GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-21, 11:08 AM
jedi14323
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just bought a GX last Friday. We paid sticker and did offer 2.49% financing. We financed with our Credit union for 1.95% I think if there were a greater supply we might see discounts. I was told that for GXs all are presold before they arrive at their dealership.
Old 12-07-21, 11:58 AM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
You can add it to the Lexus app with the VIN.

I started all of the trials in the app and then when the fuel level and odometer started showing I called the Lexus number and activated Remote Connect. They just gave me the 6-digit code via email to activate it. At that point you can see the Last Parked Location map every time the vehicle is shut off. Once tire pressures go from upper 40's down to low to mid 30's the PDI has been completed.
Did the fuel level and odometer numbers show prior to calling Lexus to activate Remote Connect? Was this an issue with Lexus that you had not yet taken delivery (thus not the current owner) for them to allow you access?
Thanks
Old 12-07-21, 12:34 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4602011
Did the fuel level and odometer numbers show prior to calling Lexus to activate Remote Connect? Was this an issue with Lexus that you had not yet taken delivery (thus not the current owner) for them to allow you access?
Thanks

The fuel level and mileage showed once the vehicle made it to the railhead. I had activated the trials before that happened though so I'm guessing that they have to be active at that point for them to update.

Lexus didn't ask any questions beyond account verification when I called to get the 6-digit PIN to activate Remote Connect. I did wind up having to do it twice as the vehicle has to have DCM signal for it to work and the first time I called I believe it was in a train car. I waited to call again until I saw the mileage change again and then it activated within a minute and I had all of the remote control features (start, unlock, lock, window/door status, etc.).
The following users liked this post:
GX4602011 (12-07-21)
Old 12-07-21, 01:07 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
My GX just arrived at the dealership. They don't know that I know that but I absolutely LOVE the Lexus app

PDI is now done as well as the tire pressures went from 48/49 PSI to 36 PSI all around. They also drove it 3.2 miles so now it has 4.1 miles on the ODO.
I saw the picture of your GX you posted in a later post and noticed the roof rails were different from other GX's. I like the elevated rails on yours. Did you do a special order ?
Old 12-07-21, 01:10 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
I saw the picture of your GX you posted in a later post and noticed the roof rails were different from other GX's. I like the elevated rails on yours. Did you do a special order ?

The 2022 Black Line Special Edition gets black Prado roof rails but they are the only trim level that gets them.
catdaddylo (12-07-21)
Old 12-10-21, 02:50 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Picked up my new GX 460 Premium and it's great. Got it at MSRP plus the usual handling fee. Cross bars was a little high at $350 but I already told the dealer to add them when the truck was going through PDI. I am pleased after reading some of the other gouging practices that some dealers abuse their customers. The buying was a pleasure and I really liked the experience. Atomic Silver with the ecru interior. Now I have to figure out where the clock is.........
Kisel17 (01-22-22)
Old 12-10-21, 02:58 PM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Received 207 Likes on 115 Posts

Picked up my new GX 460 Premium and it's great. Got it at MSRP plus the usual handling fee. Cross bars was a little high at $350 but I already told the dealer to add them when the truck was going through PDI. I am pleased after reading some of the other gouging practices that some dealers abuse their customers. The buying was a pleasure and I really liked the experience. Atomic Silver with the ecru interior. Now I have to figure out where the clock is.........
I have the same colors. Two months later, I'm still very much in love with mine. The clock (time) is digial right between the off-road controls, above the CD player.
Old 12-10-21, 04:58 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Seanzky
I have the same colors. Two months later, I'm still very much in love with mine. The clock (time) is digial right between the off-road controls, above the CD player.
Found it ! Got a dumb question. This is my first push button start vehicle. With my past vehicles, if you wanted to listen to the radio, you could turn the ignition key to ACC (Accessory). How can you do this with a push button start ?
Old 12-10-21, 05:02 PM
bowhun2r
Pit Crew

Received 155 Likes on 60 Posts

Found it ! Got a dumb question. This is my first push button start vehicle. With my past vehicles, if you wanted to listen to the radio, you could turn the ignition key to ACC (Accessory). How can you do this with a push button start ?

Don't press the brake pedal. Push once you will have radio. Push twice full ACC (head lights...). Push thrice turns off the vehicle. Keep the foot off the brake.
The following 2 users liked this post by bowhun2r:
EJC (12-10-21), GX4602011 (12-11-21)
Old 12-10-21, 05:23 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bowhun2r
Don't press the brake pedal. Push once you will have radio. Push twice full ACC (head lights...). Push thrice turns off the vehicle. Keep the foot off the brake.
Thank you vey much !!!
Old 12-11-21, 09:24 AM
Citygirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22 gx

Hi,

I traded in my 17 Volvo XC90 for a 22 Lexus GX yesterday.

I have buyers remorse. I didn’t even test drive it and now totally regret it.

I miss my blind spot detector, when I would get too close to a car an orange light would pop up as well, the cameras were 100% better from my Volvo.

With the age of my Volvo I started getting problems with it. I researched and saw that Lexus vehicles hold their value and are very reliable.

Am I wrong to feel the way I do? I’m already thinking I’ll go back to a Volvo in 3 years.
Old 12-11-21, 09:37 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My sales guy just informed me my GX has arrived at the rail station and being loaded soon. He still expects delivery around 24-29th of December. Seems far away once it’s on the train or no?
Old 12-11-21, 10:04 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigbwb
My sales guy just informed me my GX has arrived at the rail station and being loaded soon. He still expects delivery around 24-29th of December. Seems far away once it’s on the train or no?
My GX was transported by truck so I assume it arrived from Houston, New Orleans, Mobile, etc. Gulf ports. Sounds like yours is coming from the west coast since they are using rail. Time seems to stand still when you know it's in country but not at your dealership. Look at this way. You are going to have a most wonderful Christmas and be looking for those gifts just like when you were a kid.
bigbwb (12-11-21)
Old 12-11-21, 10:07 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 75 Posts

The 22 GX has most of the safety features on it that Lexus/Toyota offers. It should have the BSM in the mirror, maybe it is turned off? From the Lexus website on the GX:

BLIND SPOT MONITOR WITH REAR-CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT

Change lanes with confidence. The Blind Spot Monitor* is designed to detect and warn you of vehicles approaching or positioned in the adjacent lanes. For added peace of mind, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert* can help you when backing out of a parking space. It can notify you of vehicles approaching from either side.
Old 12-11-21, 10:23 AM
jdam
Driver

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
The 22 GX has most of the safety features on it that Lexus/Toyota offers. It should have the BSM in the mirror, maybe it is turned off? From the Lexus website on the GX:

BLIND SPOT MONITOR WITH REAR-CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT

Change lanes with confidence. The Blind Spot Monitor* is designed to detect and warn you of vehicles approaching or positioned in the adjacent lanes. For added peace of mind, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert* can help you when backing out of a parking space. It can notify you of vehicles approaching from either side.
You can enable blind spot monitoring and cross traffic alerts in the little screen in the dash. Mine was enabled by default, but that might've been a PDI thing.
catdaddylo (12-11-21)

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery