GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-22 | 02:58 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BillWill87
I appreciate the detailed information. I'll definitely follow these steps when I'm able to lock into one and get the VIN

For sure! Share those pictures!

One question I have for those who have put themselves into the waitlist. Did you have to follow up with your sales rep every week or every month to see if there was one coming in their lot? Or did the sales rep check with you regularly/periodically?
I ask this because I had to ask my sales rep this week to see if there was anything and only then I got a response that they had one vehicle with all of the options I asked but the exterior color not matching.
When I walked into the dealer and met my sales rep, I gave her a printout I had made from the Lexus web site. She asked for a $1K down and told me she would see if she could find my GX and get it with a trade from a GX they had coming that was not pre sold. I found several GX's in Houston, (I'm in Little Rock) that were similar to my build. I was told they were not available as they did not have any GX's to trade at that time. About a week later I got a call from the sales rep that she could get a GX that had everything I wanted but the interior was Ecru instead of Sepia. Ecru was my second choice and I told the rep to get it. She sent me the Monterey and said it would be about a month before I could get it. I got my GX about 3 weeks later. My GX arrived by truck to my dealer on a Sunday and I got a call from my rep Monday I could get it Friday or Saturday. I got it on Friday and a couple of hours to sign all the paperwork and go over most of the options and how they worked and how I wanted some of the options set up, I drove my new GX home. It's been about six weeks and I have not even washed it yet due to cold weather. By the way, I love the Ecru. Price was MSRP plus $129 for dealer cost/ handling. According to Consumers Report, I got a good deal. A lot of Toyota's, Hundai, and Kia's are selling way over MSRP. The saving grace was that I got a decent price on my trade that I could live with. The bottom line is that you may need to be flexible on somethings that are not as important as others if you don't want to go through a long wait on a factory build. There were some options I definitely wanted that come in the premium package and I definitely wanted Atomic Silver as the exterior color.Anyway, I really enjoy my new GX and looking forward to the first day I wash it.
Old 01-30-22 | 03:13 PM
Satalac
Driver School Candidate

Was able to snap a pic after a quick clean up.

Love this GX so far. It does have a few quirks that will take getting used to, but I knew that going in with both of my in-laws and my wife's grandmother having them.

Oh, and to those adding the app to track your vehicle once it hits port, just know that your 3 years of Enform starts then and not when you actually take delivery.
The following 2 users liked this post by Satalac:
SEELEXUS (01-31-22), sirtiger (02-01-22)
Old 01-30-22 | 03:22 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

thats actually quite fast for the port of los angeles movement, compared to reports of how it was 1 month ago!!!
Old 01-30-22 | 11:24 PM
mike995134
Driver

I was in the same boat … had a vehicle coming off lease in early 2021 … started looking at the GX in the Summer of 2020. Our sales rep (had purchased two other Lexus from him previously) suggested that we not wait too long as there were many unknowns swirling around the pandemic leading to potential shortages, And he was the first to mention to us about a chip shortage being on the horizon, he said that would result in vehicles becoming more difficult to get. We pulled the trigger in late Fall of 2020 … and am so glad that we did. We got the Lexus $4,500 holiday incentive plus another almost $6,000 off from the dealer … MSRP was $63,000+ and we paid a tad over $51,000. Am soooo grateful for that timely advice. We may not have the updated dashboard interior, or Apple Car Play …. but it’s the same rugged-reliable rig for much less than others are paying today.

The following 3 users liked this post by mike995134:
Kisel17 (01-31-22), Questtt3 (01-31-22), SEELEXUS (01-31-22)
Old 02-02-22 | 07:02 AM
MontyLab
8th Gear

Question 22 GX Color Availability? Prices paid?

Hello all,
I am just starting to shop for a 22 GX Prem w/ Captains chairs. I would ideally like the Blue exterior color (burgundy is 2nd choice) w/ light beige interior. I live north of Atlanta and I only see about 2 Blue 22's within like 500 miles. (and no burgundy units at all I believe) Why do none of the dealerships have this color in stock? Should I assume that it's just early in the year and expect more of these to roll out? I hate to have to order one...Also, is everyone still paying full retail for these now a days? (that still is crazy to me) Is there a database here on what people are paying? (thx)
Old 02-02-22 | 07:52 AM
MontyLab
8th Gear

Originally Posted by DSMinATL
I walked away from a GX purchase at Hennessy in Gwinnett after putting a $1,000 deposit on one in October and waiting a month only to have the sales manager go back on his word (in writing) to remove the Apex protection add-on at $950. I've never been so infuriated at a dealership in my life. I suggest you do the same since they have zero integrity. There are more details of my ordeal here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...l#post11171768

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...l#post11171811

We ended up driving to Nalley in Smyrna the next day after wasting hours at Hennessy arguing about the price change. The experience was night and day. Zero dealer add-ons. No pressure from anyone. And they offered us $2K more for our trade than Hennessy did. We picked up our GX two days ago. I will never step foot in a Hennessy dealership again. Feel free to message me if you want the names of the people we worked with at Nalley.

Thanks for the detail on this...I live in Cumming, and I am now stressing about getting a fair deal on a new 22 w/ the limited stock and colors available. (I'd like Blue or burgundy)
Old 02-02-22 | 10:29 AM
MontyLab
8th Gear

I'm so jealous for all if you who took delivery if the GX460. I placed my deposit 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. Plus I also asked a caviar exterior with ecru interior and what will make it more difficult to find one that allocates is the fact that I added the Premium Plus package after hearing some people praise about the Marc Levinson speakers.
Can I ask about how long the wait was for you guys and also did they do any mark up that hasn't hasn't mentioned initially but after they had your gx delivered?
I am also in GA and just starting this process...What dealership are you working with and how did it go? Are they trying to hit you with all the junk fees? Paying msrp? ...thx
Old 02-02-22 | 10:42 AM
BillWill87
Driver

Originally Posted by MontyLab
I am also in GA and just starting this process...What dealership are you working with and how did it go? Are they trying to hit you with all the junk fees? Paying msrp? ...thx
I went to the Nalley Lexus Smyrna and also Nalley Lexus of Roswell. They are both owned by the same entity but I made the deposit for both dealership and will decide to go with whoever gets me the vehicle first.
I had the worst experience with Hennessy Lexus. Please don't go there, their dealers addendum is to the roof and they treat you like a dog there.

Nalley was straight forward. They only had the resistall as their addendum but they were nice enough to discount that from $1,199 to $599. There were some dealer added accessories but these seemed to be a stuff that can't be taken off on most dealers given the market circumstances and they were things that I was gonna get anyway. Stuff like tonneau cover, all weather liners and cargo mat, etc.

I made $1000 deposit with nalley Smyrna and $500 with Roswell nalley. For some reason their deposit was less.

Let me know if you have any other question. Feels good that I won't be alone in this journey 😌
The following 2 users liked this post by BillWill87:
DSMinATL (02-02-22), MontyLab (02-02-22)
Old 02-02-22 | 11:28 AM
MontyLab
8th Gear

I went to the Nalley Lexus Smyrna and also Nalley Lexus of Roswell. They are both owned by the same entity but I made the deposit for both dealership and will decide to go with whoever gets me the vehicle first.
I had the worst experience with Hennessy Lexus. Please don't go there, their dealers addendum is to the roof and they treat you like a dog there.

Nalley was straight forward. They only had the resistall as their addendum but they were nice enough to discount that from $1,199 to $599. There were some dealer added accessories but these seemed to be a stuff that can't be taken off on most dealers given the market circumstances and they were things that I was gonna get anyway. Stuff like tonneau cover, all weather liners and cargo mat, etc.

I made $1000 deposit with nalley Smyrna and $500 with Roswell nalley. For some reason their deposit was less.

Let me know if you have any other question. Feels good that I won't be alone in this journey 😌
Excellent...Thank you for your direction. Everything that I have been successful with in buying a car in the past is pretty much worthless in this covid era. I really wanted to buy a Jeep Rubicon before this vehicle but the supply issue is RIDICULOUS on Wranglers. I refuse to pay 5k over retail and 70k for a V6 Rubicon. Crazy times.
Old 02-04-22 | 03:59 AM
Kisel17
Driver

Hey Everyone,

Is there a better way to search for on lot inventory other than going to Lexus.com and searching by one dealer at a time based on my zip code? I can have my local dealer do it but he wants a deposit to put down towards a GX first. He said he could get what we want to close to it within a week.

I would prefer to factory order but was told that the order banks are not open right now. Does anyone know when they might reopen? I would be willing to wait for the GX as I have some time before I NEED the vehicle.

I know there has been speculation as to whether the 2023 model will be updated or will be a continuation of the current model. David Chao from Automotive Press alluded to Lexus moving up the GX and the 4Runner being pushed back. Not sure what to make of this but if 2022 is the end of the current run, I may need to act sooner.

Any thoughts? Have a great weekend!

Eric
Old 02-04-22 | 06:48 AM
Nori
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kisel17
Hey Everyone,

Is there a better way to search for on lot inventory other than going to Lexus.com and searching by one dealer at a time based on my zip code? I can have my local dealer do it but he wants a deposit to put down towards a GX first. He said he could get what we want to close to it within a week.

I would prefer to factory order but was told that the order banks are not open right now. Does anyone know when they might reopen? I would be willing to wait for the GX as I have some time before I NEED the vehicle.

I know there has been speculation as to whether the 2023 model will be updated or will be a continuation of the current model. David Chao from Automotive Press alluded to Lexus moving up the GX and the 4Runner being pushed back. Not sure what to make of this but if 2022 is the end of the current run, I may need to act sooner.

Any thoughts? Have a great weekend!

Eric

Have you tried AutoTempest or Cars.com?

You can then verify stock directly with the dealer. However, almost everything you will find via a generic search has been sold already or is carrying a heavy markup.

Best bet is probably to get on a waiting list with a dealer.
Old 02-04-22 | 08:15 AM
Kisel17
Driver

Okay, I will speak with my local dealer again. We would have to agree on pricing first, they were at $5k over MSRP. I am not paying the ADM. If I can agree on price, I can go ahead and get on the list I guess. We spoke via phone the other day, he has 2 white (one with premium plus and one black line) and a green. That's it. Everything else is already spoke for the rest of February.

EDIT: I should add, my wife is not flexible on Atomic Silver/Sepia and that is really limiting what choices we have. I found two a state away, I may reach out and see if they are on the lot or already gone. Would prefer to buy local but will do what I have to do.

I wonder when the 2023 model comes out, maybe I should just wait and order exactly what we want.

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited by Kisel17; 02-04-22 at 08:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GX4602011 (02-05-22)
Old 02-04-22 | 10:13 AM
NiteDipper
Rookie

I wonder when the 2023 model comes out, maybe I should just wait and order exactly what we want.

Thanks,
Eric
The Lexus dealer will tell you what you want to hear when you talk about a factory order but I think it is just a way to figure out what vehicle in their allocation would be closest to what you want. It's unknown when the 23 will be available but wouldn't expect it before late summer at the earliest.
Old 02-04-22 | 06:35 PM
Nori
Driver School Candidate

Okay, I will speak with my local dealer again. We would have to agree on pricing first, they were at $5k over MSRP. I am not paying the ADM. If I can agree on price, I can go ahead and get on the list I guess. We spoke via phone the other day, he has 2 white (one with premium plus and one black line) and a green. That's it. Everything else is already spoke for the rest of February.

EDIT: I should add, my wife is not flexible on Atomic Silver/Sepia and that is really limiting what choices we have. I found two a state away, I may reach out and see if they are on the lot or already gone. Would prefer to buy local but will do what I have to do.

Thanks,
Eric

There are always reasons to delay the purchase. If you want a specific color combo and have a vehicle that works well now, just wait. It's a luxury purchase after all and not a necessity.

Sounds like your dealer has a few options, but your wife is set on a color combo. At least that makes your search easier given you know exactly what fits your parameters and can clearly communicate that to any dealer.

The following 2 users liked this post by Nori:
GX4602011 (02-05-22), Kisel17 (02-05-22)
Old 02-05-22 | 08:33 AM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Thanks,
Eric
If you settle for anything but the Atomic Silver/Sepia which you wife insist on you'll regret it and every time you see one on the road you'll be reminded.
With low/no inventories, searching online car ads leads to more 'Oh, that one is sold, but we can... If I was you I'd contact another dealer (who doesn't charge $5K over) and ask what is coming in, if no Atomic Silver/Sepia, ask if there is any inbound to their region and if so if they would do an allotment trade. If unsuccessful you could start calling other dealers around you to see what they have coming in, who know, there could be someone who backed out on an Atomic/Sepia order.

I have a feeling that the 2023 will be out sooner than in normal year changes. I also suspect that the only real change will be the TTV6/10 spd with the same body and interior. That and a new trailer hitch which us 22' and earlier owners can finally buy and install.
The following users liked this post:
Kisel17 (02-05-22)

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery