2023 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-23, 07:53 PM
TheLastV8
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruturaj
Hey guys,

I have been on the forum for a while but GS section. I was planning to purchase one but decided to go for Kia stinger. I have a baby on the way (due in March), I am on little on blind on how my needs would change and what to look for in a vehicle depending on those. I also have BRZ which isn't very useful either. I think GX would suit my needs, I might want to tow BRZ to track in future or tow a trailer my friend has if I borrow it or get my own. I am looking to keep it as long as I can, that's why GX and not other choices. I am okay with truck like handling, I have other cars I can enjoy for spirited driving. I am a mountain biker and snowboarder. I travel a lot every year, at least 2-3 national parks by driving.

​​​​​​From what I looked for since yesterday1. I would like brown interior (Sepia) but all dealerships nearby has black.
2. I am torn between mica blue and atomic silver. Biased towards later.
3. I would like to have premium model with hitch, all season cargo mat and all season floor mats. Nearby cars have extra packages that I don't need.

Question
​​​a. Are dealerships charging markups?
b. Do Lexus takes orders? If so how are wait times?
c. I am all new to having a kid and buying something like Lexus (luxury body on frame SUV), what should be in my considerations?

I don't think I will be getting out much for next 8 months till all vaccination is done. I live near Seattle WA.
I am in WA as well. Personally waited close to a year for the exact build I wanted. Started looking at a 2022 and ended up with a 2023. If you’re flexible in colors, you can probably get yours pretty soon. Dealers get a couple GXs allocated every other week.

Dealers are not taking custom orders. You basically take what they get allocated if you want it. For the most part all GXs coming to WA are sold before they hit the dealer lot. Things are supposed to improve as the vehicle market continues to crash. However, I’d be surprised if you get better than MSRP right at this time. I called dealers around a few weeks back and the ones in Seattle and Bellevue charge thousands in dealer markups through overpriced addons and protection packages, and junk. I got mine at MSRP.

In my opinion, the premium plus package is the best bang for your buck. You basically get a luxury minus the air suspension and real leather. I wanted a luxury because I specifically wanted the off road pkg. Else I would have definitely bought a premium plus instead.
The following users liked this post:
Ruturaj (01-10-23)
Old 01-10-23, 08:46 PM
Ruturaj
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheLastV8
I am in WA as well. Personally waited close to a year for the exact build I wanted. Started looking at a 2022 and ended up with a 2023. If you’re flexible in colors, you can probably get yours pretty soon. Dealers get a couple GXs allocated every other week.

Dealers are not taking custom orders. You basically take what they get allocated if you want it. For the most part all GXs coming to WA are sold before they hit the dealer lot. Things are supposed to improve as the vehicle market continues to crash. However, I’d be surprised if you get better than MSRP right at this time. I called dealers around a few weeks back and the ones in Seattle and Bellevue charge thousands in dealer markups through overpriced addons and protection packages, and junk. I got mine at MSRP.

In my opinion, the premium plus package is the best bang for your buck. You basically get a luxury minus the air suspension and real leather. I wanted a luxury because I specifically wanted the off road pkg. Else I would have definitely bought a premium plus instead.
Thanks, which dealership did you end up using? I think I am only hard set on getting brown interior pretty much open to all exterior colors.

I am going for just premium, I do not value power foldable third row or upgraded sound system.
Old 01-10-23, 09:03 PM
TheLastV8
Pit Crew

Thanks, which dealership did you end up using? I think I am only hard set on getting brown interior pretty much open to all exterior colors.

I am going for just premium, I do not value power foldable third row or upgraded sound system.
Totally understand. No problem with the premium.
I got it from Portland Lexus.
Ruturaj (01-10-23)
Old 01-10-23, 09:24 PM
Ruturaj
10th Gear

Originally Posted by TheLastV8
Totally understand. No problem with the premium.
I got it from Portland Lexus.
Thanks, I will contact them and one in Eugene as well. Any idea about California dealerships?
Old 01-10-23, 09:56 PM
TheLastV8
Pit Crew

Thanks, I will contact them and one in Eugene as well. Any idea about California dealerships?
I didn’t contact CA. The one in Eugene also sells MSRP. I see they have a black line in stock (as per their website)
Ruturaj (01-10-23)
Old 01-11-23, 10:15 AM
ASE
Pole Position

Received 1,028 Likes on 686 Posts

Lexus of Bellevue are criminals ... not the case until the last 5-odd years ... bought several vehicles there, but never again ... I went to Lexus of Seattle ... in Lynnwood ... were honest and straight-up ... at least back in 2019.
Ruturaj (01-11-23)
Old 01-11-23, 12:59 PM
Ruturaj
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ASE
Lexus of Bellevue are criminals ... not the case until the last 5-odd years ... bought several vehicles there, but never again ... I went to Lexus of Seattle ... in Lynnwood ... were honest and straight-up ... at least back in 2019.
Thanks, will check them out as well.
Old 01-12-23, 01:35 PM
Kisel17
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad
I wonder why the wheels were swapped out on the press loan.
Old 01-12-23, 06:39 PM
evilfij
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kisel17
I wonder why the wheels were swapped out on the press loan.
They are genuine accessory option. I assume whoever ordered the press loaner decided to put them on. The west coast press loaner has no accessories.

Kisel17 (01-14-23)
Old 01-13-23, 05:44 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts
Default GX outdoor concept on 2023 Tokyo Auto Salon

The following 3 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (01-14-23), Philly01 (01-14-23), RealMenDIY (01-16-23)
Old 01-24-23, 04:46 PM
AComp
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2023 GX 8% off

**LEXUS FIRESALE**

2022 RXs - 10%
2023 ISs - 10%
2023 RXs - 8%
2023 GXs - 8%
2023 NXs - 8%

No hybrids - sorry.

Here is our insane inventory!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=247837987
Old 01-28-23, 04:20 PM
MolliWinni
10th Gear

Default 2023 GX460 Black Line Edition

I have a 2 week old 2023 GX460 Black Line Edition and wondered if anyone heard what sounds like the A/C compressor running test the A/C is not on and the defrost mode is also not on?
Old 01-28-23, 04:49 PM
evilfij
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MolliWinni
I have a 2 week old 2023 GX460 Black Line Edition and wondered if anyone heard what sounds like the A/C compressor running test the A/C is not on and the defrost mode is also not on?
There is an auto AC setting you can change in the menu.
Old 02-06-23, 08:01 AM
stllex88
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2023 Price Increase

GX Base price just went up $950. The base price on our 2023 premium was $56,425. I saw a newer one on the dealer site now with a base price of $57,375.

Dealer has mixed stock in transit. If you are on the fence, look for one with the lower base price now. The Premium package and option prices did not change, just the base price.
Old 02-06-23, 12:00 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

Thats interesting hearing that same model year has a price difference on the same model. Odd. Thanks for the info. Looks like the 23 is being discounted quite a bit without even trying to negotiate. I think they are blowing these things out for the new redesign.

Quick Reply: 2023 Discussion