GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Cell Phone Calling Unknown Party

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-22, 02:38 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Cell Phone Calling Unknown Party

Got in my GX today and I guess I butt dialed an unknown party as that is what popped up on my infotainment screen. On the screen I touched the hang up option and my radio resumed its broadcast. Then I got the same screen that I was trying to call an unknown party again. This time I used the telephone hang-up button on the steering wheel. Again, my radio resumed the broadcast and again the black screen came up saying my phone was trying to call an unknown party. I finally pulled over and parked and turned the engine off and then restarted the GX. my radio started playing music again but then the same screen popped up again about calling an unknown number. I finally turned off my phone. Got out of the GX, got back in, restarted the engine and everything was back to normal. Turned my phone back on and everything again was still normal. Can anyone explain what happened?
Old 05-20-22, 04:56 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 860 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
Got in my GX today and I guess I butt dialed an unknown party as that is what popped up on my infotainment screen. On the screen I touched the hang up option and my radio resumed its broadcast. Then I got the same screen that I was trying to call an unknown party again. This time I used the telephone hang-up button on the steering wheel. Again, my radio resumed the broadcast and again the black screen came up saying my phone was trying to call an unknown party. I finally pulled over and parked and turned the engine off and then restarted the GX. my radio started playing music again but then the same screen popped up again about calling an unknown number. I finally turned off my phone. Got out of the GX, got back in, restarted the engine and everything was back to normal. Turned my phone back on and everything again was still normal. Can anyone explain what happened?
Sounds more like a phone issue, not the GX?
Old 05-20-22, 05:03 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
It’s a typical Bluetooth issue that did not initiate proper connection with the “handset” profile, there are many causes could result that. The simplest way to resolve that is to turn off the Bluetooth function on your phone, than re-enable the Bluetooth, that will re-initial the connection, or as you have done to restart your phone. Those type of situation do not happen often, but depends on how many other application that are using the Bluetooth function with various profiles for different applications, certain conflicts may result the Bluetooth handshake to break. Unless it happened constantly, nothing to worry about.
The following users liked this post:
catdaddylo (05-21-22)
Old 05-20-22, 05:19 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
It’s a typical Bluetooth issue that did not initiate proper connection with the “handset” profile, there are many causes could result that. The simplest way to resolve that is to turn off the Bluetooth function on your phone, than re-enable the Bluetooth, that will re-initial the connection, or as you have done to restart your phone. Those type of situation do not happen often, but depends on how many other application that are using the Bluetooth function with various profiles for different applications, certain conflicts may result the Bluetooth handshake to break. Unless it happened constantly, nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the information. Before I got into my GX, I put my phone in my left front pocket and it felt very tight against my thigh. I guess the pressure somehow activated my phone. If it ever happens again I will do as you suggested and just turn off my Bluetooth. It was driving me crazy that I kept getting a black screen with the same message no matter what I tried to do. Also it could have created a dangerous situation as I was taking my eye off the road trying to read the message I was getting. I didn't have far to drive so I just decided to wait and try to figure out how to get out of this problem after I parked. I knew it was probably my phone and not the infotainment system but I never even thought about the Bluetooth connection. Thanks again for both of you responding to this weird issue.
Old 05-21-22, 04:35 AM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

I get the same message when prompts from Waze come over Bluetooth to interrupt the regular radio. It’s possible that you inadvertently opened up an app that uses Bluetooth.
The following users liked this post:
catdaddylo (05-21-22)