2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-22, 12:52 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,671 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4602011
The perfect GX/Prado out of warranty for me would be powered by the 4.0 V6 & 5 speed auto (yes, 4Runner, I know ).
GX 400 with the (4.0L 1GR-FE V6) was sold in China from 2012-2017
The following users liked this post:
GX4602011 (02-15-22)
Old 02-14-22, 02:29 PM
Kisel17
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Ok good for you. For every customer like u that Lexus lost, they may gain 3 to 5 new customers that otherwise would have gone to other brands.

Updating dont necessarily mean turbos. Adding direct injection would suffice.
I don't even want direct injection...

It seems the next generation GX will be getting the the 3.5TT V6 in the SR Trim version of the Tundra (348HP/405lb-ft Torque) based on the info circulating around from Automotive Press and Luxurious Fleet. I'm sure the Prado will still have diesel options that we don't get here. The 4Runner will likely get the 2.4 Turbo found in the new NX350. Again, this is all based on what I have seen on You Tube, etc. Granted, it is all speculation.

Will this cause the company to gain customers? That would not be the determining factor for most. I'd say that the updated technology and styling is what brings people in. The new models being rolled out by Toyota & Lexus are very appealing from both standpoints to me. The lone drawback being the unproven powertrain. I am sure they've tested it to hell and back but that is meaningless until real world drivers like you and I abuse them. Like Scotty Kilmer says, its all about "planned obsolescence." Why make them last forever when you can throw 'em away and get another.

Personally, I would LEASE any of these new products - and I still might but I sure as hell will not BUY them. I would buy a 5.7L Tundra or a 4.6 GX in a heartbeat though. But hey, that's just me.
NiteDipper (02-16-22)
Old 02-14-22, 02:48 PM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4602011
As a former 2011 owner (CPO- Base trim), the change I noticed the most (and dislike) from our prior 2011 is the change to all black carpet/lower plastics/seat belts regardless of seating color (from 2020 or 2019) rather than the contrasting brown for Ecru & Sepia. I'm not sure if leather was standard back then, ours had the semi-aniline Ecru as part of the Comfort Plus package. Though I prefer the Sepia NuLuxe vinyl on our 22' for durability, low maintenance and easy cleaning, the smell of leather and the glossy grainy wood trim of our 2011 gave it a more luxury feel.

Our 22' Prem with a few options did have a lower MSRP (58,5350) however versus the better equipped 2011 Base.

2011 window sticker:
Adaptive Front Lighting System disappeared too...triple-beam LEDs on the 20-22 GX are awesome, but Lexus also has them on RX as an option and it is available either with or without adaptive lights. AFS was also available on a 1st Gen NX when equipped with triple-beams... My wife had a 2008 RX350 that had AFS lights and they were awesome when driving on twisty county roads during dark TX nights.
Old 02-14-22, 04:48 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Current Pricing in AZ

It's time for another GX. It'll be my 6th GX. Unfortunately, my long time (since1984) connection for Lexus is no longer available and I'm forced to deal with the dealers.
I'm not at all happy about paying MSRP. I'll want to do a special order so I can get exactly what I want.

Are there any dealers in AZ that won't play games? The only reason to buy in AZ because I'll only get taxed on the difference between my trade and a new GX.

Thanks in advance..

Steve

Old 02-15-22, 04:05 AM
tntcandy
Intermediate

Received 265 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by GrdnRxR
It's time for another GX. It'll be my 6th GX. Unfortunately, my long time (since1984) connection for Lexus is no longer available and I'm forced to deal with the dealers.
I'm not at all happy about paying MSRP. I'll want to do a special order so I can get exactly what I want.

Are there any dealers in AZ that won't play games? The only reason to buy in AZ because I'll only get taxed on the difference between my trade and a new GX.

Thanks in advance..

Steve
Not sure about AZ if dealer and mark up, but I think you will have hard time to find 22 or an order below MSRP, they can sell at MSRP without any issues.

I'm like you, I don't like to pay MSRP and will definitely not pay a premium for a car as a car is not an investment but only a cost.

Old 02-15-22, 06:54 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Received 207 Likes on 115 Posts

Hey GrdnRxR, check this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-delivery.html

I'm sure I've seen AZ folks post there.
GrdnRxR (02-15-22)
Old 02-17-22, 04:26 AM
Aays06
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So can someone clarify this for me. Looking at a 2022 GX 460.

options are

premium plus with sport and captains chairs $63k msrp

luxury with sport and mark lev as well 70k msrp.

we are talking 7k difference, the only differences between the two are leather seats and adaptive suspension? Is it really 7k for that? Should one save the money?
Old 02-17-22, 05:05 AM
SKGX
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GrdnRxR

Thanks in advance..

Steve
With the state of the auto industry currently, best bet would be to run the numbers to sell your current car outright and then compare your savings, or not... You're likely to get a few thousand more selling to a wholesaler than trading the car to the dealer.
Old 02-17-22, 06:00 AM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 47 Posts

Aays06,

The only reason I purchased a Luxury model was to get the off-road package (which includes the panoramic view monitor with multi-terrain monitor). Otherwise, I would have purchased a premium plus.

Also, I have not noticed a big (or much of a) difference in the ride of the Luxury between Normal, Sport, Comfort. There are posts on this forum about the added complexity and future replacement repair/replacement costs for the adaptive suspension.

If the “Luxury only” options are not something you must have (i.e., off-road package, panoramic view monitor with multi-terrain monitor, added towing benefits of the auto-leveling rear air suspension, or the power rear 3rd row seats), then I say go with the Premium Plus.

Personally, I wish Lexus had provided for the off-road option on the Premium Plus.

I don’t think it is worth the 7k difference.

The following 2 users liked this post by SEELEXUS:
catdaddylo (02-17-22), Kisel17 (02-18-22)
Old 02-18-22, 07:18 PM
psun786
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by tntcandy
Not sure about AZ if dealer and mark up, but I think you will have hard time to find 22 or an order below MSRP, they can sell at MSRP without any issues.

I'm like you, I don't like to pay MSRP and will definitely not pay a premium for a car as a car is not an investment but only a cost.
My GX lease expire in March so I called my dealer about the new LX F Sport and GX. They have only one GX in stock and want 10k markup.

Last edited by psun786; 02-18-22 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-19-22, 04:34 AM
Kisel17
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SEELEXUS
Aays06,

The only reason I purchased a Luxury model was to get the off-road package (which includes the panoramic view monitor with multi-terrain monitor). Otherwise, I would have purchased a premium plus.

Also, I have not noticed a big (or much of a) difference in the ride of the Luxury between Normal, Sport, Comfort. There are posts on this forum about the added complexity and future replacement repair/replacement costs for the adaptive suspension.

If the “Luxury only” options are not something you must have (i.e., off-road package, panoramic view monitor with multi-terrain monitor, added towing benefits of the auto-leveling rear air suspension, or the power rear 3rd row seats), then I say go with the Premium Plus.

Personally, I wish Lexus had provided for the off-road option on the Premium Plus.

I don’t think it is worth the 7k difference.
Completely agree, the off road package should be made available on the lower trims. I'd snap it up in a minute but I am not buying a Luxury model to get it. The increased price does not get you enough value. So, we make a sacrifice and live without it I suppose.
Old 02-19-22, 11:43 AM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Got confirmation today that my GX is on my dealers allotment so, I should have it mid to end March. Order placed mid Dec, will pay $2000 below sticker no dealer add ons. Was worried slow down would catch me but seems to be on par with what was expected. Excited that i changed off of my first selection that had compromises and just got exactly what I wanted (minus hitch &#128545 haha.

GX Lux
Starfire Pearl
Rioja Red
Sport Captains Pack
Off Road Pack
Old 02-19-22, 11:51 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

I have a rattle coming from the plastic above the hatch on my GX. My brother tracked it down for me as he’s a mechanic so I’ll have to have them look at it at the first service or before then if I happen to go that way.

He said it’ll probably go away when it gets warmer.

Other than no hitch that’s my only complaint this far.
The following 2 users liked this post by jlficken:
kamikazi (02-19-22), Kisel17 (02-19-22)
Old 02-19-22, 05:23 PM
BillWill87
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kamikazi
Got confirmation today that my GX is on my dealers allotment so, I should have it mid to end March. Order placed mid Dec, will pay $2000 below sticker no dealer add ons. Was worried slow down would catch me but seems to be on par with what was expected. Excited that i changed off of my first selection that had compromises and just got exactly what I wanted (minus hitch &#128545 haha.

GX Lux
Starfire Pearl
Rioja Red
Sport Captains Pack
Off Road Pack
Nice!
I'm still waiting on a news for my Caviar (Sports Cap's Chair) with Ecru Interior.

Question that I have for you is, did you call your sales rep every week to get an update? or how did you get the updates on them?
Old 02-19-22, 05:47 PM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BillWill87
Nice!
I'm still waiting on a news for my Caviar (Sports Cap's Chair) with Ecru Interior.

Question that I have for you is, did you call your sales rep every week to get an update? or how did you get the updates on them?

I have a close relationship with my rep (5 cars in last year) so he would text me once in awhile to let me know nothing changed. Till it did and he updated. I did reach out about 1 or 2 times a month at least to find out if it had been on the allocation for the month.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery