth Lexus and I would not hesitate to drive 4 or 5 hours to another dealer who would give me a price and stand by it. I feel that my home dealer will treat me right as they have in the past.
Plug in your phone to a USB port. Hit Menu, select android auto and you are good to go when you need to use maps. EZ EZ EZ.
Old 11-30-21, 05:17 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Plug in your phone to a USB port. Hit Menu, select android auto and you are good to go when you need to use maps. EZ EZ EZ.
That does sound easy. Can't wait to try it. Two more weeks seems like forever.
Old 11-30-21, 05:20 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
That does sound easy. Can't wait to try it. Two more weeks seems like forever.
Time seems to stand still doesn’t it LOL.

I went for a drive tonight just because and the triple beam headlights are awesome!

It’s such a nice driving vehicle.
bigbwb (11-30-21)
Old 12-02-21, 06:48 AM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

When, during the production/shipping process, is the Monroney created? Thought I read somewhere that it is created when the vehicle is at the port and through customs?

Last edited by GX4602011; 12-02-21 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-02-21, 07:26 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4602011
When, during the production/shipping process, is the Monroney created? Thought I read somewhere that it is created when the vehicle is at the port and through customs?
Mine was created after it was processed at the port before it went to the railhead. Having said that though it was 1 month from that point to actually making it to the railhead.
Old 12-02-21, 10:17 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Update on my 2022 GX. The dealer told me as of yesterday its sitting in CA waiting to be loaded on the train and shipped to WI! So I am guessing in the next few weeks I should expect delivery??
Old 12-02-21, 10:47 AM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
Mine was created after it was processed at the port before it went to the railhead. Having said that though it was 1 month from that point to actually making it to the railhead.
So one month at the port after processing before being loaded on rail? Wonder why the delay?

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery