Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

2024 Lexus GX

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-23, 09:34 AM
Hrocks
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by GXWes
They made a mistake going with a lift door in the rear. Every RX I’ve ever owned had the struts replaced at least twice

Imagine the weight on the GX door
They're ball screw actuators, not struts.
Old 06-23-23, 10:03 AM
Hrocks
Pit Crew

Default Too Early to Tell...

I was absolutely in the tank on getting a 550. I spoke to multiple Lexus dealer GM's who saw it in 2021, but were sworn to secrecy and was convinced I wanted one. Having seen the reveal on June 8th and watching countless youtube reviews, I'm somewhat disappointed in the rather austere interior and the loss of KDSS and some other options only availble on the Overtrail model. The Mark Levinson sound system is an option on all but I believe, the Lux + mode. I have had three GX 460's. Still own two, a '16 Prem (with aniline) and a '21 Prem+ Sport Design. Just got a 2023 GX (Prem+ SD) on order to tide me over until the "jury responds" on the 550. I know the V8 has less power and torque, but until I drive a 550, I'm loathe to abandon the 460.
The following 3 users liked this post by Hrocks:
Classic911 (06-24-23), geckornr (08-22-23), RDLGX (06-23-23)
Old 06-23-23, 07:24 PM
pL86
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrocks
The Mark Levinson sound system is an option on all but I believe, the Lux + mode.
Mark Levinson is not an option with Luxury Plus because it's a standard feature for that line. And it's not a listed option for Premium, Premium Plus or Overtrail - it's only an option for Luxury and Overtrail Plus.

Last edited by pL86; 06-23-23 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-23-23, 07:44 PM
Hrocks
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by pL86
Mark Levinson is not an option with Luxury Plus because it's a standard feature for that line. And it's not a listed option for Premium, Premium Plus or Overtrail - it's only an option for Luxury and Overtrail Plus.

Agree on the Lux+. I think it's crazy that they're offering two versions of three iterations of the same vehicle. Unless you place a build order, my guess is that one will have to "settle" for something coming in that's close to what they really want. It seems that their accounting people prevailed upon the marketing group to come out with six different base price points for the same vehicle. IMO, this is the kind of stuff that killed off Oldsmobile and Pontiac at GM. Similar but different cars. When they bring out the GX hybrid versions it's going to be an inventory management nightmare. Over time, it will be interesting to see if they maintain the various + versions or make some package consolidations. Time will tell.

Last edited by Hrocks; 06-23-23 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-25-23, 02:36 PM
skrypj
Intermediate

Received 127 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrocks
Agree on the Lux+. I think it's crazy that they're offering two versions of three iterations of the same vehicle. Unless you place a build order, my guess is that one will have to "settle" for something coming in that's close to what they really want. It seems that their accounting people prevailed upon the marketing group to come out with six different base price points for the same vehicle. IMO, this is the kind of stuff that killed off Oldsmobile and Pontiac at GM. Similar but different cars. When they bring out the GX hybrid versions it's going to be an inventory management nightmare. Over time, it will be interesting to see if they maintain the various + versions or make some package consolidations. Time will tell.
The GX hybrid seems completely redundant and stupid to me. The power and torque specs are the same as the 3.4L TT. The goal seems to be to make a 6000+ lb brick(its probably 500 lbs heavier than the 3.4L non-hybrid) efficient but I bet the numbers are relatively close at the end of the day.

The Tundra iforce Max is not appealing to me at all vs the standard iforce. It does not offer performance benefits because the added weight offsets the added power and torque. It also only marginally improved mpg's. Since the 2.4L hybrid has the same power and torque output as the 3.4L I bet its actually slower due to the added weight. It seems the only benefit would be MPG's but I am guessing its not going to pan out.

Last edited by skrypj; 06-25-23 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-14-23, 12:57 PM
JermaineGX
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm buying it as soon as it's available. I'll see how the Land Cruiser looks, because I prefer the Toyota brand but either way, I'm sold.
The following users liked this post:
jphcbpa (07-14-23)
Old 08-19-23, 08:55 PM
bluemts
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone can build reliable hybrid a TT engines my vote is for Toyota/Lexus.
The following users liked this post:
Slprciv (08-20-23)
Old 08-20-23, 07:55 PM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skrypj
The GX hybrid seems completely redundant and stupid to me. The power and torque specs are the same as the 3.4L TT. The goal seems to be to make a 6000+ lb brick(its probably 500 lbs heavier than the 3.4L non-hybrid) efficient but I bet the numbers are relatively close at the end of the day.

The Tundra iforce Max is not appealing to me at all vs the standard iforce. It does not offer performance benefits because the added weight offsets the added power and torque. It also only marginally improved mpg's. Since the 2.4L hybrid has the same power and torque output as the 3.4L I bet it's actually slower due to the added weight. It seems the only benefit would be MPG's but I am guessing it's otnot going to pan out.
On they Toyota website it displayed that the estimated fuel economy for the Land Cruiser is 27 mpg...that is a big difference. Whether or not that matters is up to the individual buyer.
Old 08-21-23, 06:15 AM
jphcbpa
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
On they Toyota website it displayed that the estimated fuel economy for the Land Cruiser is 27 mpg...that is a big difference. Whether or not that matters is up to the individual buyer.
I thought I read they removed that 27 mpg ?