GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-22 | 08:07 PM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheWeberC
Wow, reading all these horror stories really makes me feel lucky. My journey only took a week. Once my search started in earnest, I reached out to my local dealer online, started communicating with a sales rep, and told her what I was looking for. Within 2 days she let me know that they had one arriving soon that checked the boxes and wasn't spoken for. I put down the deposit, and she got all the paperwork in order without ever stepping foot on the lot. Last Wednesday we signed on the dotted line and took delivery. It was by far the easiest car buying experience I've ever had.
sometimes timing is just perfect, congrats for it being a breeze for you! Mine has some specifics so it is more challenging to find. Hope you enjoy the new ride, post pics!
The following users liked this post:
TheWeberC (01-03-22)
Old 01-03-22 | 08:23 PM
TheWeberC
10th Gear

Originally Posted by kamikazi
sometimes timing is just perfect, congrats for it being a breeze for you! Mine has some specifics so it is more challenging to find. Hope you enjoy the new ride, post pics!

DSMinATL (01-08-22)
Old 01-03-22 | 09:11 PM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheWeberC

great looking vehicle!
Old 01-05-22 | 10:50 AM
Barzana
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie

I was on the verge of getting a 2022 Highlander but decided to go look at a 2022 GX460 since I though the highlander rear was not quite tall enough for my Rhodesian Ridgeback (big dog). I fell in love with the GX. Salesperson tried to sell me certified used cars and did not know what I was talking about when I told him I was looking for a 2022 because of the upgrades in technology. He then, reluctantly, showed me a 2022 which was purchased by a customer who backed out. It was Black Premium with Blackline Edition, but did not have upgraded stereo, etc but I asked if I can test drive anyway, although I wasn't interested in that particular vehicle. I test drove and really liked the vehicle and arranged to purchase one of the incoming vehicles - Claret-Mica Premium Plus Package with Captain Chairs and Sport Design. My vehicle should arrive in about two weeks. It was just over $63k but they gave me $13k for my 2017 Toyota Highlander which I thought was more than fair as I didn't want to deal with the hassle of selling it myself. Love my FJ Cruiser, but wanted upgraded safety features that I have gotten accustomed to. I don't care that it has a swing door as I got used to having that on the FJ. I am contemplating also trading in my 2018 Camry to lower the price even more with what they are offering for used cars now. My wife doesn't work, so might as well get down to one vehicle. I have been purchasing Toyotas for a long time, I think I may now be a Lexus guy - if the experience is what I hope it is. I'm here to get excited about my incoming GX.
Old 01-05-22 | 10:52 AM
Barzana
Driver School Candidate

Beautiful. I wanted Starfire Pearl but both incoming ones were account for. It was between Nebula Gray or Claret Mica. I went with Claret Mica because it had the features I wanted. This Starfire Pearl is my favorite though.
Old 01-05-22 | 10:53 AM
Barzana
Driver School Candidate

Looks great with those Black rims. Mine should be arriving with the Sport Design rims (Dark Gray machine finished), not black, but dark enough for me.
Old 01-05-22 | 10:58 AM
Barzana
Driver School Candidate

I was able to go dealership on 1/3/2022 and they had five incoming, with only two of them claimed. I was able to claim one of the incoming vehicles that is expected to arrive on 1/18/2022. Maybe each region is different. Probably sell better up north than down here in FL where people don't demand 4WD as much. I work for the VA so I always be ready to move if a better opportunity presents itself elsewhere (Colorado maybe)?

Old 01-06-22 | 02:17 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Default Key

This may be a dumb question but when I took delivery of my new GX I was given two key fobs. Is there a key in the key fob to open the door if the battery on the key fob goes bad ?
Old 01-06-22 | 02:24 PM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Barzana
I was able to go dealership on 1/3/2022 and they had five incoming, with only two of them claimed. I was able to claim one of the incoming vehicles that is expected to arrive on 1/18/2022. Maybe each region is different. Probably sell better up north than down here in FL where people don't demand 4WD as much. I work for the VA so I always be ready to move if a better opportunity presents itself elsewhere (Colorado maybe)?
maybe a trip to fl is in my books, not a horrible drive back up to NC!
Old 01-06-22 | 02:35 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
This may be a dumb question but when I took delivery of my new GX I was given two key fobs. Is there a key in the key fob to open the door if the battery on the key fob goes bad ?
I really feel like a dummy now. Saw the little button on the side of the key fob that said push. I did and finally saw where the key pulls up like a sword out of a scabbard. I assume that the vehicle can still start after you use the key to unlock the door.
jlficken (01-06-22)
Old 01-07-22 | 02:04 PM
DSMinATL
Driver

Originally Posted by DSMinATL
My deposit was supposedly refunded to my card today so now I’m starting all over again. Sure, I could have just paid those add-ons but why would I pay something they agreed to remove in writing? And when you add them up you’re at nearly $2,000 for what amounts to nothing more than window tint. We aren’t in a rush. The downside now is that our trade will likely lose value the longer we have to wait for one. My wife had originally wanted the white with Sepia interior and we found one. I was the one who pushed for the Black Line. That’s still what I want but there are none to be had right now.

If anyone is shopping around in the Atlanta area, PLEASE AVOID Hennessy Lexus Gwinnett.
So after walking away from this 'deal' back in November we got a call from the other dealer saying they had an incoming white Black Line and offered to hold it for us and it's now expected to arrive next week. After everything we went through with the last dealership it's difficult to be excited about the purchase now but hopefully there won't be any surprises or dealer add-ons this time around. I will say that I also really like the Premium Plus with Sport Design package and it's only $2K more than a Black Line. However, those seem to be harder to find than a Black Line these days and we don't really need/want captains chairs or power 3rd row. I really wish you could customize the options more on these things. I'd likely just opt for a Premium w/Sport Design and ML audio if such a thing existed. I've only seen one white Black Line in person (passed it while driving) and I did like the look of it. I look forward to hopefully seeing one up close next week when ours arrives at the dealership. God I hate purchasing cars. Good luck to everyone else navigating this current market!
NiteDipper (01-07-22)
Old 01-07-22 | 05:09 PM
CFAI
Instructor

Originally Posted by DSMinATL
So after walking away from this 'deal' back in November we got a call from the other dealer saying they had an incoming white Black Line and offered to hold it for us and it's now expected to arrive next week. After everything we went through with the last dealership it's difficult to be excited about the purchase now but hopefully there won't be any surprises or dealer add-ons this time around. I will say that I also really like the Premium Plus with Sport Design package and it's only $2K more than a Black Line. However, those seem to be harder to find than a Black Line these days and we don't really need/want captains chairs or power 3rd row. I really wish you could customize the options more on these things. I'd likely just opt for a Premium w/Sport Design and ML audio if such a thing existed. I've only seen one white Black Line in person (passed it while driving) and I did like the look of it. I look forward to hopefully seeing one up close next week when ours arrives at the dealership. God I hate purchasing cars. Good luck to everyone else navigating this current market!
Maybe just skip sports design and get a Prem Plus. It is only $1700 more than Prem. You can think of the power third row as free and the ML as a $1700 option and you get the second row bench. Prem Plus is $59,530 and Prem is $57,835 both after delivery charge.
Old 01-08-22 | 06:00 AM
DSMinATL
Driver

Originally Posted by CFAI
Maybe just skip sports design and get a Prem Plus. It is only $1700 more than Prem. You can think of the power third row as free and the ML as a $1700 option and you get the second row bench. Prem Plus is $59,530 and Prem is $57,835 both after delivery charge.
That is something we considered. I just wanted something that looked a little more unique than the hundreds of other white GXs that we see driving around. I also really like the red taillights. This will be for my wife and she probably cares less about the looks than I do. And she probably wouldn’t notice that much of a difference with the ML audio. We are both just kind of burned out on this whole thing. We will look at this incoming Black Line and see if we like it enough to make the purchase.
Old 01-08-22 | 03:32 PM
Satalac
Driver School Candidate

Just got an update that our GX will be in the Port of Jacksonville on 1/16. This was MUCH quicker than anticipated.
Old 01-12-22 | 06:16 PM
SKGX
Driver

Waiting on my '22 Starfire BL. Shipping from Cali to East Coast. few more days...

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery