GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-21, 11:25 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4602011
So one month at the port after processing before being loaded on rail? Wonder why the delay?
Some of that depends on which port. If Long Beach figure 1 month at minimum, otherwise, maybe a week or two at other ports.

I don't really understand the reason for the delay but mine went through Long Beach and that's what I experienced. It then made it from the railhead to my dealership in Nebraska in under 40 hours.
The following users liked this post:
GX4602011 (12-02-21)
Old 12-02-21, 11:27 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigbwb
Update on my 2022 GX. The dealer told me as of yesterday its sitting in CA waiting to be loaded on the train and shipped to WI! So I am guessing in the next few weeks I should expect delivery??

If yours came into the Long Beach Port plan on a month after the Monroney was created. Mine actually took 5 weeks and arrived at the dealership on 11/19.

You can find your Monroney here:
https://api.toyotainventory.com/vehicles/<VIN Goes Here>/monroney
Old 12-02-21, 11:31 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
If yours came into the Long Beach Port plan on a month after the Monroney was created. Mine actually took 5 weeks and arrived at the dealership on 11/19.

You can find your Monroney here:
https://api.toyotainventory.com/vehicles/<VIN Goes Here>/monroney
Thanks for the info! I tried plugging my VIN into the link and nothing, just a page 404 error. Perhaps the monroney has not yet been created. Its crazy how long these cars sit at the ports.
Old 12-02-21, 11:51 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Thanks for the info! I tried plugging my VIN into the link and nothing, just a page 404 error. Perhaps the monroney has not yet been created. Its crazy how long these cars sit at the ports.
Yeah if you see a 404 error then the Monroney hasn't been created yet which means it hasn't been processed at the port yet. Mine sat at the port for 3 weeks before the Monroney was created and then it sat for 1 month before it made it to the Railhead.

I'm never going to go through this process again. If it's not on the lot I'm not buying it from now on.
Old 12-02-21, 11:57 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Yeah if you see a 404 error then the Monroney hasn't been created yet which means it hasn't been processed at the port yet. Mine sat at the port for 3 weeks before the Monroney was created and then it sat for 1 month before it made it to the Railhead.

I'm never going to go through this process again. If it's not on the lot I'm not buying it from now on.
Wow, insane. Im not quite sure how long its been at the port (at least a week or so from what I can gather). Luckily Its not a pressing matter for me unless the used market on 4runers (my trade in) suddenly makes a big drop
Old 12-02-21, 12:07 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Wow, insane. Im not quite sure how long its been at the port (at least a week or so from what I can gather). Luckily Its not a pressing matter for me unless the used market on 4runers (my trade in) suddenly makes a big drop
Unfortunately patiently waiting is basically your only option. I sold my 4Runner back in June and it took until mid-November for my GX to arrive which kind of sucked but it's a great vehicle.
Old 12-02-21, 12:32 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Unfortunately patiently waiting is basically your only option. I sold my 4Runner back in June and it took until mid-November for my GX to arrive which kind of sucked but it's a great vehicle.
Agreed! I will just have to wait it out Lots of folks switching from 4Rs to the GX Congrats! Its hard to pass this up when you are getting nearly what you paid on the 4r for a trade in.
jlficken (12-05-21)
Old 12-02-21, 02:42 PM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Some of that depends on which port. If Long Beach figure 1 month at minimum, otherwise, maybe a week or two at other ports.

I don't really understand the reason for the delay but mine went through Long Beach and that's what I experienced. It then made it from the railhead to my dealership in Nebraska in under 40 hours.
The port is less than 20 miles from my dealer and vehicles are shipped directly here from Japan. There are no back log of ships waiting to offload at this port, nor shortage of drivers to transport the GX to the dealer. No port installed accessories to hold it up either. The Monroney was created on 23 November. Let me clarify that I am not being impatient, rather that I would like to know where it is. ETA is second week of December which is fine by me, gave me time to order Lexus floor liners/trunk mat/roof rails from the dealer so they should be there when the GX is ready.
Old 12-02-21, 03:07 PM
jedi14323
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update on my 2022 GX. The dealer told me as of yesterday its sitting in CA waiting to be loaded on the train and shipped to WI! So I am guessing in the next few weeks I should expect delivery??
Ours arrived at the port on 10/26, it finally arrived to the dealership here in Houston yesterday. I would expect a few weeks.
bigbwb (12-02-21)
Old 12-02-21, 06:52 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Plug in your phone to a USB port. Hit Menu, select android auto and you are good to go when you need to use maps. EZ EZ EZ.
I have another question. I have always used my phone app, Maps, and I like the voice commands giving turn directions. Does the Navigation screen give voice commands ?
Old 12-04-21, 04:52 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Looks like my monroney was created yesterday! Woot woot!
Old 12-04-21, 11:23 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Looks like my monroney was created yesterday! Woot woot!
I have tried to get the monroney on my GX and I get that the VIN is unsupported. On other sites where you plug in a VIN I can get a spec sheet similar to what my salesman sent me with a build date of 10/2021. I too am just waiting on the arrival of my GX but have no clue where it's location is at the moment.
Old 12-04-21, 11:41 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

I plugged in the VIN and got a page 404 error also. I guess when I was told to expect mid December for delivery it may be longer ???
Old 12-04-21, 01:35 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
I plugged in the VIN and got a page 404 error also. I guess when I was told to expect mid December for delivery it may be longer ???

Youll get a 404 until it’s done processing through the port. After that you should see mileage and fuel level show in the app once it makes it to the railhead.

Which port? If it’s Long Beach plan on another 30+ days.
Old 12-04-21, 02:28 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Youll get a 404 until it’s done processing through the port. After that you should see mileage and fuel level show in the app once it makes it to the railhead.

Which port? If it’s Long Beach plan on another 30+ days.
I do not have a clue of which port. All I know is that my salesman told me mid December, maybe by the 10'th. I am getting antsy.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery