GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022-2023 GX Infotainment Questions, Problems, Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-22, 09:27 PM
nyctfl
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
I have seen those after market units on Aliexpress, mainly from those Chinese suppliers. From all I can tell, it is another variation from most ones that few of us have been retrofitted with only difference those units that replace the display, will also replace the entire radio functions just like those Tasha style unit. And the entire bottom of half audio control will become totally useless. That is why you see the duplicated ***** for the volumes and turns right below the vents. In addition, I am not sure that replaced potion of A/C will work properly, especially in terms of display and regulate in F for Norther America. That was the case for those Tesla style unit, the A/C function just not working properly. In general, I choose to stay away from anything that will replace any OEM components and prefer add-on when related to third party products. I have tried Tesla style unit, but at the end, I selected Lsailt add on solution that will not alter any OEM looks and functions, and serve the practical purposes for the most part.

Just my two cent for sharing.
Another issue to consider - I stopped in at a local, well respected audio shop and asked about aftermarket options (I have a 2012 Premium with Mark Levinson). In addition to the loss of functionality, i.e. steering wheel buttons and the like, I was told that the factory unit runs at approx. 4 volts. The aftermarket ones like Degrom V-Line run at 2-3 volts, which ends up giving you poor sound quality. He told me they would install it were I to purchase such a unit and bring it in but wanted me to be aware of the poorer sound quality. Speaking for myself, I don't consider gaining Android Auto/Apple CarPlay but losing sound quality as a fair trade.
Old 06-11-22, 10:56 PM
MilesBlair
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Issue

Thank you for the reply
Yes, the iPod is connected correctly to the GX and is recognized.
When the vehicle is moving, the Browse feature is locked, it is only accessible when the vehicle is stopped (like at a light) or in Park. We’ll select an album to listen to, but when it’s done,mit just repeats, we do not have the option to select anything else.

Originally Posted by hzhao
Have you check your iPod setting? Assumed that you have the iPod Touch, when you first connected, you should see the message on your iPod to ask if you “Trust” this device (meaning the GX). You will need to select “Trust” in order for GX to be able to control the iPod. You can also check the iPod setting under Privacy as well.
Old 06-21-22, 03:04 PM
Nickk6
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Just wanted to update this thread...photodon now has them available for 2022 GX. I just ordered mine, will update when I get a chance:
https://www.photodon.com/p/3466-01.html
The following 2 users liked this post by Nickk6:
Seanzky (06-21-22), SEELEXUS (06-21-22)
Old 06-21-22, 07:27 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickk6
Just wanted to update this thread...photodon now has them available for 2022 GX. I just ordered mine, will update when I get a chance:
https://www.photodon.com/p/3466-01.html
What options did you go with?
Old 06-22-22, 06:20 AM
pete22
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlficken
What options did you go with?
following also
Old 06-22-22, 09:54 AM
Scav1180
5th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Purchased and got the 50% Anti glare
Old 06-23-22, 11:45 AM
vizsla
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a photodon screen protector on my 2016 Honda pilot. Worked great. Easy to clean, sealed great. Nothing got under it or any peeling. A little bubble would appear when the temps hit zero or below but would go away when it warmed up. I had first ordered the anti-glare screen. Tried the test strip they sent. Did not like it. Exchanged it for the 6HS, which they don't make anymore.

Just ordered the HSC protector for the 22 GX. Nice that they had the size already made. Thanks to whomever got them the correct info.
Old 06-27-22, 01:53 PM
mikezat
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Question 2022 GX 460 Anti-Glare Screen Protection

Hi! I see the Anti-Glare Screen Protection option is available for $20 on many Lexus sites along with Alloy Wheel Locks or Exhaust Tip. For example,
https://direct.lexusofbrooklyn.com/e...gedOpts%3Atrue

Does anybody know what Part Number it is? Has anybody found an alternative or aftermarket?

Has anyone installed some sort of a protector over what I find useless mouse pad?

Your input is greatly appreciated in advance.

Mike
Old 10-07-22, 03:09 PM
BillWill87
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Settings not applying issue (Any help is appreciated)

Hey team,

My 22' GX is lovely but a few issue that are concerning me.
I've done the Auto-Fold Mirror + Changed the underseat lights with LED lights.
My issue is that when I change some settings in the Menu from my GX, for instance to turn off DRL or to configure so that head lights won't turn on when unlocking the doors, if I switch it to come back on it won't work. It seems to be that turning the features off works but turning it back on won't overwrite it for some reason.

When I took it to the dealer they mentioned that the voltage is weird and this is due to the LED lights that I've installed in my underseats they believe. Because their hardware that supposed to overwrite is also not working. I hardly believe this is due to the voltage but I'm no expert either and I wanted to get any second opinion because they apparently won't be able to tell unless the underseat lights are changed back to OEM.
Old 10-31-22, 08:11 PM
Renew
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swapping 2023 stereo into an older GX

What does it take to swap the new 2023 center console and entertainment system into an older say a 2017 or 2019 GX? Anything can be done, but how hard is it? What parts need to be sourced? I know other makes you can swap newer into older and maybe only due an OBD flash.

My initial thought was find a wrecked 2022/23 to source parts. Can you just plug and play the new unit into the old wiring? or what needs to be changed or updated?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-31-22, 10:02 PM
MrTorgue
Instructor

Received 354 Likes on 235 Posts

Never gonna happen unfortunately. You’ll need more than just the hardware. You’ll need to completely create a custom wiring harness, adapt the CANBUS, and lastly reprogram the BCM. And after all of that it’s not even a guarantee it’ll still fully function if at all.
Old 10-31-22, 10:04 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I can’t imagine anyone has tried that just yet, but from what I’ve seen across other models, even with small changes the swap generally runs across a number of issues from wiring being pinned differently to missing or incompatible sensors. The 22 change was the most significant across all the years of the model, so can’t imagine it being a straight forward swap. Would likely need some middle component to interconnect old with new.

Maybe someone has and will chime in. Should be interesting.
Old 11-01-22, 07:13 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 987 Likes on 571 Posts

For sure it will not work. Besides, Toyota ECUs are non-programmable, and your are looking at replace many ECUs and other associated components. It is just simply impractical.
Old 11-01-22, 09:11 AM
bob58
Driver

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

The only way to get the 2022+ infotainment system in a GX460 is to buy a 2022+ GX460.
The following 2 users liked this post by bob58:
darkoozy (01-01-23), jlficken (11-01-22)
Old 11-06-22, 05:03 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,673 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue?

Quick Reply: 2022-2023 GX Infotainment Questions, Problems, Concerns