GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022-2023 GX Infotainment Questions, Problems, Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-23, 05:57 PM
box986
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Android Auto in 22 & 23s, Waze question

2023 with Android Auto, phone plugged in using Waze on the screen: I used to be able to stay in Waze when speaking navigation requests from the PTT steering wheel button. But now the screen (& voice) switches back to Lexus navigation. Any idea how to stay in Waze on the screen while using the cars voice command button?

Thanks!

Last edited by box986; 04-19-23 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-19-23, 05:15 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Which Lexus model before this one didn't default to the nav screen on start up?
I have own several going back to 2014 and all of them did this.
I have not own the GX before this one with the newer gen entertainment. The previous one's was a very old system (pre 2009?) which may explain things.
Old 04-19-23, 08:25 AM
ScaldedDog
Pit Crew

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by box986
2023 with Android Auto, phone plugged in using Waze on the screen: I used to be able to stay in Waze when speaking navigation requests from the PTT steering wheel button. But now the screen (& voice) switches back to Lexus navigation. Any idea how to stay in Waze on the screen while using the cars voice command button?

Thanks!
Does it do the same thing if you have Google maps up and use voice command? FWIW, I use Google Maps and have not seen this issue, either wired or with my AA wireless adapter (which I love, BTW).

Mark
Old 04-19-23, 09:11 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, that may have been due to the recent Android auto updates vs anything Lexus related.
I would maybe try posting the question on another car forum to verify.
Remember Waze is owned by Google and now that Bardin left Waze in 2021, the plan is to eventually integrate Waze into google maps.
The following 2 users liked this post by bootman:
box986 (04-19-23), Peacebay (04-20-23)
Old 04-20-23, 06:31 AM
box986
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaldedDog
either wired or with my AA wireless adapter (which I love, BTW).
Mark
What adapter are you using with your Android?
Old 04-20-23, 01:00 PM
ScaldedDog
Pit Crew

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by box986
What adapter are you using with your Android?
This one:
Amazon.com: Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter - Instant Connection from Smartphone to Car Screen with Easy Setup - Direct Plug-in USB Adapter - Secure Gel Pad Included : Electronics Amazon.com: Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter - Instant Connection from Smartphone to Car Screen with Easy Setup - Direct Plug-in USB Adapter - Secure Gel Pad Included : Electronics
It works great. Not quite as fast connecting as native wireless AA, and it won't connect without intervention if the car is running when you get into it with your phone (e.g. when a valet brings you your car), but has otherwise been flawless.

Mark
The following users liked this post:
box986 (04-20-23)
Old 06-18-23, 05:29 PM
DSMinATL
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

My wife has been having a number of issues with our 2022 when connecting her iPhone 12 running the latest iOS:
  • If she plugs in her phone within a minute or two of starting the car, the audio turns off completely. The only way to restore audio is to unplug and reconnect the phone. If she waits 5+ minutes before plugging in the phone, it doesn’t happen.
  • Last week she plugged in her phone and when she tried to turn on music, the screen displayed “phone call in progress” and it wouldn’t allow music to play. She had to do a hard reset (press and hold volume ****) to get the message to go away.
I’m wondering if there is an issue with the latest iOS version. Is there a way to check for updates to the software/firmware of the infotainment without visiting a dealer?
The following users liked this post:
dbj2015 (11-08-23)
Old 06-19-23, 06:34 AM
Hrocks
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaldedDog
This one: Amazon.com: Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter - Instant Connection from Smartphone to Car Screen with Easy Setup - Direct Plug-in USB Adapter - Secure Gel Pad Included : Electronics
It works great. Not quite as fast connecting as native wireless AA, and it won't connect without intervention if the car is running when you get into it with your phone (e.g. when a valet brings you your car), but has otherwise been flawless.

Mark
Do you know if there's a wireless adapter for Apple?
Old 06-20-23, 06:31 AM
SEELEXUS
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 47 Posts

DSMinATL,

I can't say I've seen bullet #1 happen.

I have seen the audio automatically start playing when: I plug in iPhone first and then start car (I believe this only happens if I didn't turn the audio off prior to shutting my car off -- in my previous drive).

For bullet #2, if memory serves me correctly, this happens to me when: I start the car, begin driving, then plug in the iPhone while the car is in motion (and leave the car infotainment in default map mode vs swapping over to Apple CarPlay mode).

Best
Old 07-29-23, 11:57 AM
Cvc
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Aux video input on 2022?

Was wondering if anyone had insight into whether or not it was possible to run an aux video feed into the front display. Thought this was an option on previous years.
Old 08-18-23, 10:55 PM
sky001
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low screen refresh rate flicker on ‘22+ infotainment screen

Just got a ‘23 GX460 and I noticed the screen has low refresh rate flicker that is very noticeable looking at dead center head on and less noticeable from certain angles like from the corner of your eye (in your peripheral vision while driving)

it seems unlikely that Lexus would use such a cheap screen with a low refresh rate (<50hz) so maybe I have a defective unit.

Anyone else notice this?
Old 08-19-23, 10:16 AM
Lagtime
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a '23 and and have not noticed that at all. I'll pay more attention next time out.
Old 08-19-23, 10:25 AM
sky001
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Lagtime
I have a '23 and and have not noticed that at all. I'll pay more attention next time out.
Thanks man. I’ve been experimenting with brightness levels to see how it changes.
Old 08-20-23, 08:29 AM
gfcipriani
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Never had any “flicker” with my 2022 GX. Have the dealership take a look… covered under warranty
Old 10-04-23, 01:22 PM
QBNGX
1st Gear

Default Android Auto and Vehicle Music issues

Hi all! I'm fairly new to the forum. I recently purchased a 2022 460 GX and having issues with Android Auto and listening to either the radio or Sirius. It seems that if I am listening to the radio (AM/FM) or Sirius and I select Android Auto as the source, it will not let me listen to the vehicle radio. This just seems so counterintuitive! Am I missing something as far as the settings are concerned? If I then select either AM/FM or Sirius as the source, it disconnects Android Auto. Has anyone experienced this or steer me in the right direction? I have a Jeep JL and when it connects with Android Auto, the current vehicle music source continues to play.

Quick Reply: 2022-2023 GX Infotainment Questions, Problems, Concerns