GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Help With Part # - Black Line Rear Bumper Trim

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-22, 05:25 PM
DSMinATL
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Unhappy Help With Part # - Black Line Rear Bumper Trim

We have owned our 2022 Black Line for just 5 days and today my wife was rear-ended driving home from work. Based on the picture she sent me it appears the scratches are limited to the dark gray trim on the bumper which is exclusive to the Black Line models. None of the parts sites have any of the 2022 parts from what I can tell. Can someone help me identify the part #? And for those who own a Black Line, does it looks like this is a separate piece attached to the bumper? @jlficken @Siblue Ideally I'd like to just replace the trim piece without having to remove the bumper. I'm traveling all week for work so I won't be able to inspect it up close until the weekend. Thank you for the help.

Old 01-18-22, 05:44 PM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

I’ll crawl under there tomorrow to inspect it.
The following users liked this post:
DSMinATL (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 06:24 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

Parts listings only go to 2021 but maybe this will help
https://parts.lexus.com/a/Lexus_2021...2410-5253.html
Old 01-18-22, 07:39 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

That sucks!!

It appears to be separately attached with pop pins.

The following 2 users liked this post by jlficken:
DSMinATL (01-18-22), Siblue (01-18-22)
Old 01-19-22, 09:09 AM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Same findings on ours.
Could be just those push pins and some tabs along the bumper cover.
No Lexus parts online have any 22MY listed
Old 01-21-22, 07:15 PM
Piney1
Intermediate

Received 287 Likes on 171 Posts

Trailer hitches exist for a reason. Even if you just have a receiver and a plug on the end of it, it’ll save you from a lot of minor damage from these types of crashes.
Old 01-22-22, 08:42 AM
DSMinATL
Driver

Originally Posted by Piney1
Trailer hitches exist for a reason. Even if you just have a receiver and a plug on the end of it, it’ll save you from a lot of minor damage from these types of crashes.
I agree. I wish it had the OEM hitch but those are on backorder until sometime in March according to the dealership. And we had only owned this for 5 days so I didn't have time to purchase another and install it. Just terrible luck and timing.

And literally the DAY BEFORE this happened I had picked up my 4Runner from the body shop because... I had been rear-ended a few months ago and I had to replace the rear bumper and the hitch. The hitch on my 4Runner took the majority of the impact and it would have been much worse without it.
The following users liked this post:
Piney1 (01-22-22)
Old 01-22-22, 08:47 AM
DSMinATL
Driver

Thank you @jlficken and @Siblue . I got home late last night and looked at it in-person and it does seem to be limited to just the gray Black Line trim piece. I really really hope it's something that can be swapped without removing the entire bumper. If anyone is curious about the part number here is what I learned:

Part Number: PZ322-60108 at a cost of $1018.88 plus tax. It’s currently not available in the US, but there are a couple in transit to the depots.

Also attached is a parts list for the front and rear Black Line trim if anyone is interested. Once I have the police report and I can file the claim I'll get the quote and get the part ordered. If it's something that can be swapped without bumper removal then I'll do the work myself. 5 days and 80 miles on the odometer. I swear there is a curse following me around. Just yesterday I went to leave for the airport and fly home and my rental Highlander had a flat tire.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GX_BlackLine_Trim_Parts.pdf (132.0 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by DSMinATL; 05-20-22 at 04:53 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by DSMinATL:
HedgeFund (05-18-22), jlficken (01-22-22), Siblue (01-22-22), ultraSLO (05-18-22)
Old 01-22-22, 09:02 AM
Piney1
Intermediate

Received 287 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by DSMinATL
I agree. I wish it had the OEM hitch but those are on backorder until sometime in March according to the dealership. And we had only owned this for 5 days so I didn't have time to purchase another and install it. Just terrible luck and timing.

And literally the DAY BEFORE this happened I had picked up my 4Runner from the body shop because... I had been rear-ended a few months ago and I had to replace the rear bumper and the hitch. The hitch on my 4Runner took the majority of the impact and it would have been much worse without it.
When we lived in South Florida, that happened to two different new vehicles that were a week old. Drove me mad! Ever since then, every vehicle has a hitch on it. The guy I sold my last F250 to got rear ended and it totaled the other vehicle and didn’t even bet to the 250’s bumper!
Old 03-19-22, 11:13 PM
Razel0821
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Part number PZ322-60108

We have owned our 2022 Black Line for just 5 days and today my wife was rear-ended driving home from work. Based on the picture she sent me it appears the scratches are limited to the dark gray trim on the bumper which is exclusive to the Black Line models. None of the parts sites have any of the 2022 parts from what I can tell. Can someone help me identify the part #? And for those who own a Black Line, does it looks like this is a separate piece attached to the bumper? @jlficken @Siblue Ideally I'd like to just replace the trim piece without having to remove the bumper. I'm traveling all week for work so I won't be able to inspect it up close until the weekend. Thank you for the help.

Sorry to hear about your new GX. I'm currently in the market for the rear valance. Here's the part number PZ322-60108 is about 700ish online.

Here's the website https://parts.lexusofwesleychapel.com/productSearch.aspx?ukey_make=5773&ukey_model=0&modelYear=0&ukey_trimLevel=0&ukey_driveline=0&searchTerm=PZ322-60108

If you are interested I would buy yours if the price is right. Let me know

Last edited by Razel0821; 03-19-22 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-18-22, 01:59 PM
ultraSLO
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you @jlficken and @Siblue . I got home late last night and looked at it in-person and it does seem to be limited to just the gray Black Line trim piece. I really really hope it's something that can be swapped without removing the entire bumper. If anyone is curious about the part number here is what I learned:

Part Number: PZ322-60108 at a cost of $1018.88 plus tax. It’s currently not available in the US, but there are a couple in transit to the depots.

Also attached is a parts list for the front and rear Black Line trim if anyone is interested. Once I have the police report and I can file the claim I'll get the quote and get the part ordered. If it's something that can be swapped without bumper removal then I'll do the work myself. 5 days and 80 miles on the odometer. I swear there is a curse following me around. Just yesterday I went to leave for the airport and fly home and my rental Highlander had a flat tire.

Thanks for posting the part numbers for the Black Line front and rear bumper spoilers. I've been trying to order these for weeks (before coming across this thread) and dealers kept giving me different part numbers...I think some are sending me Sport Design part numbers.

Did you end up installing the new rear bumper spoiler yourself? The front looks very straight forward, but the rear Black Line bumper spoiler looks to be held on by a combination of pop-pins and double sided tape? Is this the case?
Old 05-18-22, 08:59 PM
DSMinATL
Driver

Originally Posted by ultraSLO
Thanks for posting the part numbers for the Black Line front and rear bumper spoilers. I've been trying to order these for weeks (before coming across this thread) and dealers kept giving me different part numbers...I think some are sending me Sport Design part numbers.

Did you end up installing the new rear bumper spoiler yourself? The front looks very straight forward, but the rear Black Line bumper spoiler looks to be held on by a combination of pop-pins and double sided tape? Is this the case?
Fortunately after cleaning the bumper you can barely tell it ever happened so I decided to leave it alone. I felt that more damage could actually be done if I tried to replace that part.
Old 05-18-22, 11:34 PM
HedgeFund
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for sharing part numbers for this. Was looking to find it. Glad to hear that you don’t have to replace it, wow it costs a fortune for a little plastic trim.

also was looking for a black line chrome pieces on the back trunk door, do you by chance know part numbers for those?
Old 05-19-22, 07:01 AM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by HedgeFund
Thanks for sharing part numbers for this. Was looking to find it. Glad to hear that you don’t have to replace it, wow it costs a fortune for a little plastic trim.

also was looking for a black line chrome pieces on the back trunk door, do you by chance know part numbers for those?
Just use the lexus parts site.
Top is 7681260370
bottom is 7681360100