GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-22, 10:02 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by rdfish1
probably a good plan. While inflationary pressures and supply side constraints will continue, demand will decline for vehicles like this and other gas guzzlers, especially among those who don’t need the advantages of the 4wd system and towing capacity of this type of vehicle. I don’t expect the bottom to fall out, and I suspect the gx will get hit less than other large SUV’s, the reality is, people will dump unnecessary gas guzzlers and take a 10k hit just to save $500 a year at the pump. Takes a lot of fuel savings to make up for the 10k loss but people will do it. I considered the gx and still like it but have decided if I am going to own a gas guzzler, which I have for 25 years, I’d rather have a full size and not a mid size suv. I’m going to wait and watch over the next 30 days as dealers, who will be offering meaningfully discounted trade in credit in the large SUV’s , and pick up a 2-3 year old vehicle. Discounts on new gx or others will still be hard to come by but not impossible. However, the pre owned market will be a better value play in my mind.
I can't disagree with you but I research automobiles and decide what I want/need and usually buy new and keep this vehicle for at least 10 years or more or until I can't find parts for repair. Being retired, I don't drive much so gas mileage is not as much as a concern as for those that work and commute long distances every day. Infostructure is not in place to accommodate EV's at this time so for the majority of drivers who drive vehicles that use fossil fuel is still king. The GX being rated as one of the most reliable SUV's made today was one of the main reasons I decided to buy new. If you trade vehicles every two or three years I definitely would be looking at the used market although the prices of used vehicles is at an all time high with the current market situation. Sadly MSRP or higher is the current norm for new automobiles but hopefully that trend will go down as well as the price for gasoline.
The following 2 users liked this post by catdaddylo:
rdfish1 (03-11-22), SEELEXUS (03-13-22)
Old 03-12-22, 11:03 PM
rlx02
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Aays06
Are people still gonna pay msrp and over for these with gas prices the way they are?

I have a deposit on one but with gas prices soaring it’s making me think twice. I’m getting at msrp but still over $5 a gallon is tough.
I’ve had a deposit for 2 weeks and mine comes in a couple days. Anyone see them in stock now? It feels like the dealer wants me to buy the one I have a deposit on instead of waiting since maybe they’re having people pull out on their deposits?
Old 03-13-22, 01:28 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rlx02
I’ve had a deposit for 2 weeks and mine comes in a couple days. Anyone see them in stock now? It feels like the dealer wants me to buy the one I have a deposit on instead of waiting since maybe they’re having people pull out on their deposits?
Prices on new are unlikely to change much, demand will fall off a bit but inventory shortages will persist. My guess is, rather than some merc plus prices, it will revert to Msrp or maybe some insignificant discounting. I think used prices will soften much more, not grossly so, but they already started softening a little snd I think that will continue. I think some of the larger suv, non Lexus, will see larger declines but time will tell.
Old 03-15-22, 05:33 AM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine unexpectedly showed up at dealer yesterday and I picked up. First drive was awesome! Now trying to talk myself out of the RC-F I saw while there, always wanted one lol.

The following 6 users liked this post by kamikazi:
BillWill87 (03-15-22), CaliGX22 (05-11-22), DaveGS4 (03-16-22), DSMinATL (03-16-22), Islero (03-18-22), Kisel17 (03-15-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-15-22, 08:55 AM
rlx02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rdfish1
Prices on new are unlikely to change much, demand will fall off a bit but inventory shortages will persist. My guess is, rather than some merc plus prices, it will revert to Msrp or maybe some insignificant discounting. I think used prices will soften much more, not grossly so, but they already started softening a little snd I think that will continue. I think some of the larger suv, non Lexus, will see larger declines but time will tell.
talking to a friend who works for bmw it looks like most car dealers will be raising their MSRPs due to shortages and inflation. I’m going to go ahead and continue the purchase of my GX when it comes in this week. Thanks all!
The following 2 users liked this post by rlx02:
catdaddylo (03-15-22), Kisel17 (03-15-22)
Old 03-16-22, 02:36 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rlx02
talking to a friend who works for bmw it looks like most car dealers will be raising their MSRPs due to shortages and inflation. I’m going to go ahead and continue the purchase of my GX when it comes in this week. Thanks all!

well, you raise a good point regarding inflation. It is bad and will get worse. I suspect the fed will tiptoe in their efforts to combat inflation given the increasing risk of a recession, so I expect the current high rate of inflation is going to get worse in the coming months. I don’t think dealers will raise the prices due to inflation but the manufactures will probably have no choice. Let us know when you pick it up.
Old 03-20-22, 08:23 PM
LexusDonna
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kamikazi
Got confirmation today that my GX is on my dealers allotment so, I should have it mid to end March. Order placed mid Dec, will pay $2000 below sticker no dealer add ons. Was worried slow down would catch me but seems to be on par with what was expected. Excited that i changed off of my first selection that had compromises and just got exactly what I wanted (minus hitch &#128545 haha.

GX Lux
Starfire Pearl
Rioja Red
Sport Captains Pack
Off Road Pack
How were you able to get $2,000 BELOW msrp? Is this doable/common? Is there any way to get below MSRP if you are putting down a deposit to be on a waitlist?
Old 03-20-22, 08:30 PM
rlx02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusDonna
How were you able to get $2,000 BELOW msrp? Is this doable/common? Is there any way to get below MSRP if you are putting down a deposit to be on a waitlist?
I’d like to see the final sale sheet for that. Maybe they live in a more rural place where sales are slow? Every single GX in my area is sold out and require deposits ( I live in the greater Seattle area).

I just picked up mine the other day, loving it!

The following 2 users liked this post by rlx02:
BillWill87 (03-21-22), Philly01 (03-21-22)
Old 03-20-22, 08:32 PM
kamikazi
Driver School Candidate

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I don’t think it’s common. I purchase 6 vehicles in the last 2 years so I leaned on them for that… well worth a little discount for them to earn other deals. Others purchasing are MSRP. Please don’t pay over, it is not necessary.
The following 2 users liked this post by kamikazi:
LexusDonna (03-20-22), rlx02 (03-20-22)
Old 03-20-22, 08:34 PM
rlx02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kamikazi
I don’t think it’s common. I purchase 6 vehicles in the last 2 years so I leaned on them for that… well worth a little discount for them to earn other deals. Others purchasing are MSRP. Please don’t pay over, it is not necessary.
Well that definitely helps if you have that rapport with the dealers…
Old 03-20-22, 09:06 PM
LexusDonna
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kisel17
Not at all.. although the operating costs with premium fuel are expensive. The cost of the vehicle as compared to the competition is lower so overall costs are likely close to the same. If gas prices go to $6 or $7 per gallon and oil to $150 a barrel, it might actually be to my benefit to wait. I can't see these being sold with ADM or at MSRP prices at that point.

The timing just wasn't right for me. I don't NEED a car, it is more of a WANT. I need to wait until the fall I think.
Has anybody tried putting regular fuel in the GX? what happens? Will it ruin the car?
Old 03-20-22, 09:09 PM
LexusDonna
Driver School Candidate

Agree. Here in the Chicago area, we have a few dealers adding on packages (paint, etc.) to make some extra money on the deal, but from what I've seen, no standard upcharge of $3K or $5K. They are selling at MSRP. I don't understand paying over MSRP unless it's some sort of emergency purchase, or you have extra cash lying around.
Old 03-21-22, 11:48 AM
montclaire
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2007 GX that has used Regular gas since I bought it from the dealer brand new. No issues at all. BEST CAR EVER
Old 03-21-22, 11:52 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by montclaire
I have a 2007 GX that has used Regular gas since I bought it from the dealer brand new. No issues at all. BEST CAR EVER
I believe that the engine will detune itself to work with Regular Unleaded but someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I won't be doing it while the vehicle is under warranty and probably never will as our non-Premium has Ethanol in it which is trash.
Old 03-21-22, 12:31 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Has anybody tried putting regular fuel in the GX? what happens? Will it ruin the car?
Highly unlikely since hte computers will adjust. You simply lose some power and actually get lower fuel economy, at least that was the case when I had a 2012 ES350.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery