GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-21, 08:31 AM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Andeee
I’ve been shopping around in Los Angeles for a blackline and most places are saying sticker but one dealership marked theirs up $1500.
Did you try South County in Mission Viejo and Longo in El Monte?
Old 09-28-21, 01:55 PM
Nodnarbmai
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nearl
We searched high and low for a caviar exterior. Many dealerships claimed they were not being made or available, but we finally found one allocated to a dealer in the next state over. We immediately put a deposit down and it should be arriving in the next week or so. Caviar exterior, black interior.
The dealership can't locate a Caviar / Black so remaining option is "special order" with a $1K deposit. 6 months delivery. I think I will spec out with premium plus and captains chairs and F-Sport wheels.

Anyone with experience special ordering? Was it a good experience?
Old 09-28-21, 05:14 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Nodnarbmai
The dealership can't locate a Caviar / Black so remaining option is "special order" with a $1K deposit. 6 months delivery. I think I will spec out with premium plus and captains chairs and F-Sport wheels.

I'm on try #5 to get a vehicle over the last 3 months. The first one was an attempt at ordering a 4Runner only to find out that Toyota/Lexus don't actually do customer orders. You can "order" it, however, the dealer has to have an allocation and Toyota has to accept the build. Toyota just kind of builds what they want and then a dealer tries to locate what you ordered and get it from another dealer.
The following users liked this post:
Nodnarbmai (09-29-21)
Old 09-28-21, 06:20 PM
nearl
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
I'm on try #5 to get a vehicle over the last 3 months. The first one was an attempt at ordering a 4Runner only to find out that Toyota/Lexus don't actually do customer orders. You can "order" it, however, the dealer has to have an allocation and Toyota has to accept the build. Toyota just kind of builds what they want and then a dealer tries to locate what you ordered and get it from another dealer.
The allocation process makes it very tough to get exactly what you want unless Toyota/Lexus are making a grip of that exact build already. On top of that, it seems many dealerships are more resistant to trades with how tight production is. We had multiple trade requests initiated by our local Lexus turned down.

It's not a great answer/solution, but my advice would be to continue contacting multiple dealers inquiring about their allocations regularly.
Nodnarbmai (09-29-21)
Old 09-28-21, 06:22 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

I had my name on a '22 Black trim Special Edition. Some came in and we went to look at it today. We didn't like the looks of the "black" plastic chrome, especially after rain.
We decided to order our '22 instead.
They are saying 6mo on delivery, which will be perfect since we want to head south for the winter.
We put a deposit on an Atomic Silver with Rojas Red interior Premium Plus with Tow Hitch.
The dealer wanted to stick on $499 for nitrogen and tire coverage. I told them it was a deal-breaker.
Other than that there was no negotiating.
Old 09-28-21, 10:25 PM
Andeee
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Siblue
Did you try South County in Mission Viejo and Longo in El Monte?

i didn’t try mission viejo. I’ll probably be getting mine from Longo. I had another Orange County say 5k-10k markup when they get theres. Newport gave me a good price. I would’ve gone with Newport if I hadn’t already agreed with Longo
Siblue (09-29-21)
Old 09-29-21, 01:19 PM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No mistake here, 20k deposit. Lease for 36 moths. Lux version.
Old 09-29-21, 01:21 PM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
20k deposit? Did u mean 2k? 20k is essentially 99% of the lease already.
No mistake here. 20K deposit for Lux version. 36 months 750 a month.
Old 09-29-21, 01:37 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by deusex
No mistake here. 20K deposit for Lux version. 36 months 750 a month.
With $20K down on a 3yr lease they can keep the car.
I never put money down on a lease, all your doing is buying down the monthly on a depreciating asset
Old 09-29-21, 04:04 PM
nearl
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EJC
With $20K down on a 3yr lease they can keep the car.
I never put money down on a lease, all your doing is buying down the monthly on a depreciating asset

He may be referring to $20k down in multiple security deposits to lower the interest rate/money factor.
Old 09-29-21, 06:56 PM
tjspark1
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nearl
He may be referring to $20k down in multiple security deposits to lower the interest rate/money factor.
Never heard of more than 9 MSD which would be 6750.

Certainly we are missing something. With 20k down and the way used cars have been holding I would finance with that down. I use to lease and then started buying and the freedom to change cars whenever is both freeing and dangerous.
Old 09-30-21, 07:13 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

At $750 a month, its literally a finance at this point. 2 more yrs after the lease and the car is literally yours.
Old 09-30-21, 01:01 PM
IanG
Intermediate

Received 380 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Nodnarbmai
We special ordered our 2021GX Executive, we wanted Starfire Pearl with Sepia interior and none available or expected in Canada.
We ordered in February and it arrived in August (6 months).
The only frustration was Lexus does not provide frequent updates to the dealerships, we ordered February 16, June 1 the order was confirmed, August 10 it had arrived in Canada, August 13 we picked it up. Our salesman was good, contacted us weekly to let us know if there were any updates ... most of the time there were no updates LOL.

Last edited by IanG; 09-30-21 at 01:21 PM.
Nodnarbmai (09-30-21)
Old 09-30-21, 02:09 PM
TpupNomad
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dealer Markup on 22s

Wondering what people are seeing out there. I was just at a dealer in the Orlando area working to trade my GX for a 22 Luxury. They wanted an $8,200 markup... It was not a special edition, just a regular GX...
Old 09-30-21, 02:33 PM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Crown Lexus Ontario CA wants $5000 on any 22 GX

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery