GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022-2023 Tow hitch receiver.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-22, 06:43 AM
ramachk
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hehena
I believe you need this part in addition to an OEM or aftermarket hitch.
Toyota/Lexus Part Number,
51908-WY010 (Hitch Bracket)
90119-12361 x6 (Bolts)

Thank you so much! Guess this is it! Should solve the issue. Much appreciated! Who would have thought?
Old 05-23-22, 06:29 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by dmdbko
Hello all,

I'm a new member with 22 GX 460.
I've been searching for a tow hitch receiver (lexus OEM) ever since the purchase of the car but I'm not sure the old version fits '22.
1. Spoke to a guy at my local Lexus service dept. he said they were instructed not to sell those by Lexus, in fact they don't have anything available. (He also mentioned it's not about the supply shortage due to pandemic)
2. At the official Lexus webpage, can't find the tow hitch receiver in the accessory list.

Was anyone able to configure the vehicle with the receiver or see one with the hitch receiver factory-installed?
The part no. PT22860140 is the one that fits the previous models.

Thank you,
I gave up on the factory. My '22 was prewired so I just had an aftermarket hitch installed by a local audio shop
Old 05-24-22, 07:33 AM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by EJC
I gave up on the factory. My '22 was prewired so I just had an aftermarket hitch installed by a local audio shop
Same here. I expect Amazon to drop off the Curt anytime now.
Would you mind sharing pictures of what your local audio shop did?
I’m not really planning on towing anything heavier than a Thule bike rack anytime soon 😆
Old 05-24-22, 08:34 AM
thn116
6th Gear

Since the GX460 is based on the Toyota Land Cruiser Pardo does anyone here think those tow hitches would fit?
Old 05-24-22, 10:46 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTurtle
Same here. I expect Amazon to drop off the Curt anytime now.
Would you mind sharing pictures of what your local audio shop did?
I’m not really planning on towing anything heavier than a Thule bike rack anytime soon 😆
In retrospect, It looks simple enough to have done myself, 4 bolts and the wiring was already there.

Old 05-24-22, 11:15 AM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

The receiver is sitting right on the spare tire. I need to consider that when it's time to replace/upgrade my tires. Thank you!

Amazon dropped off the curt just now. Did you have to use the extra plate/spacer?

Last edited by FastTurtle; 05-24-22 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-24-22, 11:58 AM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

The receiver is sitting right on the spare tire. I need to consider that when it's time to replace/upgrade my tires. Thank you!

Amazon dropped off the curt just now. Did you have to use the extra plate/spacer?
I have a 2022 GX and I used the spacer plate to keep from crimping the bottom trim. Had to lower the spare tire a couple of inches to make installation easier but it was a good learning experience to know how to lower your spare in case of a flat. Torquing the bolts to 80 ft lbs. was a PITA but that was because I am old and weak. Really a very easy job. Check out GX Bob's video installing a Curt on his GX or the video from U-Haul.
Old 05-24-22, 12:10 PM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Perfect! I have the ‘22 as well. Who is GX Bob?

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
I have a 2022 GX and I used the spacer plate to keep from crimping the bottom trim. Had to lower the spare tire a couple of inches to make installation easier but it was a good learning experience to know how to lower your spare in case of a flat. Torquing the bolts to 80 ft lbs. was a PITA but that was because I am old and weak. Really a very easy job. Check out GX Bob's video installing a Curt on his GX or the video from U-Haul.
Old 05-24-22, 12:24 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Perfect! I have the ‘22 as well. Who is GX Bob?
GX Bob is a Lexus GX460 guy who does good UTube videos on fixing and making modifications for the GX 460. Go to Utube and goggle GX Bob and you will see a whole list of videos he has made. I watched him install the Curt on his GX and also the Utube video made by U-haul. I suggest you watch both and then your installation should be a piece of cake. If you have someone to help hold the spacer plate and hitch while you get the first bolt screwed in would be a big help. If not if you have a jack that you could use to hold the hitch and plate in place that would work also. I had neither and it took me a while to get that first bolt in while holding the hitch and plate together and get lined up with the bolt hole. As you know the Curt hitch is pretty heavy.
Old 05-24-22, 02:42 PM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Thank you for sharing! Installation done. No fitment issue. Time to test the bike rack this afternoon.

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
GX Bob is a Lexus GX460 guy who does good UTube videos on fixing and making modifications for the GX 460. Go to Utube and goggle GX Bob and you will see a whole list of videos he has made. I watched him install the Curt on his GX and also the Utube video made by U-haul. I suggest you watch both and then your installation should be a piece of cake. If you have someone to help hold the spacer plate and hitch while you get the first bolt screwed in would be a big help. If not if you have a jack that you could use to hold the hitch and plate in place that would work also. I had neither and it took me a while to get that first bolt in while holding the hitch and plate together and get lined up with the bolt hole. As you know the Curt hitch is pretty heavy.
The following users liked this post:
catdaddylo (05-24-22)
Old 05-25-22, 03:01 PM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

The Install took about 10-15mins. I recommend using the spacer that came with the receiver, so that it is not pushing against the plastic bumper.

Old 06-03-22, 01:58 PM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Hehena
I believe you need this part in addition to an OEM or aftermarket hitch.
Toyota/Lexus Part Number,
51908-WY010 (Hitch Bracket)
90119-12361 x6 (Bolts)

Nice find, odd his didn't have that as standard.

Last edited by GX4602011; 06-03-22 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-06-22, 11:29 AM
familygx
3rd Gear

Anyone hear any updates on when we can purchase the Class 4 hitch?
Old 06-06-22, 12:34 PM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 47 Posts

There is a recent post indicating Lexus responded to this question with: “mid to late August” with a caveat (there always a possibility of unexpected delays).

All of us waiting for the Lexus C4 hitch have our fingers crossed.
Old 06-06-22, 12:46 PM
familygx
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by SEELEXUS
There is a recent post indicating Lexus responded to this question with: “mid to late August” with a caveat (there always a possibility of unexpected delays).

All of us waiting for the Lexus C4 hitch have our fingers crossed.
ahhh thank you, that actually helps tremendously. My guess will now be October.. But hey, there's time to save.. Gonna settle for the C3 Curt for until then.

Quick Reply: 2022-2023 Tow hitch receiver.