2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-21, 12:46 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTorgue
What dealer?
my local dealer is currently Lexus of Tulsa and it’s 16 now. They received 24 a few weeks ago.

edit:now it’s 15

Last edited by AirForce8; 12-29-21 at 12:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MrTorgue (12-29-21)
Old 12-29-21, 07:03 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by thedroids
This is my first post on this forum. I walked out of the Toyota dealership after I was handed a quote for $5k of extras that drove my Tacoma price up to $51k. I told the salesman that that is all garbage and I could get a Lexus GX 460 for that price + a few thousand more and have a V8 to boot.
So here I am.
And we decided that we’d rather have the GX over a Taco anyhow because of the comfort on long trips and hp/torque improvements for pulling our trailer.
Here’s my question. Did you have to purchase any of that stuff? You said you got exactly what you wanted without any extras, so I assume you refused all of that dealer tinsel at gold bullion prices.
I’m just dipping my toes in this now and want to prepare as much as possible. I haven’t purchased a new vehicle in almost two decades.
Thanks in advance.
During the paperwork we were asked about all of the normal add-ons but we just politely declined and they dropped it. There was much less pressure than when we bought either of our Toyota's to the point that I flat out decided I wouldn't buy another vehicle from the Toyota dealership.
Old 12-29-21, 07:21 AM
IanG
Intermediate

Received 380 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
During the paperwork we were asked about all of the normal add-ons but we just politely declined and they dropped it. There was much less pressure than when we bought either of our Toyota's to the point that I flat out decided I wouldn't buy another vehicle from the Toyota dealership.
Our experience was exactly the same, they reviewed the add-on's and answered all our questions. There was no pressure and no rush we had several weeks to decide. It was a great experience.
Old 12-30-21, 06:26 PM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Just confirmed with my dealer, my order has been accepted and should be in the allotted units for Feb. should get vin and build sheet in 2nd part of Jan. East coast here so no port delays (yet) thank god!
Old 12-30-21, 07:53 PM
Satalac
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kamikazi
Just confirmed with my dealer, my order has been accepted and should be in the allotted units for Feb. should get vin and build sheet in 2nd part of Jan. East coast here so no port delays (yet) thank god!
When did you place your order? I just placed an order for a GX with the premium plus w/captains chairs on Monday and was told it would likely be 4-5 months until delivery.
Old 12-31-21, 09:25 AM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Satalac
When did you place your order? I just placed an order for a GX with the premium plus w/captains chairs on Monday and was told it would likely be 4-5 months until delivery.
originally was late Nov for a premium but I changed to a lux so that pushed me. All told it should be 3-4 months. Sounds like your dealer is spot on
Satalac (01-01-22)
Old 01-01-22, 08:46 AM
GX460BL
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After being a Jeep guy for the last 15 years, I've decided to make the switch to a GX 460 Black Line edition. Monroney is dated 12/28 and it's sitting in Portland at the moment. ETA is January 18-24th according to the dealership. Really excited to make the switch. My wife is going with a black line RX 350 and we are both new to Lexus. I've never driven a GX460 but am confident in all of the reviews online. And for anyone that has owned/driven a Wrangler, the bar is set pretty low as far as ride comfort, so I'm sure the GX will be amazing.
DSMinATL (01-01-22)
Old 01-01-22, 10:23 AM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GX460BL
After being a Jeep guy for the last 15 years, I've decided to make the switch to a GX 460 Black Line edition. Monroney is dated 12/28 and it's sitting in Portland at the moment. ETA is January 18-24th according to the dealership. Really excited to make the switch. My wife is going with a black line RX 350 and we are both new to Lexus. I've never driven a GX460 but am confident in all of the reviews online. And for anyone that has owned/driven a Wrangler, the bar is set pretty low as far as ride comfort, so I'm sure the GX will be amazing.
having owned the last 3 generations of wrangler I can tell you that the GX is going to spoil you in comparison. The “fun” factor is higher with the wrangler but nothing can beat the GX for its capabilities and luxury. Congrats on nabbing a blackline!
Old 01-01-22, 12:16 PM
GX460BL
Driver School Candidate

having owned the last 3 generations of wrangler I can tell you that the GX is going to spoil you in comparison. The “fun” factor is higher with the wrangler but nothing can beat the GX for its capabilities and luxury. Congrats on nabbing a blackline!
Thanks!

I owned a JK, JKUR, and most recently a JLUR. I had it lifted with 37s which isn’t exactly practical as a daily driver. But yeah, they are a lot of fun and I will miss that come summer.

The black line edition sold me on the GX as well as the V8. One of my regrets with my last wrangler was getting talked into the 2.0l turbo instead of the 3.6 pentastar V6. Even though that engine was plenty capable, I couldn’t stand the feel or sound of it. Looking forward to power and luxury!
Old 01-01-22, 12:19 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GX460BL;[url=tel:11194011
11194011[/url]]Thanks!

I owned a JK, JKUR, and most recently a JLUR. I had it lifted with 37s which isn’t exactly practical as a daily driver. But yeah, they are a lot of fun and I will miss that come summer.

The black line edition sold me on the GX as well as the V8. One of my regrets with my last wrangler was getting talked into the 2.0l turbo instead of the 3.6 pentastar V6. Even though that engine was plenty capable, I couldn’t stand the feel or sound of it. Looking forward to power and luxury!
You’ll love the Black Line Edition! It’s what got me to buy a GX as well.

Here’s ours on the day we picked it up. The dealer installed Falken Rubitrek’s before we left.

After it’s first bath:

Last edited by jlficken; 01-01-22 at 12:23 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jlficken:
DSMinATL (01-01-22), Kisel17 (01-22-22)
Old 01-01-22, 12:30 PM
GX460BL
Driver School Candidate

Here’s ours on the day we picked it up. The dealer installed Falken Rubitrek’s before we left.

After it’s first bath:

That looks amazing! It was a long debate between black and white, I chose black because it was available and I just came from a white Jeep.

jlficken (01-01-22)
Old 01-01-22, 12:47 PM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

After it’s first bath:

man! That is a great looking rig! I’m getting a luxury with sport pack in white so it’s close!
Old 01-01-22, 12:53 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

man! That is a great looking rig! I’m getting a luxury with sport pack in white so it’s close!

Thanks! I was getting a Nori Green initially but it fell through so I grabbed a Starfire Pearl instead. I wasn’t sure how I’d like it as I hadn’t ever seen the color nor have I owned a white vehicle before but I love it and wouldn’t trade it for the Nori Green even if I was offered one. The contrast of the white and black is great and it really shows off the vehicle lines like those in the hood while the darker colors hide them.

If the dealer wants to (or already has) put tire shine/black on the tires before you take it home be sure to take a rag and wipe that ***** off of all the tires first thing! I didn’t and had to wash the vehicle when I got home as that ***** was all over the vehicle. Hundreds of black specs all because the tires looked “dry”…grrr. I let the salesman know that they shouldn’t ever do that on a white vehicle again.
Old 01-03-22, 04:17 PM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I was getting a Nori Green initially but it fell through so I grabbed a Starfire Pearl instead. I wasn’t sure how I’d like it as I hadn’t ever seen the color nor have I owned a white vehicle before but I love it and wouldn’t trade it for the Nori Green even if I was offered one. The contrast of the white and black is great and it really shows off the vehicle lines like those in the hood while the darker colors hide them.

If the dealer wants to (or already has) put tire shine/black on the tires before you take it home be sure to take a rag and wipe that ***** off of all the tires first thing! I didn’t and had to wash the vehicle when I got home as that ***** was all over the vehicle. Hundreds of black specs all because the tires looked “dry”…grrr. I let the salesman know that they shouldn’t ever do that on a white vehicle again.
haha! Good to note thanks! I would hate to see the amazing white all covered. My dealer is great, fair pricing and simplest shopping.
Old 01-03-22, 08:03 PM
TheWeberC
10th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Guess I got lucky

Wow, reading all these horror stories really makes me feel lucky. My journey only took a week. Once my search started in earnest, I reached out to my local dealer online, started communicating with a sales rep, and told her what I was looking for. Within 2 days she let me know that they had one arriving soon that checked the boxes and wasn't spoken for. I put down the deposit, and she got all the paperwork in order without ever stepping foot on the lot. Last Wednesday we signed on the dotted line and took delivery. It was by far the easiest car buying experience I've ever had.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery