GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-22 | 03:27 AM
ukcats
Driver

I guess I’m lucky my 2022 came with the factory hitch, tow package. I see there is a shortage.
The following users liked this post:
Kisel17 (02-06-22)
Old 02-06-22 | 07:18 AM
Kisel17
Driver

Originally Posted by GX4602011
If you settle for anything but the Atomic Silver/Sepia which you wife insist on you'll regret it and every time you see one on the road you'll be reminded.
With low/no inventories, searching online car ads leads to more 'Oh, that one is sold, but we can... If I was you I'd contact another dealer (who doesn't charge $5K over) and ask what is coming in, if no Atomic Silver/Sepia, ask if there is any inbound to their region and if so if they would do an allotment trade. If unsuccessful you could start calling other dealers around you to see what they have coming in, who know, there could be someone who backed out on an Atomic/Sepia order.

I have a feeling that the 2023 will be out sooner than in normal year changes. I also suspect that the only real change will be the TTV6/10 spd with the same body and interior. That and a new trailer hitch which us 22' and earlier owners can finally buy and install.
Thanks for the thoughtful response. No flexibility on color, wife wants what she wants and if I am spending $60k I need to get it right. Only other exterior color that was a maybe is Caviar and there are less of those than any other color.

Local dealer has nothing coming in February that matches what we want. He offered to locate one within a 200 miles radius but wants a deposit and we'd have to agree on price. I found 2 or 3 relatively close by that have more equipment than I need, I might reach out to those dealers.

I was hoping to buy from local dealer so they take care of us when servicing. Might not be able to do that. We shall see.
Old 02-06-22 | 07:19 AM
Kisel17
Driver

Originally Posted by ukcats
I guess I’m lucky my 2022 came with the factory hitch, tow package. I see there is a shortage.
For sure you are. When did you get your 2022 model? No GX's with hitches to be found around here.
jkutti2000 (02-08-22)
Old 02-06-22 | 07:21 AM
Kisel17
Driver

Originally Posted by Nori
There are always reasons to delay the purchase. If you want a specific color combo and have a vehicle that works well now, just wait. It's a luxury purchase after all and not a necessity.

Sounds like your dealer has a few options, but your wife is set on a color combo. At least that makes your search easier given you know exactly what fits your parameters and can clearly communicate that to any dealer.
Yes, thanks. Completely agree. I am trying to be patient. I am concerned that this might be last model year of the aging platform so I would need to get one before the redesign. If I knew for sure that 2023 model is the same as 2022, I would not be so worried.

Thanks again, I love the green one that you got. Looks great.
Old 02-06-22 | 07:53 AM
ukcats
Driver

Originally Posted by Kisel17
For sure you are. When did you get your 2022 model? No GX's with hitches to be found around here.
We reserved it in August, and took delivery on October 20th.
Kisel17 (02-06-22)
Old 02-06-22 | 08:27 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

We reserved it in August, and took delivery on October 20th.
You made it just under the wire as the hitches stopped being available before 10/13 as that’s when mine went through the port and they didn’t install the hitch.
Old 02-06-22 | 09:39 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jlficken
You made it just under the wire as the hitches stopped being available before 10/13 as that’s when mine went through the port and they didn’t install the hitch.
I bought mine around the same time as ukcats and mine has a hitch, too. Although I don't tow anything nor had I any plans on doing any towing, I'm glad I have it because stuff just came up and I will need to tow a 12' trailer. I find it a very odd part to have a shortage on. I've been trying to following these hitch-related posts and threads just out of curiosity and I don't get why Lexus won't sell them.
Kisel17 (02-06-22)
Old 02-06-22 | 02:22 PM
NiteDipper
Rookie

The most plausible reason I can think of for the "stop sale" on the hitch is the material is being repurposed/prioritized due to raw material shortages. If steel is in short supply the available steel would be allocated to critical parts needed to build the vehicle. A hitch is low hanging fruit for this effort considering its weight. I think this is the likely cause after visiting the Yamaha dealer where there were no Yamahas only KTM's and Can Ams. I ask if they lost the yamaha franchise and they said no, yamaha just can't build the bikes and mentioned it was a raw material issue.
Seanzky (02-06-22)
Old 02-06-22 | 02:48 PM
MontyLab
8th Gear

Nalley Lexus of Roswell (Atlanta area) tried to hit me with a +5K mkt adjustment on Saturday on a 22' GX order. I thought Lexus didn't allow that. I walked of course...I am not interested in games like that.
The following 3 users liked this post by MontyLab:
DSMinATL (02-06-22), GX4602011 (02-06-22), Seanzky (02-06-22)
Old 02-06-22 | 03:16 PM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

The hitch is not factory installed, but installed at the port (US receiver hitch is not the same as most other markets, so the US ones are likely made in the US solely for North American markets). Additionally, there is no 'tow package', all GX's sold in the US are the same regarding towing ability and come equipped with the trailer wiring in place. Finally, there was/is no shortage, my local dealer had some in stock but couldn't sell them due to a 'stop sale' (which the reason is still a mystery to those of us waiting for a Toyota/Lexus hitch) and they then were instructed to send them back to Toyota/Lexus with the status now being 'temporarily unavailable'.

Here is the long running thread for the tow hitch: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...w-package.html
One for the 2022: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-receiver.html
Seanzky (02-06-22)
Old 02-06-22 | 06:18 PM
Thed351W
Rookie

Yes, you are. I settled for the Curt hitch for the time-being. Thankfully it was only $110.
Old 02-06-22 | 08:37 PM
DSMinATL
Driver

Originally Posted by MontyLab
Nalley Lexus of Roswell (Atlanta area) tried to hit me with a +5K mkt adjustment on Saturday on a 22' GX order. I thought Lexus didn't allow that. I walked of course...I am not interested in games like that.
I had heard rumors they were doing a $5k market adjustment. When I emailed them back in October they told me the adjustment was only on the Black Line models. Since then I’ve heard they are trying to add the adjustment to all models. Weird since Nalley in Smyrna isn’t doing this.
Old 02-07-22 | 06:00 AM
BillWill87
Driver

When was this? I made a deposit with them last Monday and they didn't do any mark ups. They are selling at MSRP on most dealers these days.
Old 02-07-22 | 06:13 AM
MontyLab
8th Gear

Originally Posted by BillWill87
When was this? I made a deposit with them last Monday and they didn't do any mark ups. They are selling at MSRP on most dealers these days.
It was this Sat (2/5) and we walked. In all fairness, they called us 2 hours later when we were home and said they would waive it. Lost interest at that point...It's was hard enough for me to actually consider paying retail. I was upfront with them when I walked in saying that I refuse to pay over msrp. I have a source to possibly get the Jeep Rubicon I want and will worry about a GX next year. I still really love the GX's but it's not worth playing games right now.

Nally Lexus of Roswell COULD have had a super easy 30minute 70k sale if they just didn't play games and inked it at msrp. ***and btw, the $500 deposit that they required was stamped 'Non-Refundable' *** I didn't have enough interest at that point to even ask about that. LIKE....um....what if they cannot get the vehicle? What if I find the vehicle somewhere else sooner? haha..whatever....no worries.

Last edited by MontyLab; 02-07-22 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-07-22 | 07:17 AM
situman
Pole Position

It was this Sat (2/5) and we walked. In all fairness, they called us 2 hours later when we were home and said they would waive it. Lost interest at that point...It's was hard enough for me to actually consider paying retail. I was upfront with them when I walked in saying that I refuse to pay over msrp. I have a source to possibly get the Jeep Rubicon I want and will worry about a GX next year. I still really love the GX's but it's not worth playing games right now.

Nally Lexus of Roswell COULD have had a super easy 30minute 70k sale if they just didn't play games and inked it at msrp. ***and btw, the $500 deposit that they required was stamped 'Non-Refundable' *** I didn't have enough interest at that point to even ask about that. LIKE....um....what if they cannot get the vehicle? What if I find the vehicle somewhere else sooner? haha..whatever....no worries.
Call your cc company. Super ez.
catdaddylo (02-07-22)

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery