GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-22 | 06:37 PM
jdlauth1
1st Gear

Default Ordering new GX460

Hey guys, total newb here. So forgive if I ask some dumb questions. I’ve always been a Ford guy and am used to their custom ordering process. However I’ve taken a great interest in a GX460 as my next vehicle. Assuming they don’t make any crazy changes when the 2023 model debuts, I’m strongly considering making the switch.

Here is my question. If I walk in to a Lexus dealer and place an order for a new GX with the options I want, when it comes in, is it standard practice for Lexus dealers to sell it to me at MSRP, or will they add some kind of market adjustment? I understand in this crazy market that in stock vehicles command a premium over sticker price in many cases. However with Ford, when I and my family have ordered them, they will honor MSRP when it comes in. Is it the same case with Lexus?
Old 06-05-22 | 07:24 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Every dealership is different on how they markup the price. Most dealers sell the vehicle at MSRP. Some of them add useless dealer installed options and inflate the price by few thousand dealers while others sell at MSRP. Almost every dealer add document fee of $800 -1000 to price as well with the exception of few who don't charge any dealership price. You need to find a dealer with the lowest price.
Customizing the vehicle is almost impossible. You might have to wait 6 months to get the vehicle of your choice. First of all make up your mind what color you need, interior color then decide on the available options. Talk to your dealer about your choice and they would provide you with available incoming vehicles info.
Old 06-05-22 | 07:49 PM
2010rx350
Driver School Candidate

I would do a hard pass on Hendrick Lexus in sc closing fee of $699. Plus Nitrogen for $199 are you kidding me what a joke. T
hey really sound like a great dealer
Old 06-05-22 | 10:00 PM
EJC
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2010rx350
I would do a hard pass on Hendrick Lexus in sc closing fee of $699. Plus Nitrogen for $199 are you kidding me what a joke. T
hey really sound like a great dealer
They removed the nitrogen charge for our ES350 FSport
As did IRA Lexus formy GX460
Old 06-05-22 | 11:01 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Supposedly Lexus corporate is cracking down on price gouging but as you see there’s only so much a manufacturer can do to try to limit a dealers markup. From what I’ve read Lexus dealers try to hook you for life so expect to pay msrp plus documentation which a few years ago would of been a horrible deal but now a days with zero inventory there’s no reason for the manufactures to provide incentives.
Old 06-06-22 | 06:57 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

I was under the impression that Lexus is not taking custom orders, at this time. They may open that back up, but for now, dealers have to work with what they have.
Old 06-06-22 | 07:02 AM
GK2023
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if the dealer adding "custom tint" is normal? That is the only add-on and they want to charge $595, I asked my salesman to either comp it (that's what they did for my Rx but that was just as covid hit) or drop it off cause I'd rather take it to a more specialized local place to have it done.
Old 06-06-22 | 07:16 AM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

595 is pretty high.
The following 2 users liked this post by GrdnRxR:
GK2023 (06-06-22), tiadesiree (06-06-22)
Old 06-06-22 | 07:25 AM
tiadesiree
Rookie

Originally Posted by GK2023
Does anyone know if the dealer adding "custom tint" is normal? That is the only add-on and they want to charge $595, I asked my salesman to either comp it (that's what they did for my Rx but that was just as covid hit) or drop it off cause I'd rather take it to a more specialized local place to have it done.
I paid MSRP for mine and used that as leverage for them to comp the tint on the two front door windows.
The following users liked this post:
GK2023 (06-06-22)
Old 06-06-22 | 07:33 AM
GK2023
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tiadesiree
I paid MSRP for mine and used that as leverage for them to comp the tint on the two front door windows.
I'm hoping they will do the same, this will be my second vehicle purchased from them and I'm buying at MSRP.

Any updates on the arrival of your Gx? Mine has been in "f" status since 5/26
Old 06-06-22 | 07:40 AM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

If this is SML in the Houston area, based upon my experience, it is their “normal” - they are also known for a nitrogen in the tire(s) charge. I declined to do business with them and found a dealer who did no add-ons or dealer mark-ups (but did charge MSRP and required an upfront $500 deposit, which was quickly refunded after I purchased the vehicle).

Unless you absolutely have to go with a dealer expecting $595 for tint (or requiring tint at their dealership), I’d recommend finding another dealer. There have been some reports of dealer tints gone wrong.

Get what you want - you are paying good money to be satisfied (you just may have to wait a bit).

Best of luck.
Old 06-06-22 | 07:45 AM
tiadesiree
Rookie

I'm hoping they will do the same, this will be my second vehicle purchased from them and I'm buying at MSRP.

Any updates on the arrival of your Gx? Mine has been in "f" status since 5/26
They should definitely comp your tint with you being a repeat customer. If they don’t, I would be shocked. I would also tell them that you’ll take it somewhere else for tint.

I picked mine up on Saturday. Great buying experience at the dealership. I had my own financing and zero pressure to buy additional warranties or maintenance packages.

The only thing I’m not a fan of is this safe that’s in my middle console. I’m going to see if they can take it out. Other than that, I love it.
Old 06-06-22 | 07:59 AM
George2269
2nd gear

Did you go through Park Place or Sewell? If you don’t mind me asking
I put in an order on 4/16 with Sewell and they said they don`t expect it for another 6 weeks or so. I am going to strongly consider waiting for a 2023 if that is the case, although I have not seen any specific info on the 23s yet.
Old 06-06-22 | 07:59 AM
GK2023
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SEELEXUS
If this is SML in the Houston area, based upon my experience, it is their “normal” - they are also known for a nitrogen in the tire(s) charge. I declined to do business with them and found a dealer who did no add-ons or dealer mark-ups (but did charge MSRP and required an upfront $500 deposit, which was quickly refunded after I purchased the vehicle).

Unless you absolutely have to go with a dealer expecting $595 for tint (or requiring tint at their dealership), I’d recommend finding another dealer. There have been some reports of dealer tints gone wrong.

Get what you want - you are paying good money to be satisfied (you just may have to wait a bit).

Best of luck.
Yeah, I'm going to push back pretty hard on that, this is Park Place in DFW, no other add on charges which is nice to see.
The following users liked this post:
tiadesiree (06-06-22)
Old 06-06-22 | 08:01 AM
GK2023
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tiadesiree
They should definitely comp your tint with you being a repeat customer. If they don’t, I would be shocked. I would also tell them that you’ll take it somewhere else for tint.

I picked mine up on Saturday. Great buying experience at the dealership. I had my own financing and zero pressure to buy additional warranties or maintenance packages.

The only thing I’m not a fan of is this safe that’s in my middle console. I’m going to see if they can take it out. Other than that, I love it.
Awesome! Interesting that ours was processed on the same day yet mine is still somewhere in the ether; wonder if it was delayed for some reason.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery