GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-22, 07:48 PM
CaliGX22
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Suddenly I have 3 or so dealers offering MSRP. No additional requirement or games. Straight up MSRP. Been in the market for a while and there are still some dealers in CA charging $2-$5k markup in my experience. I made sure the vehicle has been sitting in the lot. Wonder if below MSRP is feasible Not sure if the market is shifting or anything.
The following 2 users liked this post by CaliGX22:
bostonsnow (02-11-22), Kisel17 (02-12-22)
Old 02-11-22, 08:01 PM
BillWill87
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliGX22
Suddenly I have 3 or so dealers offering MSRP. No additional requirement or games. Straight up MSRP. Been in the market for a while and there are still some dealers in CA charging $2-$5k markup in my experience. I made sure the vehicle has been sitting in the lot. Wonder if below MSRP is feasible Not sure if the market is shifting or anything.
Do you mind sharing which dealership was this ?
The following users liked this post:
bostonsnow (02-11-22)
Old 02-11-22, 08:39 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Longo Lexus in Covina state that they are plain MSRP, no additions.....
https://www.longolexus.com/guests_communication.html

this is where I go for service. I have not actually tried to go through with any purchase
With that said, It is a stripped down sales setup these days though. On site inventory is low. Not as many sales people as in the past. You cannot ask for a test drive out of interest on a new car. Test drives only for those showing commitment to a purchase.
I guess with that said, they are happy to go with straight MSRP and sell cars based on as much volume as they can manage.....
For a number of years in the past, they claim to be the highest volume seller in the west

Last edited by bostonsnow; 02-11-22 at 08:43 PM.
CaliGX22 (02-11-22)
Old 02-11-22, 08:53 PM
CaliGX22
10th Gear

Originally Posted by BillWill87
Do you mind sharing which dealership was this ?
Longo Lexus openly state this but they require deposit or at least when I inquired. Carlsbad is the other one but they’re not as open about it In my experience and it may vary on the availability.

Newport and Crown have $5k and $10k markup respectively.

Hope this helps you land your GX.
bostonsnow (02-11-22)
Old 02-11-22, 10:42 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Originally Posted by CaliGX22
Longo Lexus openly state this but they require deposit or at least when I inquired. Carlsbad is the other one but they’re not as open about it In my experience and it may vary on the availability.

Newport and Crown have $5k and $10k markup respectively.

Hope this helps you land your GX.
agree. personally I don't track GX, but Longo have limited on site inventory in general, but they will ask for deposit, yes, for something that is not on the lot. I'm not sure how the cancelation policy from this works though.....
many people are buying from Longo from telling the sales person what color and packages they want, or looking at incoming planned vehicles, or both, and putting down deposit.
as stated elsewhere in the forums, maybe this is the new future model?
CaliGX22 (02-12-22)
Old 02-11-22, 10:44 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

let us know if you succeed with below MSRP!
CaliGX22 (02-12-22)
Old 02-12-22, 11:17 AM
mikescool
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just placed an order for a new 2022 gx, white with executive package in Toronto Canada.

Got MRSP with my dealer, no discount but no additional dealer fee either.

Was told it will take 8 to 12 months to get the car...
The following 4 users liked this post by mikescool:
CaliGX22 (02-12-22), IanG (02-12-22), Kisel17 (02-12-22), llq (02-12-22)
Old 02-12-22, 11:28 AM
rongx
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've been watching this thread for a while and just joined.

We started looking for a GX in early January. Our state only has 1 Lexus dealership so I was looking at about a dozen other dealers that are within a day's drive. Nobody had any inventory in January; they all said they had a long waiting list, wanted a deposit, there would be a 6+ month wait, etc. The few that had unclaimed allocations had $5k-10k+ markups.

I tried my luck again yesterday and sent out another round of emails to the dealerships. I found a premium plus with captain's chairs and many of the other features that we were hoping for that is currently sitting at the port and ready for delivery within a couple weeks with no markup. The sales guy said they stopped doing markups recently since inventory flow is about 3x what it was a month ago. The other dealerships also seemed more responsive, it sounded like there were probably a few others in the same boat. The market definitely seems to have shifted
The following 3 users liked this post by rongx:
CaliGX22 (02-12-22), Kisel17 (02-12-22), mwike (02-12-22)
Old 02-12-22, 12:05 PM
CaliGX22
10th Gear

Originally Posted by rongx
I've been watching this thread for a while and just joined.

We started looking for a GX in early January. Our state only has 1 Lexus dealership so I was looking at about a dozen other dealers that are within a day's drive. Nobody had any inventory in January; they all said they had a long waiting list, wanted a deposit, there would be a 6+ month wait, etc. The few that had unclaimed allocations had $5k-10k+ markups.

I tried my luck again yesterday and sent out another round of emails to the dealerships. I found a premium plus with captain's chairs and many of the other features that we were hoping for that is currently sitting at the port and ready for delivery within a couple weeks with no markup. The sales guy said they stopped doing markups recently since inventory flow is about 3x what it was a month ago. The other dealerships also seemed more responsive, it sounded like there were probably a few others in the same boat. The market definitely seems to have shifted
That’s great news. Especially for those who can wait a little bit. Waiting for below MSRP Is a gamble for sure but might be worth it to some.
Old 02-12-22, 01:09 PM
Kisel17
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Are we able to place factory orders again? If so, I'd be willing to do so and wait for the vehicle. I will check with my local dealer again. Last I checked, the answer was no. I am glad to see some dealers budging off the ADM.
Old 02-12-22, 06:10 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Originally Posted by mikescool
Just placed an order for a new 2022 gx, white with executive package in Toronto Canada.

Got MRSP with my dealer, no discount but no additional dealer fee either.

Was told it will take 8 to 12 months to get the car...
8-12 months, wow! long time, but the price sounds fair.
So if it is that long, will it still be the 2022 model you will get, or will it actually be a 2023 model?
where are the GX's made these days? wondering why they quoted so long?
Old 02-12-22, 08:57 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

For a vehicle thats like 12yrs old, slow and inefficient, the demand is insane. Who knew an updated infotainment system would have such a big effect. Now imagine if they simply updated the engine!

Last edited by situman; 02-12-22 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-13-22, 03:11 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
8-12 months, wow! long time, but the price sounds fair.
So if it is that long, will it still be the 2022 model you will get, or will it actually be a 2023 model?
where are the GX's made these days? wondering why they quoted so long?
8-9 months would make it a 2022 MY more than likely. Beyond that and it’s almost a certainty it’ll be a 2023 MY.
Old 02-13-22, 06:36 AM
Lizzie79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased one and all I can tell you is if you want all the bells and whistles hopefully you’re ordering the luxury line. Which is so goofy to me because I thought Lexus itself meant luxury. Simple stuff you think would come with like panoramic camera and automatic folding mirrors do not come standard. As far as the wheels I saw 19” not sure about 20”. Not impressed with Lexus I am a first time owner and don’t know if I would ever buy again! My Explorer was beautiful and had more features for $63000! Now I paid &70k for less features and less space and storage
Old 02-13-22, 06:39 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Lizzie79
I just purchased one and all I can tell you is if you want all the bells and whistles hopefully you’re ordering the luxury line. Which is so goofy to me because I thought Lexus itself meant luxury. Simple stuff you think would come with like panoramic camera and automatic folding mirrors do not come standard. As far as the wheels I saw 19” not sure about 20”. Not impressed with Lexus I am a first time owner and don’t know if I would ever buy again! My Explorer was beautiful and had more features for $63000! Now I paid &70k for less features and less space and storage
Did you not do any research whatsoever before buying the GX so you’d know what you were getting?
Kisel17 (02-13-22)

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery