GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2023 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-23 | 01:13 PM
stllex88
Driver

Interesting on the discounting comment. Our local dealers still have no stock and you have to reserve prior to arrival. Every one that comes in is sold before it arrives.
They get MSRP. If you don't pay it, someone else will.
I've read anecdotes that some people are getting a thousand off maybe a bit more here or there but perhaps in isolated geographic areas.
Old 02-06-23 | 02:17 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

I am in Manhattan and Northern NJ. A very high demand area. The GX is widely available in this larger market. Discounts are large.
Old 02-06-23 | 03:13 PM
zbhdj009
7th Gear

Originally Posted by MolliWinni
I have a 2 week old 2023 GX460 Black Line Edition and wondered if anyone heard what sounds like the A/C compressor running test the A/C is not on and the defrost mode is also not on?
can i ask does your blackedtion have adjustment button for the air suspension? I DON'T find it from my blackline edition lol
Old 02-06-23 | 03:26 PM
TheLastV8
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by zbhdj009
can i ask does your blackedtion have adjustment button for the air suspension? I DON'T find it from my blackline edition lol
only the luxury has it.
Old 02-06-23 | 03:30 PM
zbhdj009
7th Gear

oh god. Do we have the KDSS? is it not manual adjust system? Does our blackline can change the height level or no? thanks
Old 02-06-23 | 04:35 PM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

oh god. Do we have the KDSS? is it not manual adjust system? Does our blackline can change the height level or no? thanks
Yes, all GX models have the KDSS system.
Old 02-06-23 | 04:44 PM
hzhao
Racer

KDSS has nothing to do with ride height adjustment, it is a complex stability system, primary to benefit off roading for providing better traction. The air suspension only available in luxury trim in US (not sure which trim equivalent in Canada) provide only rear height adjustment, but rather it is design for adjustment of ride height, it is more of serving load leveling purpose. As other member had stated, Black Line Edition does not have the rear air suspension, therefore you will not be able to adjust rear heights.
Old 02-06-23 | 04:46 PM
zbhdj009
7th Gear

Originally Posted by hzhao
KDSS has nothing to do with ride height adjustment, it is a complex stability system, primary to benefit off roading for providing better traction. The air suspension only available in luxury trim in US (not sure which trim equivalent in Canada) provide only rear height adjustment, but rather it is design for adjustment of ride height, it is more of serving load leveling purpose. As other member had stated, Black Line Edition does not have the rear air suspension, therefore you will not be able to adjust rear heights.
thanks for your reply
Old 02-06-23 | 05:53 PM
leogast
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Tensi
Thats interesting hearing that same model year has a price difference on the same model. Odd. Thanks for the info. Looks like the 23 is being discounted quite a bit without even trying to negotiate. I think they are blowing these things out for the new redesign.

No discounting in Tennessee. Knoxville Lexus is charging 5k over MSRP. Nashville making you pay Msrp + service package.

all units in Nashville/Franklin are reserved by customers before they even shop up at the dealer.
Old 02-11-23 | 02:19 PM
Luxrider10
5th Gear

I've worked at Lexus for many years and took a break for school. Recently came back to these major markups and let me tell you most of my customers aren't happy. My time line goes like this. I sold GX's for the 500-600 dollar range back in the day. Then before I left they went up to the 700 range. NOW its in the 1k + range! Forget markups alone the interest rates/money factors are nuts.
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (02-11-23)
Old 02-15-23 | 08:53 AM
LouG
Rookie

Default 2023 GX 460 Blackline Questions

Good Morning CL - New forum member here....

I'm slowly finding myself getting off the fence on the purchase of a new GX 460 Blackline, but having never owned a Lexus product (though I'm a very long-time Toyota owner) I have a couple questions that may help get me to the finish line...
  • I don't see on spec sheets from my local dealer that the Blackline trim comes with the ML stereo. Is this something that can be added via build order?
  • If the ML stereo is not available on the Blackline edition, can anyone provide their feedback on the base stereo ?
  • I'm deciding between Eminent White Pearl and Nori Green (if still available). I've been through owning a black vehicle and I always told myself never again due to the upkeep. Can anyone comment on how soft Lexus paint is? Would Nori Green require similar upkeep as Black Onyx ?
Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.....Many thanks ....!

Last edited by LouG; 02-15-23 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-15-23 | 09:05 AM
evilfij
Driver

ML is not available. Base system seems fine.

Nori is dark and shows dirt similar, but not as bad, to black. The Pearl in Nori I presume will hide scratches much better than black. Lexus paint seems harder than Porsche and seems to be high quality. I found no flaws.

Both nori and white Pearl are beautiful. I could not do another black vehicle (I have two).
Old 02-15-23 | 09:07 AM
meitzler
Driver

The Blackline does not have ML available even as option. I own a 2023 blackline and it was not available when I purchased. My understanding is that you cannot custom order them either. My selection was only from the allocations available to the dealers.
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (02-15-23)
Old 02-15-23 | 09:12 AM
evilfij
Driver

Originally Posted by meitzler
The Blackline does not have ML available even as option. I own a 2023 blackline and it was not available when I purchased. My understanding is that you cannot custom order them either. My selection was only from the allocations available to the dealers.
I believe production has ended as well. In theory I think dealers could modify port installed options (which, other than the load space cover were the only options), but I am not sure how that actually worked in practice.
Old 02-15-23 | 09:16 AM
CFAI
Instructor

You might want to look into a Prem Plus. That has the ML stereo, power third row, and gives you options for seat color (Black, Ecru, Sepia, Red) at a price that is around the Blackline - I think Prem+ is even $2k less than Blackline. Of course if you really just like the look of the Blackline then get that - but I would at least give the Prem Plus a look first.

Last edited by CFAI; 02-15-23 at 09:20 AM.

Quick Reply: 2023 Discussion