GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-21 | 10:29 AM
MrTorgue
Instructor

I would hope this is a learning experience to; a) never buy a vehicle without a thorough test drive and b) Volvos are good to lease whereas Lexuses are good to buy. It is unfathomable that any decent auto maker’s vehicle (XC90’s are NOT cheap) after 4 years already has a product with problems. Learn to like your new GX, it’ll outlast you and the money you’ll save in repairs from having to fix that Volvo will pay dividends later on. GX’s are some of if not the best built vehicles on planet earth. I have 153k miles on my GX460 and not a damn thing is wrong with it. It’s only needed a radiator at 141k.

The good news for you is if you are dead set on not wanting the GX you can likely break even with today’s market assuming you didn’t pay a dealer markup on it.
The following users liked this post:
Seanzky (12-12-21)
Old 12-11-21 | 04:27 PM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GX4602011
What is F-Status?

Mine (Monroney) has been created on Nov 23rd. The port is less than 20 miles from the dealer, no port installed add-ons and no shortages of delivery drivers in the city where the dealer is. Makes no sense why it would sit at the port or the dealer for a few weeks for no reason. As I wrote earlier, I am not being impatient (can wait longer if needed) but I wonder what they are doing with it since Nov 23rd if what you write is accurate.
Our sales person has now told us that our GX is arriving to our local port by barge from another US port and not to our port directly from Japan as he previously told me. This would make sense as the Monroney was generated on Nov 23.
Old 12-11-21 | 04:57 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Ironically my salesman got back to me later today and it’s on the train already in Idaho. Heading to IL from CA. So hopefully delivery within a week I’d think. Exciting! Had a chance to sit in a 22 GX today as well, the interior is so much nicer and modern compared to the older ones.
GX4602011 (12-12-21)
Old 12-13-21 | 03:55 PM
Islero
Driver School Candidate

Hey Folks,

I'm working with my local dealer here in the DC area for a 22 gx 460 Premium w/ premium plus, captain's chair. I also am interested in the Off-road package but my salesperson told me that I can't get the off-road with premium trim. Can anyone verify this? Also, I was thinking of bumping up to the Luxury trim but not sure if the added features i.e. adaptive variable suspension and semi-aniline upgrade are really a difference maker.....I realize that this can be pretty subjective but would love members input on this.

Thanks!

Last edited by Islero; 12-13-21 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-13-21 | 04:02 PM
tntcandy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Islero
Hey Folks,

I'm working with my local dealer here in the DC area for a 22 gx 460 Premium w/ premium plus, captain's chair. I also am interested in the Off-road package but my salesperson told me that I can't get the off-road with premium plus. Can anyone verify this? Also, I was thinking of bumping up to the Luxury trim but not sure if the added features i.e. adaptive variable suspension and semi-aniline upgrade are really a difference maker.....I realize that this can be pretty subject but would love members input on this.

Thanks!
Lexus somehow have the off-road package available only in the luxury trim, why is a good question, as I coddle imagine many would select it if available on Base and Premium trims.
We selected a 2021 Premium with sports nd captain chairs second row, as the few time we woful use the off-road package was not worth it, additionally will most likely lift it 2-2 ½" within few years so the adaptive suspension did not make sense for us.
Old 12-17-21 | 01:41 PM
MSPGX460
Driver School Candidate

Ironically my salesman got back to me later today and it’s on the train already in Idaho. Heading to IL from CA. So hopefully delivery within a week I’d think. Exciting! Had a chance to sit in a 22 GX today as well, the interior is so much nicer and modern compared to the older ones.

Did your GX show up yet? I picked up mine yesterday and I'm in Minnesota.
Old 12-17-21 | 02:20 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MSPGX460

Did your GX show up yet? I picked up mine yesterday and I'm in Minnesota.
not yet! Earlier this week tracking showed it was in Montana ironically. Since then, no updates! I’m hoping it’s moving my way to WI but the sales guy isn’t sure if it’s stalled in Montana or in route just not updated in the system.
Old 12-17-21 | 02:21 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Do you happen to know when yours shipped from the port and how long it took to get to MN? That might give me a timeframe
Old 12-17-21 | 02:22 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigbwb
not yet! Earlier this week tracking showed it was in Montana ironically. Since then, no updates! I’m hoping it’s moving my way to WI but the sales guy isn’t sure if it’s stalled in Montana or in route just not updated in the system.

Have you enabled the trials for Remote Connect and called Lexus for the 6-digit code to activate the system yet? If not you should as that'll give you basic instant updates whenever it is started and then shut off via the Last Parked Location which uses GPS.
Old 12-17-21 | 02:23 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jlficken
Have you enabled the trials for Remote Connect and called Lexus for the 6-digit code to activate the system yet? If not you should as that'll give you basic instant updates whenever it is started and then shut off via the Last Parked Location which uses GPS.
I have not! I will try that! Even though the papers aren’t signed, I can do so?
Old 12-17-21 | 02:26 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

I have not! I will try that! Even though the papers aren’t signed, I can do so?

I did it with mine last month and all I had was my name on the Lexus account with the VIN. They didn't seem to care. You lose a few days of your trials but it was worth it to me to track the vehicles progress. I knew it was at the dealership and done with the PDI before my salesman did LOL.
bigbwb (12-17-21)
Old 12-17-21 | 05:05 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

I activated the subscription! Waiting for it to come through from Lexus. Will the gps location work on the app once it’s activated so I can see where it’s at?
Old 12-17-21 | 05:37 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

I activated the subscription! Waiting for it to come through from Lexus. Will the gps location work on the app once it’s activated so I can see where it’s at?
Depending on if it has network access you may have to wait a day or two for it to get off the train car.

There isn't a current GPS location on the app. It's just a Last Parked Location.
Old 12-17-21 | 05:47 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jlficken
Depending on if it has network access you may have to wait a day or two for it to get off the train car.

There isn't a current GPS location on the app. It's just a Last Parked Location.
got it! So do you think it would give me a location if it’s been in transit for at least a week? Odds are it’s been loaded and unloaded a few times. Based on the sales guy, it’s hard to say if it’s coming from CA via rail car or truck?
Old 12-17-21 | 06:17 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigbwb;[url=tel:11184607
11184607[/url]]got it! So do you think it would give me a location if it’s been in transit for at least a week? Odds are it’s been loaded and unloaded a few times. Based on the sales guy, it’s hard to say if it’s coming from CA via rail car or truck?
It only updates after it’s been activated and then turned on and shut off at least once.

It’ll be coming via rail for the main journey and then it’ll get put on a truck.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery