GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-22 | 03:36 PM
MrTorgue
Instructor

Originally Posted by jer
[color=#1d2839]I would see if they would remove all of these, but due to current market conditions they may say if you don't take them, someone else
^ This. Be prepared to pay a market adjustment regardless of what it is. While shopping for my RAV4 Prime or Venza I communicated with a dozen dealers and you WILL NOT AVOID an up charge of some kind. @jer is right, if you don’t pay someone else will. I got lucky with what I am paying for my Prime.
Old 01-15-22 | 05:16 PM
ranger474
Driver School Candidate

Finally last night picked up long awaited truck. Put deposit on it Nov 9, it hit port in NY on Jan 8, it was ready for pick up on 12 Jan. Received VIN early Dec and was tracking it via Lexus Enform app since it was manufactured and waiting to be loaded on the ship at Tahara Plant port parking lot. Paid MSRP 61,685, although my dealer tried to pull that 2,5K chip shortage markup on me, didn't work.
Starfire Pearl with Sepia Nuluxe interior, Premium Plus package with ML and bench 2nd row w/ electronically controlled 3rd row seats.
Sold wife's 2020 RF 350 F Sport and got this one, boss is extremely happy, that's her daily driver now. A few things are missed from RX (12.3 inch screen, which canted 5 degrees toward the driver; auto folding side mirrors when locking; AUTO mode for cooled/heated seats; LED interior lights). I will never switch from my LC200, GX feels tad underpowered for me lol. Otherwise a solid 4x4'er.

Last edited by ranger474; 01-15-22 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added info
The following 3 users liked this post by ranger474:
DSMinATL (01-16-22), Islero (01-16-22), Kisel17 (01-22-22)
Old 01-15-22 | 05:55 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BillWill87
Did they say you had to be on a wait list? All of my local Lexus dealers are out of stock and the incoming ones are already for someone on the wait list. They are asking a $1000 refundable deposit to be put on the wait list.
what have they said to you once you turned the dealer's accessories down? Did they just agreed right away? Just trying to get an idea on what to do if they say that I have to do it but that they'll discount or some sort of plan B

thanks!
I walked into my Lexus dealer and asked for a salesman. I had previously gone on line to the Lexus web site and built the GX I wanted with the interior and exterior colors. My salesman turned out to be a lady which was a first for me. I handed her my GX print out of the GX I wanted with the options I wanted. She told me that the dealer did not have any GX's on site but had a few on order that were not pre-sold. I was not interested in the colors that were coming. She then asked for a $1000 deposit and would first try to locate a GX with my specs from another Lexus dealer. Worst case scenario she would put in a order that may take 8 to 12 weeks. She explained that to get a GX from another dealer, my dealer would have to trade a GX that was not a pre sold to that dealer. The next step was getting a price for my trade. I had gotten a rough idea of what my trade was worth from various web sites and my dealer finally agreed to what was a ball park figure that I could live with. I left the dealership and went home and found several GX's in Houston and Dallas (I'm in Arkansas). I got the dealer numbers for these vehicles and told my saleswoman but she said she could not get them as she had nothing to exchange in a trade. A week later she called and said she had found a GX with all of my specs except the interior color was Ecru instead of Sepia. The MSRP was about $300 more than my build specs but basically about the same.Ecru was my second choice to go with Atomic Silver so I jumped on it. She said that the dealer that was getting this particular GX owed my dealer a favor and would do a trade. I jumped on it and took ownership December 10. I think it was the first week in November when I walked into the dealership. Price was never really mentioned other than sticker. Consumer Reports said that a good deal for my zip code was around $190 over MSRP. Signing the papers was easy with the finance officer as he offered all of the extra options that you had previously mentioned. I politely said no to each option offered and intialed each offer that I was not interested. The bottom line was the price of my GX was the sticker price plus the dealers administered fee which was normal and expected. The dealer never mentioned any of the accessories before getting my GX. Only the day that I wrote a check for the vehicle minus the $1000 deposit and trade did they mention the accessories and they were not pushy at all when I declined the add on's. I have never paid sticker for any car until this one but the pandemic, chip issues, and ships having issues with loading docks has made the price of new and used auto sky rocket. I would not have any problems of flying to a out of state dealer that would be happy to sell me a Lexus at sticker or even below without the hassle of tacking on unwanted accessories. I have done that a couple of times in the past and the local dealer still had to honor my new car warranty for service. Good luck and let your dealer know that you are not interested in any dealer add on's if they want to sell you a car.
The following users liked this post:
Kisel17 (01-22-22)
Old 01-15-22 | 06:33 PM
BillWill87
Driver

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
I walked into my Lexus dealer and asked for a salesman. I had previously gone on line to the Lexus web site and built the GX I wanted with the interior and exterior colors. My salesman turned out to be a lady which was a first for me. I handed her my GX print out of the GX I wanted with the options I wanted. She told me that the dealer did not have any GX's on site but had a few on order that were not pre-sold. I was not interested in the colors that were coming. She then asked for a $1000 deposit and would first try to locate a GX with my specs from another Lexus dealer. Worst case scenario she would put in a order that may take 8 to 12 weeks. She explained that to get a GX from another dealer, my dealer would have to trade a GX that was not a pre sold to that dealer. The next step was getting a price for my trade. I had gotten a rough idea of what my trade was worth from various web sites and my dealer finally agreed to what was a ball park figure that I could live with. I left the dealership and went home and found several GX's in Houston and Dallas (I'm in Arkansas). I got the dealer numbers for these vehicles and told my saleswoman but she said she could not get them as she had nothing to exchange in a trade. A week later she called and said she had found a GX with all of my specs except the interior color was Ecru instead of Sepia. The MSRP was about $300 more than my build specs but basically about the same.Ecru was my second choice to go with Atomic Silver so I jumped on it. She said that the dealer that was getting this particular GX owed my dealer a favor and would do a trade. I jumped on it and took ownership December 10. I think it was the first week in November when I walked into the dealership. Price was never really mentioned other than sticker. Consumer Reports said that a good deal for my zip code was around $190 over MSRP. Signing the papers was easy with the finance officer as he offered all of the extra options that you had previously mentioned. I politely said no to each option offered and intialed each offer that I was not interested. The bottom line was the price of my GX was the sticker price plus the dealers administered fee which was normal and expected. The dealer never mentioned any of the accessories before getting my GX. Only the day that I wrote a check for the vehicle minus the $1000 deposit and trade did they mention the accessories and they were not pushy at all when I declined the add on's. I have never paid sticker for any car until this one but the pandemic, chip issues, and ships having issues with loading docks has made the price of new and used auto sky rocket. I would not have any problems of flying to a out of state dealer that would be happy to sell me a Lexus at sticker or even below without the hassle of tacking on unwanted accessories. I have done that a couple of times in the past and the local dealer still had to honor my new car warranty for service. Good luck and let your dealer know that you are not interested in any dealer add on's if they want to sell you a car.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I wish it will go the same for me. I replied to my dealer's sales rep that I would agree to put the $1000 if they agree to sign a buyer's order that agrees that they won't add on anything during PDI. I haven't heard anything back from them today and getting anxious since I fell in love with the GX but of course don't wanna show them any of these emotions.

I haven't really searched other states. How's the process? Do you simply call them up and ask for an email of a sales rep? I like to at least get an estimate of the out the door price so I can see if it matches with my preferences and budget.
Old 01-15-22 | 07:04 PM
ranger474
Driver School Candidate

Jlficken! What size are your Rubitreks? Any rubbing left/right?
Old 01-15-22 | 07:13 PM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ranger474

Finally last night picked up long awaited truck. Put deposit on it Nov 9, it hit port in NY on Jan 8, it was ready for pick up on 12 Jan. Received VIN early Dec and was tracking it via Lexus Enform app since it was manufactured and waiting to be loaded on the ship at Tahara Plant port parking lot. Paid MSRP 61,685, although my dealer tried to pull that 2,5K chip shortage markup on me, didn't work.
Starfire Pearl with Sepia Nuluxe interior, Premium Plus package with ML and bench 2nd row w/ electronically controlled 3rd row seats.
Sold wife's 2020 RF 350 F Sport and got this one, boss is extremely happy, that's her daily driver now. A few things are missed from RX (12.3 inch screen, which canted 5 degrees toward the driver; auto folding side mirrors when locking; AUTO mode for cooled/heated seats; LED interior lights). I will never switch from my LC200, GX feels tad underpowered for me lol. Otherwise a solid 4x4'er.
Congrats! I reserved mine 12/13 but no build info yet, hopeful for next week to track for mid Feb delivery (to match your timeline)
ranger474 (01-15-22)
Old 01-15-22 | 07:33 PM
ranger474
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kamikazi
Congrats! I reserved mine 12/13 but no build info yet, hopeful for next week to track for mid Feb delivery (to match your timeline)
It should be there on time, if it'll hit East coast port, it's worth the wait, trust me, all of the incoming GX's are presold.
SEELEXUS (01-16-22)
Old 01-15-22 | 08:11 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BillWill87
Thanks for sharing your experience. I wish it will go the same for me. I replied to my dealer's sales rep that I would agree to put the $1000 if they agree to sign a buyer's order that agrees that they won't add on anything during PDI. I haven't heard anything back from them today and getting anxious since I fell in love with the GX but of course don't wanna show them any of these emotions.

I haven't really searched other states. How's the process? Do you simply call them up and ask for an email of a sales rep? I like to at least get an estimate of the out the door price so I can see if it matches with my preferences and budget.
You can call or go on line to out of state Lexus dealers. I called Sewell Lexus in Dallas, and asked to speak to the person who did out of state sales. I told him what I wanted, colors, packages, etc., and he told me what he had and what was coming in. I was given a price, bottom line which also included a Texas new car inspection fee which was not much. I borrowed the amount from my credit union and flew from Little Rock to Dallas via Southwest for less than a hundred dollars. Sewell mailed the necessary paper work to my local DMV where I paid the new car tax in my state. I saved over a thousand dollars from what my local dealer was going to charge me. This was many years ago and a thousand dollars then would be several thousand today. It was a joy to be driving a brand new Lexus home, about 350 miles and I enjoyed every minute of the experience. My local Lexus dealer serviced my car without any problems.My GX is my third Lexus I have bought from my local dealer and I make them aware of this every time I have bought a new vehicle from them. Even though new car prices are at sticker give or take a couple of hundred, dealers still want to sell you a car. My gut is that Corporate Lexus does not want it's dealers to gouge customers because they want to maintain a good relationship for the long run. The rouge dealer that rips off customers will not maintain that management for very long.
Old 01-16-22 | 06:13 AM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

Ranger474, how did you track your GX via the Enform app?
Old 01-16-22 | 06:45 AM
mello03
Pit Crew

I think he said 265/60r18
ranger474 (01-16-22)
Old 01-16-22 | 06:55 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

I stuck with the OEM 265/60R18 size as I didn’t want to mess with a lift or other issues. They’re a 31” tire though according to Falken so slightly larger than the OEM tire diameter.
ranger474 (01-16-22)
Old 01-16-22 | 06:58 AM
raiders3
Driver

Originally Posted by GX4602011
Got the 2022 GX. Atomic Silver & Sepia.

Premium Pkg, heated steering wheel, headlight washers and cargo cover, no port installed options nor dealer add-ons. Paid MSRP of $58,535.00. It was the exact colors and options we wanted, with nothing extra that we didn't. I bought the Lexus floor liners, cargo rubber mat and cross bars (roof rack) at the parts counter. As soon as the Lexus hitch becomes available once again I'll purchase that, in the mean time I have a Curt to use. All GXs and most all other models are pre-sold before arriving at the dealership. We were fortunate to get ours in a relatively short time (deposit at the beginning of November), current wait time is 3 months or so. Our sales guy told us their dealership is forbidden by Lexus to add markup, unlike their sister Toyota dealership with ridiculous markups.

The finance department experience was not that great. The dealership is connected with the Toyota dealership, so we were brought to the Toyota finance department. As expected came the 'extras'. We brought a cashiers check for the full mount, like others here paying cash. This started out with our finance lady looking for some other ways to profit. She first asked how long we would keep our new GX, I replied maybe 2 years, depending where we move next in retirement. The expression turned a bit sour on her unmasked face, what came next explained it. She presented a work sheet with three rows of options. The first row on the left was labeled 'Premium', the second row 'Preferred', the third row to the right of the sheet the 'Essentials'. I was gobsmacked by the audacity of the prices for what amounted to crap for the most part.

Premium:
Service Agreement - 72mo/100K :$4,495.00
Prepaid Maintenance - 60mo \ 55K miles: $2,270.00
Ceramic Finish - Nano Glass coating: $1,735.00
Rust Sound Protection - Rust Treatment, Door Jams, Wheel well: $1,009.00
Xpel Clear Bra - Clear and Invisible Protection: $2,430.00
Crystal Fusion - Improved visibility and night vision: $1,825.00
Tire and Wheel - Tire and wheel coverage: $1,010.00
Key Replacement - $800 benefit: $349.00

Preferred
Xpel Clear Bra - Clear and Invisible Protection: $2,430.00

Essentials

The sales tactic plan is to show an obnoxious amount on the first row and as one reads to the right, the last option 'Essentials' would seem far more reasonable (relatively) and would still net $Ks in profits. If she could only see the smile (laughing at the absurdity) on my face under my mask. She was clearly unhappy with our refusal of the 'add-ons' and showed it. I just hope there is no vengeful retaliation such as messing up the paperwork, misplacing the money order, etc.
Congratulations on the purchase!

Your info is very helpful regarding what a finance department may try to push. Thank you.

May I please ask the name of the Toyota dealership to
which you were taken to the finance department?
Old 01-16-22 | 07:03 AM
Satalac
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SEELEXUS
Ranger474, how did you track your GX via the Enform app?
That's what I'm trying to figure out as well. I have the Lexus app as well as the Lexus Enform App Suite app and have put in the VIN from the build, but don't see anywhere that shows location. Mine is supposed to hit the Port of Jacksonville today, so it would be nice to see where it's at.
Old 01-16-22 | 07:10 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Satalac
That's what I'm trying to figure out as well. I have the Lexus app as well as the Lexus Enform App Suite app and have put in the VIN from the build, but don't see anywhere that shows location. Mine is supposed to hit the Port of Jacksonville today, so it would be nice to see where it's at.

Start the Trials (Remote Connect mainly) the call Lexus for the 6-digit code to activate Remote Connect.

Enter the code into the app and wait for it to activate. You may have to call a couple of times if the vehicle doesn’t have signal. After that you should see the Start, Lock, Unlock, etc buttons activate and a Last Parked Location card appear.
Old 01-16-22 | 07:42 AM
Satalac
Driver School Candidate

We ordered a 2022 GX460 Premium with a few options. We decided to get pre approved through a credit union to get a 1.73% rate as opposed to the 2.49% Lexus has. The credit union needed a build sheet with the VIN. Lexus sent it to us and I noticed the price was a little higher. They had added 3M paint protection film, carpet mats (we ordered all weather), exhaust tip, key gloves, wheel locks and headlamp washers. We called the salesman and asked what was going on. He said that Lexus puts that on there in case the person who orders it ends up backing out. I wasn't very pleased with that answer since I ordered it with what we wanted for a reason. They said they'd take all of that off, which are dealer add-ons anyways, except for the headlamp washers since those are installed at the factory. It's only $100 more and I kinda wanted them after we already sent the order. We'll see if there are any other markups when we pick it up, but the salesman reassured us that we'd pay MSRP for it. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. I think financing with another party will help with that.
MrTorgue (01-16-22)

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery