GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Rear camera grid lines 2010-13?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-17, 06:44 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts
Default Backup Camera Dynamic Guide Lines

For my 2014 GX w/Luxury Pkg, there is no dynamic guide line with reverse camera. If I am not mistaken, the only one with the advanced tech option (like ACC, Multi-view Camera, etc.) will have the dynamic guide line display. Since I am traveling oversea a lot, and also notice in oversea market, the dynamic guide lines are all enabled on GX. I would assume this is a software option to enable or disable such, is anyone here has any inside if this can be done with re-programing (assume there is such user accessible program available like for most european car makers)?
Old 07-19-17, 08:53 AM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

I am quite certain that is a user configurable setting. Under the main MENU section, there should be a section labeled VEHICLE. Under that section there should have an entry labeled CUSTOMIZATION. You should find what you are looking for there. Someone has disabled the backup guide lines.

I am typing this from memory, so I could be a step or so off with the menu settings.
Old 07-19-17, 10:00 AM
mattau
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

On my 2013, there are no guidelines, dynamic or static, and cannot be turned on. I am still trying to get use to not having it coming from a 2010 Subaru Tribeca that has static guidelines.
Old 07-19-17, 11:05 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by DallasDave
I am quite certain that is a user configurable setting. Under the main MENU section, there should be a section labeled VEHICLE. Under that section there should have an entry labeled CUSTOMIZATION. You should find what you are looking for there. Someone has disabled the backup guide lines.

I am typing this from memory, so I could be a step or so off with the menu settings.
What you have mentioned here is to enable or disable the guide lines. In US specified model (other than those with Muti-view camera option on GX), the only guide line is fixed distance guide line, the yellow dynamic lines are disabled (the one will move as you turn the steering wheel).
Old 07-19-17, 12:16 PM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

I'll take a look when the wife gets home. My 2015 GS350 has the dynamic lines and I might have confused it with the GX.
Old 07-19-17, 03:28 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,650 Likes on 2,389 Posts

Yeah... I have fixed lines on a '15 vehicle (other automaker) and dynamic lines on my old '07 G35x

Last edited by Acrad; 07-21-17 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-21-17, 06:05 AM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Yep, I checked yesterday. Only have fixed lines on our 2015 Luxury model. Couldn't find any way (in the displays, menus, etc.) to activate them.
Old 07-21-17, 06:32 AM
User21c
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I wonder if TechStream offers a way to enable the dynamic lines?
Old 07-21-17, 06:34 AM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

I don't think Carista does, since I have used it on the GX and definitely didn't notice that option (I went through the whole list).
Old 03-20-18, 10:12 AM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

It looks like the driver support computer -040 for Multi Terrain Select might not enable the dynamic reverse camera lines. Hzhao mentioned there was only one parking assist module so that should be standard for all models. However, the parts database shows 4 different cameras. Could the dynamic lines be baked into the camera's firmware?

Old 03-20-18, 02:29 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Not sure... in other discussions I've seen online related to Lexus or other manufacturers I've seen it stated camera or different software/firmware rev in the head unit.
Old 03-20-18, 05:29 PM
hzhao
Racer

it could be an head unit related issue, hard to believe it will be build into the camera itself, since camera could be used for various model and dynamic line will be directly associated with car size, steering angle, speed, etc. Besides, i won't think for same year models, with or without Driver Support Package had to use different camera. In many cases, different part number for different model year or even trim level are mainly for the purpose of inventory control or supplier production batch control purposes.I could be wrong but just some common sense IMHO. Wish there are some specific technical information available on this. Another indication on dynamic guide line had be some program associated, that is there are many user accessible functions, such as how many information to display, whether it is for parallel parking or straight back into parking, to jam all those function into one replacement camera is hardly reasonable way to do. I know for '18 GX, dynamic guide line to standard on all the trim level, not sure if that started on '17 or not.
Old 03-21-18, 03:01 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

This one is gonna take some more deep net diving. Maybe something will turn up in the Russian threads. There are some different versions of Park Assist but seems like '10-13 years and nothing that points to that as being the source either.

Perhaps multiple profiles in head unit and when specific cameras are plugged in dynamic lines show up? I know...just more speculation

Are there any system level revision numbers one is seeing on camera settings areas in diagnostics? We might need to start comparing version numbers.
Old 03-21-18, 05:04 PM
hzhao
Racer

I did some researching on camera part numbers, and from various sources, it only indicates the production dates (or batch) from different time periods. some early years products are no longer available and has been replaced by newer part number, in fact, it all listed as "fit one model and four configuration", such as 150, 150J, 150Z, etc. Letters are designation of trim level, and which would also point to dynamic guide line can be part of the camera itself.
Old 03-21-18, 07:39 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

Do we have a "Spiral with Sensor Cable"? It looks like it is important to the parking guidelines.

Acrad, I remember you saying you were missing some sensors or modules that might have hindered your CC and MTS. Were they related to the brakes or something else? We should have steering sensors, right? That's what gives us the front wheels display on the center info screen?

I have attached a couple screenshots below.

Name:  osKikyl.png
Views: 800
Size:  188.6 KB
Name:  UyiBDPJ.png
Views: 788
Size:  134.0 KB
Rear camera grid lines 2010-13?-xqtg7l1.png

Last edited by ObsidianBl; 03-21-18 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear camera grid lines 2010-13?