2023 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-23, 06:22 AM
audiojem
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Purchase New 2023 GX460 Recent Prices Paid

CL Members
Looking at buying a new 23 GX460 can I get some recent prices paid and thoughts what model offers the best bang for buck if that exists?
Dealers in the Michigan market are too proud of their high pricing maybe I need to find good out state dealers who are aggressive and reliable with quotes.
Thanks In Advance.
AJ
Old 09-12-23, 03:40 PM
Elcorbs
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Lexus dealers in Las Vegas are proud of theirs also. MSRP or walk. They know this is the last year of this model and are going to sell them at MSRP.
Old 09-12-23, 04:35 PM
SpudsMcD
Pit Crew

Received 152 Likes on 68 Posts

Well, I don't know about Michigan or Vegas, but here in SoCal the average is now $5K below MSRP for Premium package. That's publicly available on the Lexus dealer websites. The recent rise in gasoline prices, high interest rates, and the faltering economy are taking their toll. I bought one this weekend, and got a better deal than I had hoped for. Stand firm on your offer and do not hesitate to shop several dealers. One of my local dealers was really obstinate about pricing, offering just a couple of thousand off of MSRP, but my other local dealer was much more willing to come down. There's no way these are selling for anything close to MSRP now. I researched the GX and cross-shopped about fifteen dealers over the last three months. There was a definite shift in the market in the past week.
The following 2 users liked this post by SpudsMcD:
pacnwatx (09-13-23), SteveInCal (09-29-23)
Old 09-13-23, 05:08 AM
Hrocks
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

I think timing is everything. When I bought my ‘21 GX, it was the last day of the Lexus December to Remember program and got $5k off with no dealer magic coatings or upholstery protection etc etc. Bought my ‘23 early this year when the lots were bare. Mine was on the boat, got $1500 off.

When I first started looking, I checked dealer websites from coast to coast. Cali dealers were advertising $5k off on their websites, Texas had about the same markups over sticker. So a $10 grand swing at same time. Waiting to drive a 550 before committing to buy.
The following users liked this post:
pacnwatx (09-14-23)
Old 09-13-23, 05:41 AM
BillK01
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Here in the Pittsburgh area we have 2 Lexus dealers (owned by the same company) and they won't budge off sticker.
Old 09-20-23, 07:00 PM
Wombat78
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner Concern (2023 GX 460)

Hello all, I just picked up a new 2023 GX460…

Is there anyone out there who has only 500 miles on their brand new Lexus GX 460 and hates it?

1. Steering wheel was off center and pulled to the right. 3 dealerships and 4 alignments later steering wheel finally centered yet still pulls to the right. Lexus is saying that the only way to keep it from drifting to the right would be to take it out of spec, but knowingly, taking it out of spec, would void the warranty, so they can’t do it. Apparently it’s just known to do this, so I have to deal with it?

2. Mark Levinson stereo, I have no clue if it sounds good, every time I turn it up another speaker rattles and sounds blown, tis very irritating, but they do always seem to fix whatever speaker is impacted. I will be picking the car up from the dealership again tomorrow as they are “tightening” another bracket for speaker issue 5.

3. they are charging me over $100 to put my old tires back on, just so I can turn around and sell the car. I can’t even get them to give me a discount on tire mounting to get rid of it Lol

Am I the only person who has been burned by these GX 460’s?

Ironically, I realize my issues are not lemon law qualifiers, but this is not a Stellantis product for Christ’s sake it’s Lexus 😂

Old 09-20-23, 07:21 PM
ASE
Pole Position

Received 1,028 Likes on 686 Posts

First year release ... not worth the "teething problems" ... always wait until the Second year. On the inverse ... final model production sometimes degrades as parts inventories are depleted ... and production priority leans in the new model direction. Did not think Lexus would fall into the latter, but the 2023 complaints seem to be adding up.
Wombat78 (09-20-23)
Old 09-23-23, 03:45 AM
Zenvo
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat78

Is there anyone out there who has only 500 miles on their brand new Lexus GX 460 and hates it?

1. Steering wheel was off center and pulled to the right. 3 dealerships and 4 alignments later steering wheel finally centered yet still pulls to the right. Lexus is saying that the only way to keep it from drifting to the right would be to take it out of spec, but knowingly, taking it out of spec, would void the warranty, so they can’t do it. Apparently it’s just known to do this, so I have to deal with it?

2. Mark Levinson stereo, I have no clue if it sounds good, every time I turn it up another speaker rattles and sounds blown, tis very irritating, but they do always seem to fix whatever speaker is impacted. I will be picking the car up from the dealership again tomorrow as they are “tightening” another bracket for speaker issue 5.

3. they are charging me over $100 to put my old tires back on, just so I can turn around and sell the car. I can’t even get them to give me a discount on tire mounting to get rid of it Lol

Ironically, I realize my issues are not lemon law qualifiers, but this is not a Stellantis product for Christ’s sake it’s Lexus 😂

2010-2023 Lexus GX460 Lean Fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1saaj0GfLdg&t=151s
pacnwatx (09-24-23)
Old 09-23-23, 06:12 AM
SpudsMcD
Pit Crew

No, I bought mine new 10 days ago and have put 300 miles on it. I love it. It's one of the coolest vehicles I've ever driven. Your situation sounds very strange. Both the alignment and stereo issues should have been realized during a thorough test drive, before you bought the vehicle. I test drove a unit with the Levinson and thought it sounded really good. I ended up buying one without the Levinson because there were zero units in SoCal with white exterior, black interior, Levinson, and dark wheels. Anyway, what's with the new tires? Why did you change the tires so soon? If you changed to off-roading tires I would suspect that you did some off-roading that resulted in the alignment issue, or that the new tires are somehow the cause of the alignment issue. I hope you are able to resolve your situation in a way that makes you happy, but I'm also glad you won't be around to denigrate the brand. I've owned many Lexus vehicles, and many other brands including a McLaren, and I was an automotive engineer with Siemens. You won't find a better engineered and built vehicle than Lexus.
Old 09-23-23, 07:46 AM
Wombat78
5th Gear

Originally Posted by SpudsMcD
No, I bought mine new 10 days ago and have put 300 miles on it. I love it. It's one of the coolest vehicles I've ever driven. Your situation sounds very strange. Both the alignment and stereo issues should have been realized during a thorough test drive, before you bought the vehicle. I test drove a unit with the Levinson and thought it sounded really good. I ended up buying one without the Levinson because there were zero units in SoCal with white exterior, black interior, Levinson, and dark wheels. Anyway, what's with the new tires? Why did you change the tires so soon? If you changed to off-roading tires I would suspect that you did some off-roading that resulted in the alignment issue, or that the new tires are somehow the cause of the alignment issue. I hope you are able to resolve your situation in a way that makes you happy, but I'm also glad you won't be around to denigrate the brand. I've owned many Lexus vehicles, and many other brands including a McLaren, and I was an automotive engineer with Siemens. You won't find a better engineered and built vehicle than Lexus.
I can’t argue with the logic of identifying the alignment and stereo issues during the test drive.. stereo did not happen until about 200 miles in, and just randomly started rattling everywhere. As for the alignment, I think I chalked it up to the cross slope during the test run.

And you are correct the tire change was immediate for OH use, but are not factors in either or any of the issues.

Your last comment makes you seem pretentious, don’t do that. I have had a few people here IM me to help the situation and share their experiences, but they won’t say anything here in the forum for the same reason my post was buried and you saying bullish statements.

I buy things for a purpose and expect them to work, when it doesn’t or becomes a headache I move on and find something that does. My statement about this car is no different than my opinion of my experience with an iPhone 11.
Old 09-23-23, 08:18 AM
SpudsMcD
Pit Crew

I can’t argue with the logic of identifying the alignment and stereo issues during the test drive.. stereo did not happen until about 200 miles in, and just randomly started rattling everywhere. As for the alignment, I think I chalked it up to the cross slope during the test run.

And you are correct the tire change was immediate for OH use, but are not factors in either or any of the issues.

Your last comment makes you seem pretentious, don’t do that. I have had a few people here IM me to help the situation and share their experiences, but they won’t say anything here in the forum for the same reason my post was buried and you saying bullish statements.

I buy things for a purpose and expect them to work, when it doesn’t or becomes a headache I move on and find something that does. My statement about this car is no different than my opinion of my experience with an iPhone 11.
You know, it just occurred to me that really aggressive off-road use could also cause the speakers to come loose from their mountings, or to at least rattle as you describe. The GX is not a Raptor; it's not built for that level of abuse.
Wombat78 (09-23-23)
Old 09-23-23, 09:13 AM
Wombat78
5th Gear

Originally Posted by SpudsMcD
You know, it just occurred to me that really aggressive off-road use could also cause the speakers to come loose from their mountings, or to at least rattle as you describe. The GX is not a Raptor; it's not built for that level of abuse.
Very true! But I was still breaking in the engine, so no off roading had occurred yet. It is a strong proven drivetrain, just might have gotten a last year problem child.

Funny you mentioned the raptor, that was on the shortlist after I sold my Defender. Those stinkers are wide! I test drove the 37 package , it’s an absolute beast
Old 09-23-23, 12:13 PM
m5rahul
Intermediate

Received 104 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by BillK01
Here in the Pittsburgh area we have 2 Lexus dealers (owned by the same company) and they won't budge off sticker.
If you're willing to cross state lines for a deal.. check out Lexus of Sarasota ( FL ) .. $4k average off of sticker.

https://www.lexusofsarasota.com/new-vehicles/gx/
Old 09-26-23, 04:16 PM
Elipscombs
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 23 Gx, Luxury vs Premium Plus

Hello everyone,

we are ready to pull the trigger on a 23. For those that have driven or owned both, how much better is the Luxury vs the premium plus? Is the real leather, seat comfort, and over ride and drive quality much better on the Luxury? Please share your thoughts
Old 09-27-23, 09:43 AM
chibbyy
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Have an '18 Luxury and recently test drove a '23 Premium+

AVS and air suspension in the '18 definitely more 'supple' and comfortable than the '23. I do think with time I could acclimate to the '23 but driving them back-to-back like that the difference was noticeable.

Of course if you're planning on lifting your GX at all just get the Premium+ as you'll toss AVS out the window and convert from air suspension to springs anyway.

'18 seats were the slightest more comfortable but I'd be happy with either
E3PO (10-08-23)

Quick Reply: 2023 Discussion