GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Random: Any cool OEM parts/Accessories you must have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-22, 03:00 PM
Mark2015
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Random: Any cool OEM parts/Accessories you must have?

I have a 2015 GX Premium.

Are there any must have OEM parts, accessories or doodads I should get? I have some credit with a lexis parts department (long story) and want to use it up.

It can be large or small...any ideas?

Thanks!
Mark
Old 03-07-22, 05:15 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

If your roof rails don't have cross bars, that would be a nice accessory. You never know when you might need to carry some lumber from Home DePot, Christmas tree, etc. I think SUV's look a little wimpy without cross bars. Of course another accessory would be a trailer hitch. At the moment Lexus has a hold on their hitches but maybe they could give you a rain check for when they become available again. All weather mats is another accessory that is nice.
The following users liked this post:
Mark2015 (12-13-22)
Old 03-07-22, 05:25 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Seeing you have a '15 you can add crawl and MTS

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...elect-mts.html

https://lexusgxor.com/mods:body?s[]=crawl
The following 2 users liked this post by Acrad:
nuclearn8 (03-08-22), Seanzky (03-07-22)
Old 03-07-22, 07:34 PM
Seanzky
Intermediate

Received 206 Likes on 115 Posts

To me the best addition right off the bat are the floor liners. WeatherTech, Husky, etc.
Old 03-08-22, 06:05 AM
Mark2015
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Acrad
That's really cool! This is my wifes car at the moment but if I end up making it my DD eventually I'll do this.

Great suggestion; this is the kind of stuff I'm looking for.
Thanks.
Old 03-08-22, 06:06 AM
Mark2015
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Seanzky
To me the best addition right off the bat are the floor liners. WeatherTech, Husky, etc.
I have the OEM all-weather mats front to rear and I really like 'em so far.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
AirForce8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-08-22, 06:08 AM
Mark2015
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
If your roof rails don't have cross bars, that would be a nice accessory. You never know when you might need to carry some lumber from Home DePot, Christmas tree, etc. I think SUV's look a little wimpy without cross bars. Of course another accessory would be a trailer hitch. At the moment Lexus has a hold on their hitches but maybe they could give you a rain check for when they become available again. All weather mats is another accessory that is nice.
The roof rails are intriguing actually. I checked the dealers parts site and they don't list rails for the 2015 for some odd reason. I'll shoot 'em a email and ask though.

I have the OEM tow package and will in fact be doing some light towing from time to time.
Thanks.
Old 03-09-22, 06:52 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 591 Likes on 358 Posts

depends on your definition of "cool".... I think the OEM transmission cooler is "cool" literally and figuratively...
I also think the full length gas tank skid is cool but again something no one sees, but that's probably why I like them... because I know the vehicle is better protected yet appears stock.

plus I think if it's your wife's daily driver, like ours, the oem transmission cooler is a must in my opinion... my wife has a tendency to idle for a long time outside stores (For random reasons) and that's not goo juju for transmission fluid temp and longevity.
Acrad (03-09-22)
Old 03-09-22, 07:57 AM
Mark2015
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nuclearn8
depends on your definition of "cool".... I think the OEM transmission cooler is "cool" literally and figuratively...
I also think the full length gas tank skid is cool but again something no one sees, but that's probably why I like them... because I know the vehicle is better protected yet appears stock.

plus I think if it's your wife's daily driver, like ours, the oem transmission cooler is a must in my opinion... my wife has a tendency to idle for a long time outside stores (For random reasons) and that's not goo juju for transmission fluid temp and longevity.
Yeah, those fit the "cool" label haha.
Do you happen to have any idea if the OEM tow package includes a trans cooler? The car isn't here at the moment for me to peek and see if it has one. If not, is the install a major pain? The skip plate sounds awesome too. Once I take it as my car it may see some offroad from time to time (and maybe a little bit before that too).

Thanks.
Mark
Old 03-09-22, 02:26 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

In "US market" the only models with the stock external AT cooler are the '20+ Luxury w/off-road package
Old 03-09-22, 06:32 PM
phile
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I installed MTS & CC on my ‘16 lux. I’ve yet to use either. just wanted to install them.
Old 03-09-22, 06:53 PM
ukcats
Driver

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts

The GX is available with the Console Vault, but mine didn’t come with it, so I added it myself. Should be available from the parts department. Very useful for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by ukcats:
Seanzky (03-11-22), SEELEXUS (03-10-22)
Old 03-10-22, 10:56 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 591 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark2015
Yeah, those fit the "cool" label haha.
Do you happen to have any idea if the OEM tow package includes a trans cooler? The car isn't here at the moment for me to peek and see if it has one. If not, is the install a major pain? The skip plate sounds awesome too. Once I take it as my car it may see some offroad from time to time (and maybe a little bit before that too).

Thanks.
Mark
search the 4runner forums... or your local craigslist.. you can usually find a full length oem gas tank skid for under $150 by someone who owns a 4Runner offroad model that is putting on aftermarket skids.... how I got mine.. super easy and cheap mod. it's the same gas tank and part number... you just need a single 8x.1.25 ss bolt and washer to mount into the existing body retainer that's on the GX for the rear of it skid.

The following 2 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
IanB2 (03-11-22), The Ikon (03-10-22)
Old 03-10-22, 11:13 AM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

does it take up the entire center console?
Old 03-10-22, 12:37 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearn8
search the 4runner forums... or your local craigslist.. you can usually find a full length oem gas tank skid for under $150 by someone who owns a 4Runner offroad model that is putting on aftermarket skids.... how I got mine.. super easy and cheap mod. it's the same gas tank and part number... you just need a single 8x.1.25 ss bolt and washer to mount into the existing body retainer that's on the GX for the rear of it skid.
Thats a kool ideal..! Got a pix of yours?

Quick Reply: Random: Any cool OEM parts/Accessories you must have?