GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022-2023 GX Infotainment Questions, Problems, Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-22, 05:32 AM
rdfish1
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Has the 2022 Infotainment Center glitches

Has the 2022 Infotainment Center proven to be trouble free so far? I know the old one was criticized for being outdated so the 2022 is certainly a step in the right direction but I’m wondering if it has been as reliable so far as the old generation or whether people are experiencing glitches since it’s new and updated
Old 03-22-22, 07:10 AM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Received 207 Likes on 115 Posts

None so far. People who have a legit (even petty) complaints will be the loudest and I haven't heard any yet so far. So, none from my experience (I've owned mine since last October) and none in these forums or in the interwebs.
Old 03-22-22, 10:05 AM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 47 Posts

Had my GX for a little over a month - no glitches on the 2022 infotainment center.
Old 03-22-22, 12:47 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

I have had my GX for 3 1/2 months and no glitches on the infotainment screen.
Old 03-23-22, 06:39 AM
machine323
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

we have the wifi plan and sometimes it is discoverable upon startup and sometimes it isnt. that really sucks cause you cannot turn it on in motion, you have to be fully stopped to access the button. i really hate that I cannot do everything on the screen instead of using the damn trackpad. i don't understand why some of the screens you cannot toggle down with on the screen and have to use the trackpad. my waze has been unresponsive sometimes with updating the location. we have to go onto the phone and restart it.
Old 03-23-22, 01:29 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

I've had the audio switch off of USB for an unknown reason once or twice since I got it in November.

The only other "glitch" I noticed is that if you have a thumb drive plugged in and then plug a phone in the thumb drive is no longer available for selection. That one kind of surprised me since I figured it'd just treat the USB devices like a computer would so you could have multiple hooked up at the same time.
Old 04-04-22, 07:35 PM
ckennedy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SEELEXUS
I finished trimming the “test” Photodon.com 10.3” screen protector (I ordered two).

Trimmed the long edge. Started at about 1/16” of inch cut off and then eyeballed it on the Lexus screen. Took a bit more off and the result is in the pictures - where I have the screen protector sitting on plastic trim (it is not mounted on the Lexus screen). Looks like it should be an acceptable fit. You’ll want a very straight cut edge - I have a rototrim cutter which made that easy to accomplish.

I haven’t had time to do all the prep work on the Lexus screen (cleaning and dust removal) and I haven’t installed the screen protector yet. Possibly sometime this week.

Trimmed Photodon.com IS350 screen protector test

Top right corner

Trimmed screen protector on top of untrimmed screen protector showing amount of cut/reduction
any chance you’d want to make another one and I’ll buy it (plus your time and shipping)? I’m scared to unwrap mine…

Old 04-05-22, 09:55 AM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 47 Posts

ckennedy,

It’s really easy to do with a rototrim device. Give your local FedEx Office, formerly known here as Kinkos, a call and ask them if they have a Dahle cutter/trimmerl or Rototrim on premise. Likely they have one or something similar. See if they will let you use their cutter or ask them to cut it for you. If you take your GX, you can cut off incremental amounts and go outside, after a trim, to see if it lines up with the top of the display.

As insurance for goofs, buy two of the covers (that’s what I did) - mess up one and you still have one left.

It’s really easy to do. Really easy.

Another option: sharp box cutter and a solid straight edge.

Best of luck.
Old 04-07-22, 07:55 PM
bl4d3z
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2022 Infotainment installation into older model?

Has anyone tried or thought of installing 2022 infotainment system to older model?
Old 04-08-22, 06:22 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 987 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by bl4d3z
Has anyone tried or thought of installing 2022 infotainment system to older model?
It most likely won’t work. The Main ECU and Driver Support ECU, as well as few other components are all different, which leads to CAN bus communication and harnesses will needs to be changed. It will not be practical, and cost preventive.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (04-08-22)
Old 04-08-22, 04:42 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,673 Likes on 2,403 Posts

hzhao... agreed... almost like trying to retrofit a '14-'19 infotainment into a '10-'13 model

Old 04-08-22, 07:54 PM
HedgeFund
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

I've recently seen an aftermarket version that looks similar to a new model stylewise and costs around $1100-$1200. It uses the android system and has a Apple CarPlay. Has anyone seen this or has tried it out yet? I was considering getting it, but it seems the color of the plastic may not be a perfect match with the OEM panel.

Old 04-08-22, 08:57 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by HedgeFund
I've recently seen an aftermarket version that looks similar to a new model stylewise and costs around $1100-$1200. It uses the android system and has a Apple CarPlay. Has anyone seen this or has tried it out yet? I was considering getting it, but it seems the color of the plastic may not be a perfect match with the OEM panel.
I have seen those after market units on Aliexpress, mainly from those Chinese suppliers. From all I can tell, it is another variation from most ones that few of us have been retrofitted with only difference those units that replace the display, will also replace the entire radio functions just like those Tasha style unit. And the entire bottom of half audio control will become totally useless. That is why you see the duplicated ***** for the volumes and turns right below the vents. In addition, I am not sure that replaced potion of A/C will work properly, especially in terms of display and regulate in F for Norther America. That was the case for those Tesla style unit, the A/C function just not working properly. In general, I choose to stay away from anything that will replace any OEM components and prefer add-on when related to third party products. I have tried Tesla style unit, but at the end, I selected Lsailt add on solution that will not alter any OEM looks and functions, and serve the practical purposes for the most part.

Just my two cent for sharing.
Old 06-11-22, 02:29 PM
MilesBlair
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Audio Question

We purchased a 2022 GX six weeks ago and cannot seem to get the Audio system to unlock so that we can select different albums from our iPod. It will only play what is selected, and when the car is in Drive mode, the Audio is locked. Even a passenger cannot browse.

We have contacted the dealer and the Technology department several times but they have not responded 😕. The online tutorials and the Navigation System handbook does not address the issue.

Is there some sort of factory safety setting we need to disable?

Thanks 🙂
Old 06-11-22, 03:23 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by MilesBlair
We purchased a 2022 GX six weeks ago and cannot seem to get the Audio system to unlock so that we can select different albums from our iPod. It will only play what is selected, and when the car is in Drive mode, the Audio is locked. Even a passenger cannot browse.

We have contacted the dealer and the Technology department several times but they have not responded 😕. The online tutorials and the Navigation System handbook does not address the issue.

Is there some sort of factory safety setting we need to disable?

Thanks 🙂
Have you check your iPod setting? Assumed that you have the iPod Touch, when you first connected, you should see the message on your iPod to ask if you “Trust” this device (meaning the GX). You will need to select “Trust” in order for GX to be able to control the iPod. You can also check the iPod setting under Privacy as well.

Quick Reply: 2022-2023 GX Infotainment Questions, Problems, Concerns