GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-21, 02:30 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddylo;[url=tel:11176115
11176115[/url]]I do not have a clue of which port. All I know is that my salesman told me mid December, maybe by the 10'th. I am getting antsy.

It looks like you’re in Arkansas so it’s probably coming through Texas or Florid. You may get it by mid-December in that case.
Old 12-04-21, 02:53 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
It looks like you’re in Arkansas so it’s probably coming through Texas or Florid. You may get it by mid-December in that case.
Hopefully Houston. That's where my RX landed.
Old 12-05-21, 06:51 AM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Youll get a 404 until it’s done processing through the port. After that you should see mileage and fuel level show in the app once it makes it to the railhead.

Which port? If it’s Long Beach plan on another 30+ days.
Where did you get the information that the Monroney is created once the vehicle has been processed through the port?
Old 12-05-21, 07:13 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4602011
Where did you get the information that the Monroney is created once the vehicle has been processed through the port?

I’ve been watching for months. The clincher was that my build was supposed to have a tow hitch. Until the Monroney was created it still showed as having a tow hitch on the Lexus website. Once the Monroney was created the hitch was gone and then a couple days later it disappeared off of the Lexus website as well.

The vehicle then went into F status once the Monroney existed through that Toyota API that I posted.

Basically, nobody told me but I’ve seen the sequence of events unfold many times over the last 6 months.

ETA: The only add on that mine had was floor mats so the hold up at the port is just logistical. A lack of trucks, trains, etc slows everything down. It’s also possible there was a cargo container of floor mats on a ship that isn’t getting unloaded as well which slowed mine down.

Last edited by jlficken; 12-05-21 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-05-21, 11:13 AM
Alatif
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sfuad
This happens when you press the brake and keep it pressed for some time before you transfer the gear from park. it never happens when you just press and transfer the lever. My 2015 has the same phenomena and now 2022 has the same thing. Just make a habit to transfer it immediately or if it is that you have pressed the brake pedal but did not transfer the lever then release the foot from brake momentarily and press it again and you would never feel this again.
Thanks for this tip it worked doesn't thrust forward if I shift quickly at all anymore appreciated!
The following users liked this post:
brutus27 (12-05-21)
Old 12-05-21, 06:18 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

If yours came into the Long Beach Port plan on a month after the Monroney was created. Mine actually took 5 weeks and arrived at the dealership on 11/19.

You can find your Monroney here:
https://api.toyotainventory.com/vehicles/<VIN Goes Here>/monroney
I ran your link and my monroney label appeared and said it was delivered to my dealer by truck. I will call tomorrow to check status as they are closed on Sunday. I also got a form letter email from my salesman thanking me for buying a vehicle from their dealership this morning. Christmas may have come early this year To be continued for sure........
Old 12-06-21, 02:55 AM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

I’ve been watching for months. The clincher was that my build was supposed to have a tow hitch. Until the Monroney was created it still showed as having a tow hitch on the Lexus website. Once the Monroney was created the hitch was gone and then a couple days later it disappeared off of the Lexus website as well.

The vehicle then went into F status once the Monroney existed through that Toyota API that I posted.

Basically, nobody told me but I’ve seen the sequence of events unfold many times over the last 6 months.

ETA: The only add on that mine had was floor mats so the hold up at the port is just logistical. A lack of trucks, trains, etc slows everything down. It’s also possible there was a cargo container of floor mats on a ship that isn’t getting unloaded as well which slowed mine down.
What is F-Status?

Mine (Monroney) has been created on Nov 23rd. The port is less than 20 miles from the dealer, no port installed add-ons and no shortages of delivery drivers in the city where the dealer is. Makes no sense why it would sit at the port or the dealer for a few weeks for no reason. As I wrote earlier, I am not being impatient (can wait longer if needed) but I wonder what they are doing with it since Nov 23rd if what you write is accurate.
Old 12-06-21, 06:52 AM
jedi14323
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We picked up our 22 GX on 12/3/2021 from Sterling McCall in Houston. We paid sticker and the only dealer add on was window tint. I was told that all incoming GXs at that dealership are pre-sold with at least a 2 month wait.
Old 12-06-21, 02:59 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

My GX is supposed to arrive at the dealer sometime today (probably already there). I was told as soon as they can get it in the shop and do a PDI on it and the sales-person gets the keys I will get a call to come and pick it up. Maybe Wed or Fri. (Don't know why Thurs was not available). Now I need to start cleaning out my trade in. Can't wait until next year's elk hunt to put it through it's paces.
Old 12-06-21, 05:25 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
My GX is supposed to arrive at the dealer sometime today (probably already there). I was told as soon as they can get it in the shop and do a PDI on it and the sales-person gets the keys I will get a call to come and pick it up. Maybe Wed or Fri. (Don't know why Thurs was not available). Now I need to start cleaning out my trade in. Can't wait until next year's elk hunt to put it through it's paces.
congrats! I’m hoping the 22s are moving along a bit faster from port to dealer as production ramps up. I’m hopeful for a late December delivery.
Old 12-06-21, 05:38 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

When you went to the dealership to pick up your GX, how much time did it take to sign the papers, go over all the bells and whistles, and drive out ? Not that I'm in hurry but I have not bought a new car in 13 years. I have watched the tutorial several times but still expect to go over some of the setups that are important with a Lexus tech or my salesperson. Bluetooth, navigation, phone, and some of the safety things will all be new to me.
Old 12-07-21, 07:50 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Default December to Remember Discounts to be had?

Hey folks,
With December here, are there any incentives off of the 2022 GX's? When I received a price from my local dealer (they are price gougers), they had a $600 December to remember factory rebate factored in and then of course a dealer $600 "maintenance plan" tacked on....what a crock! Needless to say, I went elsewhere to order my GX. But Im guessing the rebate was legit. Anyone else care to shed light on this?

Thanks,
Old 12-07-21, 09:32 AM
MrTorgue
Instructor

Received 354 Likes on 235 Posts

Don’t expect any decent discounts on anything right now. The market for new and used is so insane right now you’re at the mercy of the dealer(s). You’re lucky it was only $600. LOL
The following users liked this post:
bigbwb (12-07-21)
Old 12-07-21, 09:39 AM
tntcandy
Intermediate

Received 265 Likes on 147 Posts

typically the cash rebate is $1000 here in S FL from Lexus, then the dealer might have own incentives to drive the sale if needed
Old 12-07-21, 10:47 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Im also not expecting much or anything off at all, but I thought its worth asking around Historically Lexus has always offered something in december, so maybe some of us will luck out!

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery