GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Beat-Sonic LGVIF-CB4W Wireless S-Connect Interface for 2010-2021 Lexus GX 460 w/nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-24, 09:22 PM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 524 Likes on 436 Posts

Installed the Beatsonic wireless system the other night, took a couple of hours, thanks to fantastic walk though video's from Beatsonic, and GXBob that really took the mystery out of interior disassembly, and wiring routing, etc and kept me from breaking stuff! Great resources for DIYers!

My first impressions: it connects fast (Carplay), I feel like the head unit booting up is the bottleneck as it's ready to go when you hit the nav button, so that's great. Audio quality sounds excellent, spotify works seamlessly, waze does what it should, and phone call quality is pretty good as well! It's dead simple, my wife understands how to make it work and I will never ever get a phonecall about it, it's just like OEM.

And I haven't had to reboot it and I never will. And I still have my glovebox. It's everything I wished my old GROM would do.

I'm interested to see how it handles 2 paired phones being around at the same time...does it support multiple connections?
The following users liked this post:
bob58 (03-01-24)
Old 03-02-24, 08:40 PM
kpz1234
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey everyone, I thought I would bite off more than I should chew by combining the BeatSonic install with the Crawl Control and MTS swaps. I didn't make it all the way through, unfortunately. After installing the BeatSonic, two things happened: I couldn't get the BeatSonic to show an "aux" or "usb" tab on the Nav / audio screen, and my hazard lights started flashing w/no noise, and won't stop regardless of what I do (except when I disconnect the battery). I think the dip switch may be out of place, but other than that, I have no idea why it's not working. Also if I have my phone wired to the USB, it will charge, but when I try to watch a video or call someone, there's no sound. Any ideas?
I did get the Crawl Control active. I was planning to finish up the MTS swap before I screwed it all back together. Also odd - haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere - my nav was held in by 4 bolts, not just 2.

ETA - 2013 GX
Old 03-02-24, 09:51 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kpz1234
Hey everyone, I thought I would bite off more than I should chew by combining the BeatSonic install with the Crawl Control and MTS swaps. I didn't make it all the way through, unfortunately. After installing the BeatSonic, two things happened: I couldn't get the BeatSonic to show an "aux" or "usb" tab on the Nav / audio screen, and my hazard lights started flashing w/no noise, and won't stop regardless of what I do (except when I disconnect the battery). I think the dip switch may be out of place, but other than that, I have no idea why it's not working. Also if I have my phone wired to the USB, it will charge, but when I try to watch a video or call someone, there's no sound. Any ideas?
I did get the Crawl Control active. I was planning to finish up the MTS swap before I screwed it all back together. Also odd - haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere - my nav was held in by 4 bolts, not just 2.

ETA - 2013 GX
Sounds like something was not connected correctly. It does not sound like a dip switch configuration issue. Would you send us photos of all your connections to info@beatsonicusa.com so that we can review your installation?

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
kpz1234 (03-03-24)
Old 03-03-24, 09:23 AM
kpz1234
10th Gear

Originally Posted by BeatSonic
Sounds like something was not connected correctly. It does not sound like a dip switch configuration issue. Would you send us photos of all your connections to info@beatsonicusa.com so that we can review your installation?
No need - I went back through all the connections this morning and it looks like one of the white plugs to the nav system wasn't locked in and came loose. I guess my car thought I was trying to steal the navigation system. Thanks!
Acrad (03-03-24)
Old 03-03-24, 11:35 AM
kpz1234
10th Gear

@BeatSonic, three follow up questions:

1. My Carplay audio is significantly lower in volume than my radio audio; for example, I normally listen to the radio at volume level 20 or 25. When listening to Carplay/Pandora, I had to put it to level 40 to equal what I get from the stereo at 20. tried to raise the system audio in the settings but it looks like the main volume is capped out at level 30. Is there a way to correct this?
2. When reversing and then going into drive, it switches from the back up camera to the setting screen, and I have to hit the Audio button to go back to Carplay. Is this normal? (not a big deal, just asking).
3. Just confirming the factory USB port is no longer active (I routed your cable through that opening into the center console).

Thanks again for your responses.

Last edited by kpz1234; 03-03-24 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added question
ListIt (03-03-24)
Old 03-03-24, 06:28 PM
ListIt
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there anyone in south west flroida region who can install this thing for me? I’m not mechanically inclined at all and would f it up lol. I’m located in Sarasota and just picked up a 2021 gx460 with premium package.
Old 03-06-24, 04:03 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kpz1234
@BeatSonic, three follow up questions:

1. My Carplay audio is significantly lower in volume than my radio audio; for example, I normally listen to the radio at volume level 20 or 25. When listening to Carplay/Pandora, I had to put it to level 40 to equal what I get from the stereo at 20. tried to raise the system audio in the settings but it looks like the main volume is capped out at level 30. Is there a way to correct this?
2. When reversing and then going into drive, it switches from the back up camera to the setting screen, and I have to hit the Audio button to go back to Carplay. Is this normal? (not a big deal, just asking).
3. Just confirming the factory USB port is no longer active (I routed your cable through that opening into the center console).

Thanks again for your responses.
1. Your factory AUX plug may be emitting interference. Try disconnecting the female AUX plug to the factory male AUX plug that was originally connected to the factory screen.
2. Yes, that is normal for the 2010-2013 GX models.
3. Yes, that is correct.

To respect this original thread's topic and be able to provide faster replies (since we are not on the forum all the time), would you like to email us for any followup or additional questions? Our email address is info@beatsonicusa.com

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
The following 2 users liked this post by BeatSonic:
kpz1234 (03-06-24), Tunndoc (03-25-24)
Old 03-21-24, 04:20 AM
tntcandy
Intermediate

Received 260 Likes on 145 Posts

For the adventurous there is a new SW released for the wireless unit, it will allow you to have "auto switch" to the car play screen.

Eric made it clear that it was still testing, but so far I've used this for a week and no issues what so ever, the closest to an OEM solution you can get.
Note the CP unit and screen will show up quick, but GX BT is slow to get the phone connected, but that is not an issue the the BeatSonic unit

Contatc Eric for more details and SW link

Sign great support form Eric at BeatSonic
The following 6 users liked this post by tntcandy:
ArtsGX (03-21-24), bob58 (03-21-24), db3 (03-29-24), IanB2 (03-21-24), NemesisGX (03-21-24), RJinVA (03-21-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-29-24, 09:34 AM
db3
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased and installed the BeatSonic unit September of 2023 in my 2019 GX. It took me at least a half day, being a measure 5 times and cut twice anyway kind of guy, I found a YT video where the presenter wires the unit up before installing it, in order to visualize how everything connects. I found this very helpful. Still, being somewhat adept at melting wires and having projects self-destruct on the workbench, I expected a long troubleshooting session after everything got buttoned back up. But low and behold, it all works as advertised and I'm happy to say that it's been trouble free since install. Having a Bluetooth connection to my iPhone is especially appreciated. The relatively low res of the stock GX screen looks surprisingly good with BeatSonic's Car Play solution. The kit is well designed and so far, has functioned flawlessly.

Last edited by db3; 03-29-24 at 10:03 AM.
Piney1 (07-31-24)
Old 07-30-24, 07:42 PM
bagom
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Beatsonic kit just arrived. I have been looking at Eric, GXBob, and forum post about the install. The only thing that I dont like is the USB plug coming out of the trim. I see in one of Eric's videos used a replacement USB blank below the start button and I see others route it to the center box. Any other creative locations? Do I need to keep the factory USB slots for anything? Could i remove that usb panel and replace it with something else.

Old 07-31-24, 07:20 AM
db3
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bagom
My Beatsonic kit just arrived. I have been looking at Eric, GXBob, and forum post about the install. The only thing that I dont like is the USB plug coming out of the trim. I see in one of Eric's videos used a replacement USB blank below the start button and I see others route it to the center box. Any other creative locations? Do I need to keep the factory USB slots for anything? Could i remove that usb panel and replace it with something else.
In 10 months of ownership, I've not needed the USB connector yet. So I keep it rolled up behind the left/forward edge of the tunnel's side panel. Easy to find if I need it for an update.
ArtsGX (07-31-24)
Old 07-31-24, 12:13 PM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 609 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by tntcandy
For the adventurous there is a new SW released for the wireless unit, it will allow you to have "auto switch" to the car play screen.

Eric made it clear that it was still testing, but so far I've used this for a week and no issues what so ever, the closest to an OEM solution you can get.
Note the CP unit and screen will show up quick, but GX BT is slow to get the phone connected, but that is not an issue the the BeatSonic unit

Contatc Eric for more details and SW link

Sign great support form Eric at BeatSonic
I reached out to Beatsonic and they confirmed the unit I bought last week thru bell lexus with their 17.76% off sale has this software installed. reading between the lines this is likely the feature the lexus dealer required to place a massive order and sell it thru their website as it feels more oem than aftermarket from a functionality standpoint
tntcandy (07-31-24)
Old 07-31-24, 01:29 PM
tntcandy
Intermediate

Received 260 Likes on 145 Posts

I originally replaced the 12VDC power outlet with a dual USB unit, 1 was routed to Beatsonic unit and the other one I added power supply, this was pre wireless

After wireless solution I replaced that dual USB unit with a USB-C and regular usb unit and like others just keep the Beatsonic USB tugged away behind the trim.
Old 07-31-24, 03:50 PM
bagom
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tntcandy
I originally replaced the 12VDC power outlet with a dual USB unit, 1 was routed to Beatsonic unit and the other one I added power supply, this was pre wireless

After wireless solution I replaced that dual USB unit with a USB-C and regular usb unit and like others just keep the Beatsonic USB tugged away behind the trim.
Did you use something like this:
Amazon Amazon

So you can tuck the USB dongle into the trim and still snap in the side trim?

Old 07-31-24, 07:21 PM
MrTorgue
Advanced

Received 343 Likes on 229 Posts

I ended up doing this with my GROM. It's been great so far.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/mr-.../post-13833075
gromaudio (08-01-24)

Quick Reply: Beat-Sonic LGVIF-CB4W Wireless S-Connect Interface for 2010-2021 Lexus GX 460 w/nav