GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Discontinued grill, best shot at finding it ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-21, 05:45 PM
sri1602
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Discontinued grill, best shot at finding it ?

Hey all,
I joined the gx party somewhat late this year with my 2012. I've just finishing working through the myriad of issues my car came with (KDSS / Non functional third row seat assemblies / Fender gap issues (this one I just live with now / Non functional interior lights / Door panel swap) and am looking to move towards modding and visually improvements finally.

Anyone know where my best shot would be to find the f-sport 2010-13 grill? I've seen threads on here from not too long ago, but I'm having an incredibly difficult time finding either, other than some russian websites which do not reply to emails. I reached out to some dealerships too who just said the part had been officially discontinued. On the flip side, anyone selling one (although unlikely) is also free to reach out to me XD.
Old 12-20-21, 06:19 PM
IanG
Intermediate

Received 379 Likes on 211 Posts

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but thought I would pass it on
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...tr5430120.html
Old 12-20-21, 07:07 PM
sri1602
Driver School Candidate

So it sems that lexus parts now displays it as "in stock" but they decided to cancel my order a week in, turns out they don't have anything either. Listed reason as "Backordered/Discontinued part". I'm trying my luck with a dealer in CA who is still showing the part as in stock. I've had messages from other gx owners still looking for the part, so i'll post an update if they do have any available.
Old 12-21-21, 06:48 AM
halfpint30
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sri1602
Hey all,
I joined the gx party somewhat late this year with my 2012. I've just finishing working through the myriad of issues my car came with (KDSS / Non functional third row seat assemblies / Fender gap issues (this one I just live with now / Non functional interior lights / Door panel swap) and am looking to move towards modding and visually improvements finally.

Anyone know where my best shot would be to find the f-sport 2010-13 grill? I've seen threads on here from not too long ago, but I'm having an incredibly difficult time finding either, other than some russian websites which do not reply to emails. I reached out to some dealerships too who just said the part had been officially discontinued. On the flip side, anyone selling one (although unlikely) is also free to reach out to me XD.
Contact Dan at Bell Lexus ddickerson@belllexus.com
The following users liked this post:
sri1602 (12-21-21)
Old 12-21-21, 07:34 AM
sri1602
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I just sent an email!
Old 12-21-21, 12:20 PM
sri1602
Driver School Candidate

Just got a reply and they can't get it either. It seems the people who picked it up around when Acrad warned about the part being discontinued in a prior thread were the fortunate ones. Pity, might just paint my OEM one black now as i'm going for a chrome delete.
Old 12-21-21, 01:50 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 746 Likes on 528 Posts

You're going to have to find one off a wrecked car I'm afraid. Getting NOS is going to be impossible at this point. It's a shame because the grill really pops on the 2010-2013 GXs...
Old 12-24-21, 11:22 PM
sri1602
Driver School Candidate

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have searched far and wide and seem to have found a lead (fingers crossed). At this point, it is more than just the part, but a journey for me
I initially found a shop in Japan (AutoProz Japan) who claimed to have stock but that fell through quickly and they refused to ship to the USA in any circumstance. Polite guys though, and they have an interesting body kit for the GX known as Zeus with a dual exhaust if anyone wants to check them out - they're on rakuten japan.

My research has now brought me to a lexus dealership in Russia who will give me a definitive answer on Monday if they are able to sell me the grill. Bit of a moot point and probably going to cost me a small fortune to ship here, but I'm going to go ahead and order anyway if they agree to it.

If it goes well, I'll come back to the group and update.
Old 12-25-21, 01:18 PM
ctjameson
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have searched far and wide and seem to have found a lead (fingers crossed). At this point, it is more than just the part, but a journey for me
I initially found a shop in Japan (AutoProz Japan) who claimed to have stock but that fell through quickly and they refused to ship to the USA in any circumstance. Polite guys though, and they have an interesting body kit for the GX known as Zeus with a dual exhaust if anyone wants to check them out - they're on rakuten japan.

My research has now brought me to a lexus dealership in Russia who will give me a definitive answer on Monday if they are able to sell me the grill. Bit of a moot point and probably going to cost me a small fortune to ship here, but I'm going to go ahead and order anyway if they agree to it.

If it goes well, I'll come back to the group and update.
I can't wait. I just picked up a 2010 and would love to get one myself. I'm okay with the small fortune honestly. There's no other way to get one.
Old 12-27-21, 04:42 PM
Piney1
Intermediate

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

I had bought an F Sport grill for this when I got it but took it off and just plasti-dipped the grill. Like that look more than the F Sport grill. Got that because I was trying to be subdued and not flashy. The plasti mutes it a bit and really changes the look of the nose.
Old 12-27-21, 04:45 PM
ctjameson
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Piney1
I had bought an F Sport grill for this when I got it but took it off and just plasti-dipped the grill. Like that look more than the F Sport grill. Got that because I was trying to be subdued and not flashy. The plasti mutes it a bit and really changes the look of the nose.
Broooo Truck buddies. I'm gonna do everything you did. Lmfao. Same wheels too. Did you do the gunmetal grey plasti-dip on the grill and wheels? And what window shades are those? I want some but don't want to have wind noise.
Old 12-27-21, 05:20 PM
sri1602
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Piney1
Did you plasti dip the wheels too ? I might end up doing what you did for the grill if i cant find one, did you get rid of yours lol ? Happy to take it off your hands if youre selling
Old 12-29-21, 04:06 AM
sri1602
Driver School Candidate

Update: Even the dealer in russia has been unable to source the grill. Like Romanova said earlier, it seems the only option is gettng it through a wrecked car or salvage. Sad :c
Old 12-29-21, 12:04 PM
ctjameson
Driver School Candidate

Update: Even the dealer in russia has been unable to source the grill. Like Romanova said earlier, it seems the only option is gettng it through a wrecked car or salvage. Sad :c
Sounds like we're painting our grills then. Womp womp.
Old 12-29-21, 04:21 PM
MrTorgue
Advanced

Received 349 Likes on 231 Posts

If someone develops a TRD style grill for the 2010-2013 GX460 like the GX470 I’ll sell my F sport grille I bought right before they went bye bye.

Quick Reply: Discontinued grill, best shot at finding it ?