GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-21, 06:24 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
It only updates after it’s been activated and then turned on and shut off at least once.

It’ll be coming via rail for the main journey and then it’ll get put on a truck.
thank you sir! I shall report back with updates, ha!
Old 12-18-21, 05:59 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

It only updates after it’s been activated and then turned on and shut off at least once.

It’ll be coming via rail for the main journey and then it’ll get put on a truck.
how long did it take for the app to update with the all the additional features after you contacted Lexus?
Old 12-18-21, 07:58 AM
MSPGX460
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbwb
Do you happen to know when yours shipped from the port and how long it took to get to MN? That might give me a timeframe
My Monroney was created on 11/23. Dunno what port it came from, so I won't even guess.
Old 12-18-21, 09:30 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbwb;[url=tel:11184836
11184836[/url]]how long did it take for the app to update with the all the additional features after you contacted Lexus?

If the Remote Connect activation times out then it doesn’t have signal so you’ll need to get a new code. Mine did that once and then I saw the Odometer update so I got a new code and then it activated within a few minutes.
Old 12-18-21, 10:41 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

If the Remote Connect activation times out then it doesn’t have signal so you’ll need to get a new code. Mine did that once and then I saw the Odometer update so I got a new code and then it activated within a few minutes.

Old 12-18-21, 10:42 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

This is all I see in the app? When I called, they just said it would activate after I receive email confirmation. Maybe I screwed it up??
Old 12-18-21, 10:58 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigbwb;[url=tel:11184962
11184962[/url]]This is all I see in the app? When I called, they just said it would activate after I receive email confirmation. Maybe I screwed it up??

Did you activate your trials as you should see Odometer and Fuel level displayed along with the Start and Lock/Unlock buttons?

Until you see mileage and fuel levels it hasn’t made it to the railhead for shipment yet I’m my experience.
Old 12-18-21, 11:02 AM
bigbwb
Intermediate

All I did was call Lexus and tell them to activate the Lexus enforce features on the app. It has been shipped and it’s on its way for sure.
Old 12-18-21, 11:16 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

All I did was call Lexus and tell them to activate the Lexus enforce features on the app. It has been shipped and it’s on its way for sure.
You need to go into the app and enable the trials. Then you have to put in the code that they emailed.
Old 12-18-21, 12:48 PM
bigbwb
Intermediate

I’ve got it working now! Yeeesh! No updates since 12/8 and it was in Portland at that point
Old 12-18-21, 01:03 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

I’ve got it working now! Yeeesh! No updates since 12/8 and it was in Portland at that point
Glad it’s working!

The next update will probably be when it boards the train followed by it getting off the train.

The good news is that you’ll know which it is as if it’s not in Portland the next time it updates then it’ll be at the destination rail yard at which point it should be at the dealership within a day or two and you’ll know as the Last Parked Lication will update at every step.

Once it gets to the dealership you can then tell when the PDI is done as the tire pressures will drop from 50ish PSI to 35ish PSI.
Old 12-19-21, 08:04 AM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Got the 2022 GX. Atomic Silver & Sepia.

Premium Pkg, heated steering wheel, headlight washers and cargo cover, no port installed options nor dealer add-ons. Paid MSRP of $58,535.00. It was the exact colors and options we wanted, with nothing extra that we didn't. I bought the Lexus floor liners, cargo rubber mat and cross bars (roof rack) at the parts counter. As soon as the Lexus hitch becomes available once again I'll purchase that, in the mean time I have a Curt to use. All GXs and most all other models are pre-sold before arriving at the dealership. We were fortunate to get ours in a relatively short time (deposit at the beginning of November), current wait time is 3 months or so. Our sales guy told us their dealership is forbidden by Lexus to add markup, unlike their sister Toyota dealership with ridiculous markups.

The finance department experience was not that great. The dealership is connected with the Toyota dealership, so we were brought to the Toyota finance department. As expected came the 'extras'. We brought a cashiers check for the full mount, like others here paying cash. This started out with our finance lady looking for some other ways to profit. She first asked how long we would keep our new GX, I replied maybe 2 years, depending where we move next in retirement. The expression turned a bit sour on her unmasked face, what came next explained it. She presented a work sheet with three rows of options. The first row on the left was labeled 'Premium', the second row 'Preferred', the third row to the right of the sheet the 'Essentials'. I was gobsmacked by the audacity of the prices for what amounted to crap for the most part.

Premium:
Service Agreement - 72mo/100K :$4,495.00
Prepaid Maintenance - 60mo \ 55K miles: $2,270.00
Ceramic Finish - Nano Glass coating: $1,735.00
Rust Sound Protection - Rust Treatment, Door Jams, Wheel well: $1,009.00
Xpel Clear Bra - Clear and Invisible Protection: $2,430.00
Crystal Fusion - Improved visibility and night vision: $1,825.00
Tire and Wheel - Tire and wheel coverage: $1,010.00
Key Replacement - $800 benefit: $349.00

Preferred

Essentials

The sales tactic plan is to show an obnoxious amount on the first row and as one reads to the right, the last option 'Essentials' would seem far more reasonable (relatively) and would still net $Ks in profits. If she could only see the smile (laughing at the absurdity) on my face under my mask. She was clearly unhappy with our refusal of the 'add-ons' and showed it. I just hope there is no vengeful retaliation such as messing up the paperwork, misplacing the money order, etc.
The following users liked this post:
Kisel17 (01-22-22)
Old 12-19-21, 08:14 AM
MSPGX460
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4602011

Premium Pkg, heated steering wheel, headlight washers and cargo cover, no port installed options nor dealer add-ons. Paid MSRP of $58,535.00. It was the exact colors and options we wanted, with nothing extra that we didn't. I bought the Lexus floor liners, cargo rubber mat and cross bars (roof rack) at the parts counter. As soon as the Lexus hitch becomes available once again I'll purchase that, in the mean time I have a Curt to use. All GXs and most all other models are pre-sold before arriving at the dealership. We were fortunate to get ours in a relatively short time (deposit at the beginning of November), current wait time is 3 months or so. Our sales guy told us their dealership is forbidden by Lexus to add markup, unlike their sister Toyota dealership with ridiculous markups.

The finance department experience was not that great. The dealership is connected with the Toyota dealership, so we were brought to the Toyota finance department. As expected came the 'extras'. We brought a cashiers check for the full mount, like others here paying cash. This started out with our finance lady looking for some other ways to profit. She first asked how long we would keep our new GX, I replied maybe 2 years, depending where we move next in retirement. The expression turned a bit sour on her unmasked face, what came next explained it. She presented a work sheet with three rows of options. The first row on the left was labeled 'Premium', the second row 'Preferred', the third row to the right of the sheet the 'Essentials'. I was gobsmacked by the audacity of the prices for what amounted to crap for the most part.

Premium:

Preferred

Essentials

The sales tactic plan is to show an obnoxious amount on the first row and as one reads to the right, the last option 'Essentials' would seem far more reasonable (relatively) and would still net $Ks in profits. If she could only see the smile (laughing at the absurdity) on my face under my mask. She was clearly unhappy with our refusal of the 'add-ons' and showed it. I just hope there is no vengeful retaliation such as messing up the paperwork, misplacing the money order, etc.
Probably not her idea to push the extras. It's a dealership thing. And it's end of year and extra pressure to close strong. I didn't take any of the extras. I paid MSRP and they held a bit on the trade, but I was surprised I could even get a GX with minimal nonsense.
The following users liked this post:
GX4602011 (12-19-21)
Old 12-19-21, 12:25 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4602011

Premium:

Preferred

Essentials

Your GX is like mine but my interior is Ecru. Mine came with the all weather mats, polished tail pipe but I did have the dealership add the cross bars. Paid sticker plus state tax to Motor Vehicle. I got mine a week ago went through the signing ritual of refusing all of the dealer add on's. My finance guy did not seem upset at all from me turning down all of the dealer add on's. He also told me to bring the GX back in for free service at 5K and a free oil change at 10K. Also free loaner car with any scheduled service, which I have used for the last 25 years at my dealer. I would say that this was a very satisfying new car buy as there was very little haggling on my trade and none on the GX which was sticker. In the pre pandemic years of the past, my dealer would come off sticker but never as much as I wanted but I had to weigh the difference of buying out of state vs the saved dollars and would it be worth it. Anyway, I love the GX and am still learning how to operate all of the bells and whistles. The first time I drove it at night, I was surprised by the auto dimming headlights. I have never had hands free phone and found it very easy to use. Navigation is great. I have always used my cell phone in the past. Can't wait to take my first road trip with it.
The following 2 users liked this post by catdaddylo:
GX4602011 (12-19-21), Kisel17 (01-22-22)
Old 12-19-21, 01:25 PM
NiteDipper
Rookie

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Lexus seems pretty lax on Enform app security.

I did it with mine last month and all I had was my name on the Lexus account with the VIN. They didn't seem to care. You lose a few days of your trials but it was worth it to me to track the vehicles progress. I knew it was at the dealership and done with the PDI before my salesman did LOL.
Lexus is pretty lax on the EnForm app security if you have access to all the functions, or am I missing something? All you need is the vin from the window sticker which is available for any new lexus advertised by a dealer. It will take one incident where a vehicle is remotely started that is sitting on the lot or valet mode is used to limit the speed or mileage for Lexus to tighten up security. The manual directs that the emergency connect button in the overhead center console be used to initially enable the app, this is likely a "Security Measure" but obviously there is a breach.

Last edited by NiteDipper; 12-19-21 at 03:42 PM.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery