GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-22 | 07:21 AM
MontyLab
8th Gear

I never gave them a deposit due to their games...
Old 02-07-22 | 12:36 PM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DSMinATL
I had heard rumors they were doing a $5k market adjustment. When I emailed them back in October they told me the adjustment was only on the Black Line models. Since then I’ve heard they are trying to add the adjustment to all models. Weird since Nalley in Smyrna isn’t doing this.
One of our two local DFW dealers, Park Place Lexus, adds a $2,276 "Preferred Package" onto almost every new vehicle they have on their site. I asked what this mysterious "preferred package" was and was told to come in and they will explain what's included there. I told them if they can't explain it over the phone I'm not making the trip over there. Every car has original sticker attached to the page that lists all options and accessories. The second dealer, Sewell Lexus, sells every new car strictly at MSRP as a matter of policy.
Old 02-07-22 | 01:00 PM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vlad6525
One of our two local DFW dealers, Park Place Lexus, adds a $2,276 "Preferred Package" onto almost every new vehicle they have on their site. I asked what this mysterious "preferred package" was and was told to come in and they will explain what's included there. I told them if they can't explain it over the phone I'm not making the trip over there. Every car has original sticker attached to the page that lists all options and accessories. The second dealer, Sewell Lexus, sells every new car strictly at MSRP as a matter of policy.
That's interesting that they do that now. I bought mine from Park Place. Was that Plano or Grapevine? I only paid for the $400 LLumar tint, which they required.
Old 02-07-22 | 02:37 PM
Kisel17
Driver

Originally Posted by MontyLab
Nalley Lexus of Roswell (Atlanta area) tried to hit me with a +5K mkt adjustment on Saturday on a 22' GX order. I thought Lexus didn't allow that. I walked of course...I am not interested in games like that.
You were able to place a factory order?
Old 02-07-22 | 05:00 PM
Nori
Driver School Candidate

"Come in so we can explain it to you..."

what a joke! would definitely not be buying the paint protection or other junk.
The following users liked this post:
Vlad6525 (02-09-22)
Old 02-07-22 | 07:37 PM
DSMinATL
Driver

Originally Posted by MontyLab
It was this Sat (2/5) and we walked. In all fairness, they called us 2 hours later when we were home and said they would waive it. Lost interest at that point...It's was hard enough for me to actually consider paying retail. I was upfront with them when I walked in saying that I refuse to pay over msrp. I have a source to possibly get the Jeep Rubicon I want and will worry about a GX next year. I still really love the GX's but it's not worth playing games right now.

Nally Lexus of Roswell COULD have had a super easy 30minute 70k sale if they just didn't play games and inked it at msrp. ***and btw, the $500 deposit that they required was stamped 'Non-Refundable' *** I didn't have enough interest at that point to even ask about that. LIKE....um....what if they cannot get the vehicle? What if I find the vehicle somewhere else sooner? haha..whatever....no worries.
My brother-in-law has decided to get a GX for his wife and started shopping around last week. He contacted Nalley in Roswell today and they sent him a similar quote. $5k market adjustment above MSRP in addition to other dealer add-ons. He has a deposit at the Smyrna dealership but they haven’t located a vehicle yet with the options we wants and that’s why he contacted Roswell. I just wonder if Smyrna will agree to remove the resist-all charge like they did for me.

Last edited by DSMinATL; 02-07-22 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-08-22 | 08:21 AM
BillWill87
Driver

Originally Posted by Nori
"Come in so we can explain it to you..."

what a joke! would definitely not be buying the paint protection or other junk.
Originally Posted by DSMinATL
My brother-in-law has decided to get a GX for his wife and started shopping around last week. He contacted Nalley in Roswell today and they sent him a similar quote. $5k market adjustment above MSRP in addition to other dealer add-ons. He has a deposit at the Smyrna dealership but they haven’t located a vehicle yet with the options we wants and that’s why he contacted Roswell. I just wonder if Smyrna will agree to remove the resist-all charge like they did for me.
Let's all help each other out here for the atlanta market =)

I did the deposit for both Roswell and Smyrna. They both agreed on MSRP. And also discounted down the resistall for $599 instead of $1199. They had some added accessories but I can live with that since I'm gonna get those anyway if they hadn't added on.

Please post when they contact you for an allocated vehicle so I can have an idea whether or not they are working hard to get mine in.

I told them my preferences were Exterior (caviar or black onyx); interior (ecru); Premium Plus Package or Sports Premium Plus package.
Old 02-08-22 | 10:26 AM
jkutti2000
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kisel17
For sure you are. When did you get your 2022 model? No GX's with hitches to be found around here.
i am on wiating list for a hitch.. but seems to be no update.. everything is backed up... anyone has any luck installing after market hitch...

lexus is 900 bucks for a hitch . is expensive
Old 02-08-22 | 10:28 AM
jkutti2000
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jlficken
I feel your pain and wound up walking away from the first 3 GX's I put deposits on due to crap like that.

It is my sincere hope that people remember what these types of dealerships are doing in the future and make them suffer when the market reverses and the buyers have the power again.
HA HA. I THOGUHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS BEEING FLEECED. lol... dealer said I dont have a choice.. i have to take the paint /windscreen addon for like 2700$.. i was pissed but then wanted it for wife birthday. so i bit the bullet and took it.. hate these guys.. same **** he gave me.. take it or leave it.... i even told him. i can finance it with your preferred financer. but since he didnt give ne a dime off. duck off. i paid cash and didtnt finance from him.
Old 02-08-22 | 10:45 AM
jkutti2000
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nori
"come in so we can explain it to you..."

what a joke! Would definitely not be buying the paint protection or other junk.
come in and we will twist your arm and make you sign the contract ha ha
Old 02-08-22 | 06:11 PM
Nori
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jkutti2000
i am on wiating list for a hitch.. but seems to be no update.. everything is backed up... anyone has any luck installing after market hitch...

lexus is 900 bucks for a hitch . is expensive

Yes, the curt hitch works well and the quality is good. Class III.

Purchase via Amazon for 130 bucks.

The following users liked this post:
catdaddylo (02-08-22)
Old 02-08-22 | 07:16 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nori
Yes, the curt hitch works well and the quality is good. Class III.

Purchase via Amazon for 130 bucks.
Easy install, about 20 minutes. Check out UTube video's GX Bob and Uhaul on installing the Curt hitch.
Old 02-08-22 | 08:37 PM
MSPGX460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NiteDipper
The most plausible reason I can think of for the "stop sale" on the hitch is the material is being repurposed/prioritized due to raw material shortages. If steel is in short supply the available steel would be allocated to critical parts needed to build the vehicle. A hitch is low hanging fruit for this effort considering its weight. I think this is the likely cause after visiting the Yamaha dealer where there were no Yamahas only KTM's and Can Ams. I ask if they lost the yamaha franchise and they said no, yamaha just can't build the bikes and mentioned it was a raw material issue.
FWIW, this is what I heard from the dealership when I asked what was up with the hitch. So, one guy's take on it. You have been warned.

There seems to be a fitment issue with the hitch at the rear crossmember center from what I can tell. Since there are weld nuts in the crossmember and alignment is an issue they can’t sell the hitches as there might be potential damage to the weld nuts causing crossmember replacement. This is preliminary but as far as I know the time frame for the hitch might not be until summer. I heard March but hard to call.
The following 2 users liked this post by MSPGX460:
Kisel17 (02-09-22), mello03 (02-09-22)
Old 02-09-22 | 12:59 PM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Seanzky
That's interesting that they do that now. I bought mine from Park Place. Was that Plano or Grapevine? I only paid for the $400 LLumar tint, which they required.
Plano...don't know if Grapevine has this crap too, didn't look on their site.
Old 02-09-22 | 01:08 PM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Plano...don't know if Grapevine has this crap too, didn't look on their site.
That's a damn shame. It really is.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery