GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-21 | 06:44 AM
TheHighLow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jkonquer
More like in 2 month.
they've been saying this every 2 month since Sumer 2020 lol. In reality it'll take a few years.
The following users liked this post:
MontyLab (02-03-22)
Old 10-02-21 | 02:18 PM
krs1chee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tjspark1
Never heard of more than 9 MSD which would be 6750.

Certainly we are missing something. With 20k down and the way used cars have been holding I would finance with that down. I use to lease and then started buying and the freedom to change cars whenever is both freeing and dangerous.
I still win. Local dealer quoted me $1400/month, 36 months, $0 down. $50,400 total. For a Base model.

I'm reminded of my friends who were paying 15-20% over asking prices for houses last year. Since I have no need or want for the GX, I will wait this one out.
Old 10-05-21 | 09:20 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

I'm awaiting for a Premium '22 in silver with the sepia interior which is expected to be here some time next week. I don't know though if I should trade in my '18 Tacoma TRD Off Road, which will net me $3k, and get this GX or wait and hold off until the new Tundra TRD Pro comes out next year. My biggest concern is that my truck will be of no value then that I could get for it now AND the Tundra will be marked up too high.

Last edited by Seanzky; 10-05-21 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-05-21 | 11:31 AM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Seanzky
I'm awaiting for a Premium '22 in silver with the sepia interior which is expected to be here some time next week. I don't know though if I should trade in my '18 Tacoma TRD Off Road, which will net me $3k, and get this GX or wait and hold off until the new Tundra TRD Pro comes out next year. My biggest concern is that my truck will be of no value then that I could get for it now AND the Tundra will be marked up too high.
You probably can net more than 3k on your taco. I mean its a taco. Hope it wasnt a quote by the dealer. Dont trade at the dealer.

Reality is, what is it that you really want? The Tundra or GX? Just ignore the noise and get what you want when you want it. Yea when you no longer can get a profit on your Taco, it also means supplies issues resolved and u can get discounts again or at least no markups.
MontyLab (02-03-22)
Old 10-05-21 | 12:50 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Default Brought/Leased a 22 GX last night

I originally gave up on my search for a 22 GX because most of the dealers wanted crazy numbers over MSRP like 3-6k and the lease rate was standard for Tier 1. My quotes for a lease were well over 1k which was insane.

I gave it one last try with a dealer here in SoCal got my GX under sticker so I traded in my RX F-sport and picked up this 22 GX Atomic silver. Still can’t believe I got this vehicle under sticker. The people next to me brought the other GX at sticker. I held the line and made som compromises which worked out. No ML Audio but the standard sound system is pretty good. I’ll keep this until the new GX550 arrives. Going from the RX to GX is something I would’ve did sooner but the infotainment was dated - now I have Apple car play, WiFi and much more. I’m already working on Mods such as Chrome delete, tints and doing LED bulbs all around the vehicle.

The following 4 users liked this post by Twizgs:
2chains (10-10-21), jlficken (10-05-21), Siblue (10-05-21), Slprciv (10-05-21)
Old 10-05-21 | 01:13 PM
CFAI
Instructor

Great - is it just the blackline that has plastic rather than the wood inserts for the cupholder/front cubby/window switch surrounds?
Old 10-05-21 | 01:23 PM
CFAI
Instructor

Originally Posted by CFAI
I take it back. If it was just me it would be perfect. But wife is the main driver of car and I doubt the air vent blade could last much more than another week with her heavy hand putting in and taking out her phone. I found the holder still attached to the blade, but twisted upside down last night with visible scratches on the supporting blade. I quietly took it out of the car and made it disappear. Maybe I will try the less good, but also less likely to break anything cup holder based mount.
Old 10-05-21 | 11:39 PM
Kenstar
Driver School Candidate

Default Please share

Good job! Can you share which dealer was? I am so cal and I currently have 2021 gx premium, signed 3 months ago at glendale. I want to switch over to 2022. Please share for me ! Thank you
Old 10-06-21 | 05:42 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by situman
You probably can net more than 3k on your taco. I mean its a taco. Hope it wasnt a quote by the dealer. Dont trade at the dealer.

Reality is, what is it that you really want? The Tundra or GX? Just ignore the noise and get what you want when you want it. Yea when you no longer can get a profit on your Taco, it also means supplies issues resolved and u can get discounts again or at least no markups.
I want a 4x4 I can drive to the ranch that's not marked up way over MSRP and something that's available. I would prefer to get one sooner rather than later not only because there's equity on my Taco but also so that I can start paying monthly for a car I'm keeping not on this lease I'll have to turn in later anyway.

I've only gotten an appraisal for my Taco from the Lexus dealership and checking KBB and TrueCar. Where should I trade it in then? This is my first time leasing so this is all a new experience for me. If you have any tips for me, I live in North Texas (DFW), I'd really appreciate it.
Old 10-06-21 | 05:46 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Twizgs
I originally gave up on my search for a 22 GX because most of the dealers wanted crazy numbers over MSRP like 3-6k and the lease rate was standard for Tier 1. My quotes for a lease were well over 1k which was insane.

I gave it one last try with a dealer here in SoCal got my GX under sticker so I traded in my RX F-sport and picked up this 22 GX Atomic silver. Still can’t believe I got this vehicle under sticker. The people next to me brought the other GX at sticker. I held the line and made som compromises which worked out. No ML Audio but the standard sound system is pretty good. I’ll keep this until the new GX550 arrives. Going from the RX to GX is something I would’ve did sooner but the infotainment was dated - now I have Apple car play, WiFi and much more. I’m already working on Mods such as Chrome delete, tints and doing LED bulbs all around the vehicle.
That's the same exterior color that has my name for reserve. The interior however is the sepia. My first choice would have been any of the dark interiors besides the red and the cream with white exterior but I can't find one in stock. The biggest pros for getting a '22 GX for me is the refreshed dash and the V8. I don't think the V8 will continue to live on any of the future TGNA platforms.
Old 10-06-21 | 08:10 AM
situman
Pole Position

I want a 4x4 I can drive to the ranch that's not marked up way over MSRP and something that's available. I would prefer to get one sooner rather than later not only because there's equity on my Taco but also so that I can start paying monthly for a car I'm keeping not on this lease I'll have to turn in later anyway.

I've only gotten an appraisal for my Taco from the Lexus dealership and checking KBB and TrueCar. Where should I trade it in then? This is my first time leasing so this is all a new experience for me. If you have any tips for me, I live in North Texas (DFW), I'd really appreciate it.
I sold my leased 2018 GX to Carvana. I netted more than double what the dealer offered me. You can try Carmax and Vroom as well.
Seanzky (10-06-21)
Old 10-06-21 | 08:14 AM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Twizgs

Congratulations! I got my 2022 Atomic Silver with red interior with the premium+ package over the weekend. The dealer raked me over the coals and tried to tack on $9k worth of market adjustments and other useless crap. I said I'm not paying for any of that crap. Tried to get him under MSRP, but ended up paying MSRP + tax + DMV fees. I keep trying to walk out during the negotiation and they kept not wanting me to leave lol. I dont know if it was the weekend, but holy crap, the dealership was bz. Did everyone win the lottery but me?
MontyLab (02-03-22)
Old 10-06-21 | 08:16 AM
situman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CFAI
Great - is it just the blackline that has plastic rather than the wood inserts for the cupholder/front cubby/window switch surrounds?
The window switch surrounds no longer have wood inserts. I feel like the interior has lost some luxury but made up in more features. That new screen and back up camera is a monumental leap compared to my 2018. I mean I can actually see when backing up at night now and the guidelines...MOVES with the steering wheel.
The following 2 users liked this post by situman:
CFAI (10-06-21), jlficken (10-06-21)
Old 10-06-21 | 08:22 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by situman
I sold my leased 2018 GX to Carvana. I netted more than double what the dealer offered me. You can try Carmax and Vroom as well.
​​​​​​​Thanks so much! I hadn't thought of those!
Old 10-06-21 | 08:28 AM
situman
Pole Position

Thanks so much! I hadn't thought of those!
Just remember that when you trade in to a dealer, you get a tax benefit on the total value of the vehicle that you traded in. Lets say you trade it in for $20k towards a new GX, you dont have to pay taxes on that 20k. So do the math and make sure your net from other places will more than offset the tax benefit as well. Of course confirm with the dealer if that is the case as well.
Seanzky (10-06-21)

Quick Reply: 2022 Lease/Purchase/Delivery