Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

2024 Lexus GX

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-23, 01:49 PM
MrTorgue
Advanced

Received 338 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by jonshonda
Interesting to see the GX growing closer or very close to LX sizes. I wonder if the new 4runner will continue to share the GX platform as well, of if they will keep it smaller. Very interesting they aren't able to achieve much more fuel economy with the TTV6 and 10 speed tranny, but damn that torque is going to be hard to resist for a tow rig. I guess it goes to show how well the V8 and 6 speed performs with only 1mpg less?

I am going to have a hard time giving up an NA V8 though, and luckily we just snagged a very nice 2017 Luxury so I shouldn't have to worry about that for at least 10 years! haha
You know, ran a quick errand today and it hit me just how smooth and nice this V8 is. After I got a tune that ticks most of my boxes it's a pleasure to drive. The only other power plant I've driven and or owned that gives me a similar feeling was the PHEV system in my RAV4 Prime. I just don't think I'll give up my GX460 until maybe when the Lexus TX550h+ comes out.
The following 2 users liked this post by MrTorgue:
nyctfl (06-11-23), RDLGX (06-09-23)
Old 06-09-23, 10:25 PM
2chains
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GregCanada
Deposit down. Though i'll probably wait for the hybrid.
How long is the wait list? Telling me 30 people long here.
Old 06-09-23, 10:56 PM
graybadge
Driver

Received 55 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm glad I purchased my '23 GX Black Line. The '24 is wider and longer, and will not fit in my garage. The fuel economy is only 1 mpg better. Nice design, but I'll pass.
The following 2 users liked this post by graybadge:
Classic911 (06-10-23), RDLGX (06-10-23)
Old 06-10-23, 03:24 AM
Seanie
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello all,
I'm new to the Lexus forums as I mostly own European cars... That being said, the new GX has seriously caught my attention. For many years, Lexus design was never my "favorite". I found the grills to be quite obnoxious, but in the past few years with many European makers making their vehicles uglier and uglier (bmw, mercedes), these once seemingly obnoxious grills have become less and less... obnoxious. I find myself gravitating toward Japanese/Korean manufacturers. The new GX has quite a wow factor. These utilitarian SUV's have completely taken over the luxury market (Defender, G-Wagon, Telluride etc), but all of these have major downfalls. (The G-wagon is severely overpriced and the Defender/Telluride have numerous reliability concerns). I've been looking for a reliable, offroad-capable, luxurious, tow vehicle and have come up short. With the GX boasting a 8,000 pound towing capacity, 479 ft lbs of torque, and a beautiful design, it's hard to pass up. From an outside eye, the new GX is a serious contender. I have a few concerns though. How smooth is the 3.4 TTV6? Is the 10 speed any good? How refined can a ladder chassis be? Is the interior on par with a Defender? Highway range? I'm eagerly waiting for more information to be unveiled.
Old 06-10-23, 04:26 AM
Randyman
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

How is this possible? Has a Texas "Manufacturer" plate? Supposedly in Plano, TX.

What???

Looks nice in that color IMO. A Luxury perhaps?

The following 3 users liked this post by Randyman:
AlexDev (06-19-23), nyctfl (06-11-23), TexasFunRunner (06-11-23)
Old 06-10-23, 05:18 AM
JDesmo
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by graybadge
I'm glad I purchased my '23 GX Black Line. The '24 is wider and longer, and will not fit in my garage. The fuel economy is only 1 mpg better. Nice design, but I'll pass.
Same. My 23 Nori Green is a keeper. This car is too big, a V6 is not as refined by definition (at least give us an I6), TT and related plumbing and systems reduce reliability by definition, rear hatch and wiper is a downer. You can see they cheapened some aspects of the car. It's a cheaper (but better) Range Rover and could bring that crowd over to Lexus. It should sell better than our 3rd gen GX, depending on pricing. Coming from 6 various Jaguars over 15 years as daily drivers (V8, V8 S/C, V6 S/C) I actually like the quirky, different, and even divisive aspect of the 3rd gen. It sure ride and drive like a dream.
For people that don't like the grill on the 3rd gen, I'm not sure this new one can be considered attractive looking for a luxury product.
The following 2 users liked this post by JDesmo:
graybadge (06-10-23), RDLGX (06-10-23)
Old 06-10-23, 05:50 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

I can't say about the 3,4 TTV6, but I can tell you I wasn't a fan of the10 speed trans in my RX. It was pokey and jerky at times. I bought a '23 GX and love it. Most smooth, quiet I have ever owned. Hopefully the new GX will be the same, however not so sure the V6 will be as quiet as the V8 !
Old 06-10-23, 05:52 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Seanie
Hello all,
I'm new to the Lexus forums as I mostly own European cars... That being said, the new GX has seriously caught my attention. For many years, Lexus design was never my "favorite". I found the grills to be quite obnoxious, but in the past few years with many European makers making their vehicles uglier and uglier (bmw, mercedes), these once seemingly obnoxious grills have become less and less... obnoxious. I find myself gravitating toward Japanese/Korean manufacturers. The new GX has quite a wow factor. These utilitarian SUV's have completely taken over the luxury market (Defender, G-Wagon, Telluride etc), but all of these have major downfalls. (The G-wagon is severely overpriced and the Defender/Telluride have numerous reliability concerns). I've been looking for a reliable, offroad-capable, luxurious, tow vehicle and have come up short. With the GX boasting a 8,000 pound towing capacity, 479 ft lbs of torque, and a beautiful design, it's hard to pass up. From an outside eye, the new GX is a serious contender. I have a few concerns though. How smooth is the 3.4 TTV6? Is the 10 speed any good? How refined can a ladder chassis be? Is the interior on par with a Defender? Highway range? I'm eagerly waiting for more information to be unveiled.
I can't say about the 3,4 TTV6, but I can tell you I wasn't a fan of the10 speed trans in my RX. It was pokey and jerky at times. I bought a '23 GX and love it. Most smooth, quiet I have ever owned. Hopefully the new GX will be the same, however not so sure the V6 will be as quiet as the V8 !
The following users liked this post:
Seanie (06-10-23)
Old 06-10-23, 06:12 AM
Vlad6525
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyman
How is this possible? Has a Texas "Manufacturer" plate? Supposedly in Plano, TX.

What???

Looks nice in that color IMO. A Luxury perhaps?

This is probably that Premium or Premium + that was displayed at the launch. It had the same color... Nice catch by whoever posted that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vlad6525:
tiadesiree (06-10-23), Zhulik (07-11-23)
Old 06-10-23, 07:04 AM
Photoflow
8th Gear

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello-
This is my first post because I’m about to become a first time GX owner of a 2023 Eminent White Premium. I’ve been quietly lurking for a while and I must say, the 2024 model is very cool and gives off a totally different vibe than the older model. It’s like a Bronco and a Land Rover Defender had a baby and out popped the new GX. With that said, it’s not enough to sway me from cancelling my 2023 order. I love the features of the 2023 and I know the V8 engine will age like fine wine (i.e. I’ve always wanted a car with a V8 engine……lol). Anyway, it’s obvious the 2024 will be awesome too and I’m sure future owners will love it.
The following 5 users liked this post by Photoflow:
Classic911 (06-24-23), Hrocks (06-19-23), irishbrahm (06-10-23), RDLGX (06-10-23), Vlad6525 (06-10-23)
Old 06-10-23, 07:53 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Photoflow
Hello-
This is my first post because I’m about to become a first time GX owner of a 2023 Eminent White Premium. I’ve been quietly lurking for a while and I must say, the 2024 model is very cool and gives off a totally different vibe than the older model. It’s like a Bronco and a Land Rover Defender had a baby and out popped the new GX. With that said, it’s not enough to sway me from cancelling my 2023 order. I love the features of the 2023 and I know the V8 engine will age like fine wine (i.e. I’ve always wanted a car with a V8 engine……lol). Anyway, it’s obvious the 2024 will be awesome too and I’m sure future owners will love it.
Congratulations and welcome. You will love the GX! I have Eminent White also.
Classic911 (06-24-23)
Old 06-10-23, 08:01 AM
Photoflow
8th Gear

Originally Posted by RDLGX
Congratulations and welcome. You will love the GX! I have Eminent White also.
Thanks! I’m super excited and should get the vehicle in about 2 more weeks. I opted for the Premium w/ Sepia Seats, 2nd row bench seat which is good for the fam, plus factory tow hitch receiver which is key. Didn’t need the Premium Plus package or any other factory goodies. I usually keep my vehicles for a long time, so this will be no different.
RDLGX (06-10-23)
Old 06-10-23, 08:23 AM
woodleathr
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by graybadge
This is the biggest key difference between the GX460 and 550 in my opinion. Not the engine, not the interior. Redditors say i'm coping, but If I wanted to drive a vehicle as large as the GX550, I would have just built out an LX600 when I ordered mine. Money is not the issue. If someone has never sat in an LX600 they won't understand. I remember my local dealer taking me to their garage and showing me a LX600 they had for another client. It appeared manageable enough from the outside, but when my girlfriend and I climbed in and shut the door we both instantly bust out laughing. Why? The hood length of the LX600 sticks out from the driver position for what seems to be a cartoonish 6 or 7feet. We went directly from the LX600 and got in a GX460, and we both thought "Wow, this is the PERFECT size".

They made the GX550 5inches longer, and gave it what appears to be the same hood-length proportions of the LX600. If you were ever traditionally in the market for a full-sized Land Cruiser, then the GX550 is a very cool product. Everyone is going gaga for the redesign and it's cool, I get it, but i hope current GX owners looking to upgrade realize they're giving up their daily driver "Prado manageability/maneuverability " for a substantially bulkier vehicle. Again, thats great if you were in the market for a full sized land cruiser, but I never was.

Last edited by woodleathr; 06-10-23 at 08:35 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by woodleathr:
Classic911 (06-24-23), graybadge (06-10-23), irishbrahm (06-10-23), jlficken (06-11-23), TexasFunRunner (06-11-23), trent (06-23-23) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-10-23, 08:50 AM
Photoflow
8th Gear

Originally Posted by woodleathr
This is the biggest key difference between the GX460 and 550 in my opinion. Not the engine, not the interior. Redditors say i'm coping, but If I wanted to drive a vehicle as large as the GX550, I would have just built out an LX600 when I ordered mine. Money is not the issue. If someone has never sat in an LX600 they won't understand. I remember my local dealer taking me to their garage and showing me a LX600 they had for another client. It appeared manageable enough from the outside, but when my girlfriend and I climbed in and shut the door we both instantly bust out laughing. Why? The hood length of the LX600 sticks out from the driver position for what seems to be a cartoonish 6 or 7feet. We went directly from the LX600 and got in a GX460, and we both thought "Wow, this is the PERFECT size".

They made the GX550 5inches longer, and gave it what appears to be the same hood-length proportions of the LX600. If you were ever traditionally in the market for a full-sized Land Cruiser, then the GX550 is a very cool product. Everyone is going gaga for the redesign and it's cool, I get it, but i hope current GX owners looking to upgrade realize they're giving up their daily driver "Prado manageability/maneuverability " for a substantially bulkier vehicle. Again, thats great if you were in the market for a full sized land cruiser, but I never was.
This is a fun thread and I agree with this too! You’re not coping, because my garage is a bit svelte and my incoming 2023 will fit inside the garage next to my other car. If I got the upcoming 2024 model, it would usually be parked outside, but I prefer to keep both cars garaged. Again, the 2024 is very cool, but there are multiple reasons that I wanted the 23 model.
graybadge (06-10-23)
Old 06-10-23, 09:00 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I actually like the way it looks, the V8 will be missed but the TTV6 is nice also.

Quick Reply: 2024 Lexus GX