GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-22 | 06:46 AM
tiadesiree
Rookie

Originally Posted by mhtkuhe
First post.
Just took delivery on a 2022 Atomic Silver Premium, Sepia interior. First GX, replacing an Outback. Paid MSRP and got a great deal on my trade in. Very excited to have the new ride for our family!
That atomic silver is nice. That was my second color choice. I went with the Starfire with ecru interior. The Lexus dealership here wrote up a buyers order signed by the owner for MSRP upon delivery. It’s fantastic that most Lexus dealerships are selling at MSRP. I’m hearing that so many other brands dealerships are adding thousands of dollars of mandatory add in’s and/or market adjustments. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 05-24-22 | 07:13 AM
GK2023
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tiadesiree
That atomic silver is nice. That was my second color choice. I went with the Starfire with ecru interior. The Lexus dealership here wrote up a buyers order signed by the owner for MSRP upon delivery. It’s fantastic that most Lexus dealerships are selling at MSRP. I’m hearing that so many other brands dealerships are adding thousands of dollars of mandatory add in’s and/or market adjustments. Enjoy your new ride!
I went with the Starfire also, with black interior. Dealership here sent me the buyers order for MSRP too, which is great, also got a good deal on my 4Runner I'm trading in, offered me 7k less than I paid for it 8 years ago.
The following users liked this post:
tiadesiree (05-28-22)
Old 05-24-22 | 07:52 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

@jlficken so adding a vehicle that we don't technically own yet, to our Lexus app won't mess anything up? I don't want to add this vehicle before the dealership gets it and it interfere with them giving me access to the features when I pick it up. I have the VIN and it looks to have cleared port now, but am curious where exactly it is now. Thanks!
Old 05-24-22 | 08:09 AM
Mazderati
Driver

For those of you who recently purchased/had allocated and are happy with the experience, which dealership did you buy through?
Old 05-24-22 | 11:31 AM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

Jtrue28,

No, it won't mess anything up - it will however, start your "subscriptions" to the services based upon the date you add it. I added my GX to the app in January and received my GX from the dealership in Feb. So, I lost almost 2 months worth of the subscriptions. I was able to track the location of my GX from Jan until Feb - somewhat. Meaning, I could see that it was in the Port of Los Angeles, I could see when it was moved to the train loading area there, I could see when it arrived in the Dallas area. I could not watch it traverse, on the train, across the US until it arrived in Dallas. I received notifications from the Lexus app when the doors were unlocked, etc.

When it arrives at the dealership and you buy it, as part of the intro/walk-thru they will ask you to download the Lexus app and add your GX to the app. I just told them I had already done that and they said "good" and that was it.

**Inform Remote, Destination Assist, Safety Connect, Dynamic Navigation, WiFi, XM Radio

Last edited by SEELEXUS; 05-25-22 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Corrected date of pickup, duration of wait time/subscription loss
Old 05-24-22 | 12:09 PM
Kisel17
Driver

Originally Posted by mhtkuhe
First post.
Just took delivery on a 2022 Atomic Silver Premium, Sepia interior. First GX, replacing an Outback. Paid MSRP and got a great deal on my trade in. Very excited to have the new ride for our family!
Congrats, the exact color combo my wife wants. Best of luck with it.
Old 05-24-22 | 12:17 PM
mhtkuhe
2nd gear

Originally Posted by SEELEXUS
Jtrue28,

No, it won't mess anything up - it will however, start your "subscriptions" to the services based upon the date you add it. I added my GX to the app in January and received my GX from the dealership in March. So, I lost 2 months worth of the subscriptions. I was able to track the location of my GX from Jan until Mar - somewhat. Meaning, I could see that it was in the Port of Los Angeles, I could see when it was moved to the train loading area there, I could see when it arrived in the Dallas area. I could not watch it traverse, on the train, across the US until it arrived in Dallas. I received notifications from the Lexus app when the doors were unlocked, etc.

When it arrives at the dealership and you buy it, as part of the intro/walk-thru they will ask you to download the Lexus app and add your GX to the app. I just told them I had already done that and they said "good" and that was it.

**Inform Remote, Destination Assist, Safety Connect, Dynamic Navigation, WiFi, XM Radio
I had an issue with mine as the remote start on the key and in the app would not work. I had to get on the phone with a Lexus tech and they were able to reset it.
Old 05-24-22 | 12:54 PM
tiadesiree
Rookie

Jtrue28,

No, it won't mess anything up - it will however, start your "subscriptions" to the services based upon the date you add it. I added my GX to the app in January and received my GX from the dealership in March. So, I lost 2 months worth of the subscriptions. I was able to track the location of my GX from Jan until Mar - somewhat. Meaning, I could see that it was in the Port of Los Angeles, I could see when it was moved to the train loading area there, I could see when it arrived in the Dallas area. I could not watch it traverse, on the train, across the US until it arrived in Dallas. I received notifications from the Lexus app when the doors were unlocked, etc.

Do you recall about how long it was between when it was moved from the train loading area to when it arrived in Dallas? Mine moved on May 13th and I haven't received any notifications since.
Old 05-24-22 | 03:39 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Thanks! Although what keeps anyone from activating these services? Most dealers have the VIN on their website, so that’s easy to find. When I call that number to get it activated, what are they going to ask me? Just seems like anyone could do this to any vehicle, even if they have no plans to purchase.
Old 05-24-22 | 03:47 PM
tiadesiree
Rookie

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Thanks! Although what keeps anyone from activating these services? Most dealers have the VIN on their website, so that’s easy to find. When I call that number to get it activated, what are they going to ask me? Just seems like anyone could do this to any vehicle, even if they have no plans to purchase.
They asked me for my first/last name, e-mail address and maybe my phone number. I was a little nervous calling but it was so easy.
Old 05-25-22 | 06:43 AM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

Tiadesiree, I think it was a bit over a week. The app “notified” when it was moved in the Port of LA and then nothing for a while — then “notified” of door open (or something like that) when it was in Dallas. There were a couple more door open and location notifications as it was then moved to and loaded on a truck - followed by nothing for a couple of days and another couple of notifications when it arrived at the dealership. When the GX arrived in Dallas, my sales person sent me an email saying the vehicle would arrive an a week or so.

It was in the port of LA for about a month, I believe.

It was worth the wait.
Old 05-25-22 | 07:52 AM
tiadesiree
Rookie

Tiadesiree, I think it was a bit over a week. The app “notified” when it was moved in the Port of LA and then nothing for a while — then “notified” of door open (or something like that) when it was in Dallas. There were a couple more door open and location notifications as it was then moved to and loaded on a truck - followed by nothing for a couple of days and another couple of notifications when it arrived at the dealership. When the GX arrived in Dallas, my sales person sent me an email saying the vehicle would arrive an a week or so.

It was in the port of LA for about a month, I believe.

It was worth the wait.
Thank you for the detailed timeline.I received a notification when it moved at the port in Long Beach on May 13th and nothing since then. I'm hoping it's on the train to Fort Worth right now, but who knows. My salesman estimated 3-4 weeks before it arrived at the dealership and it will be 7 weeks this coming Monday. I'm just anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
Old 05-25-22 | 09:44 AM
GK2023
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the detailed timeline.I received a notification when it moved at the port in Long Beach on May 13th and nothing since then. I'm hoping it's on the train to Fort Worth right now, but who knows. My salesman estimated 3-4 weeks before it arrived at the dealership and it will be 7 weeks this coming Monday. I'm just anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
Was the 3-4 weeks from time of deposit? I put my deposit down 4/22 and salesman estimated end of May but based on current feedback I don't see that happening.

I told my wife if it gets into July I'll just cancel and put my name on the waitlist for a '23 model since I can afford to be patient (so I tell myself)
Old 05-25-22 | 10:08 AM
tiadesiree
Rookie

Originally Posted by GK2023
Was the 3-4 weeks from time of deposit? I put my deposit down 4/22 and salesman estimated end of May but based on current feedback I don't see that happening.

I told my wife if it gets into July I'll just cancel and put my name on the waitlist for a '23 model since I can afford to be patient (so I tell myself)
Yes, estimated timeline 3-4 weeks from deposit which I put down on April 11th. I've been watching the dealers website and there are 6 GX's listed before mine. What I've noticed is that when they deliver one to the customer, it's removed from their website. So, if everything goes as it has been since I've been watching the website, they have 6 waiting to come in before mine arrives.
Old 05-25-22 | 10:41 AM
Tringalef
3rd Gear

Yes, estimated timeline 3-4 weeks from deposit which I put down on April 11th. I've been watching the dealers website and there are 6 GX's listed before mine. What I've noticed is that when they deliver one to the customer, it's removed from their website. So, if everything goes as it has been since I've been watching the website, they have 6 waiting to come in before mine arrives.
I put the deposit down on my 2022 GX460 May 1. It arrived in Long Beach on May 11. It has been sitting there for 2 weeks. Very frustrating. When I bought my 2021 Tacoma it was built in Mexico and shipped to Walnut Creek dealer in 5 days.
The following users liked this post:
IStoGX (05-25-22)

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery