hpolanco665
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GrdnRxR
What forum is this from?
Instagram photo
Old 04-09-24 | 10:12 PM
F90Guy
Driver School Candidate

Just sat inside the Overtrail at Denver Auto Show. Yea its a big improvement over the 460, really nice cabin, lots of space in the back. But it was a never a WOW moment. I just drove 2022 Prado for a few month in Europe, the GX cockpit reminded me very much of that. Similar if not the same steering wheel and button design. The driver dash screen is all new, but everything else felt like an updated Prado interior. Some guy said a dealer in Colorado told him there is a 2 years wait on the Overtrail and about a 6 month on the Luxury. And it was leaning to the right too! So good ole KDSS lean is still there!

Toyota had the LC locked up so couldn't get a good comparison to the LC interior. I still like it, but after sitting inside it, i'm good to wait to get one used. Maybe I had higher expectations, but its a Toyota, so yea this interior felt modern but like 2022ish, as I've mentioned not anything next gen.
Old 04-23-24 | 02:12 PM
Seanie
Rookie

I saw the GX550 in 4 different colors yesterday. I also was able to drive a Premium+. It's Awesome.
Unfortunately, a miscommunication with the dealer left my 'first batch' OT+ without me! I'll be waiting another 2 months for 'my spec' to arrive.
Note all photos were taken on an Iphone 11 Pro.

The SUV looks as good if not better in person. Absolutely love the design. As for driving the GX, it rides great. Even on the standard non-adaptive suspension, ride is supple and smooth. It can be considered "truck like", but I'm not using that in a derogatory sense. It felt purposeful and well manufactured. A PDI sticker on the window stated 100% of the parts were made in Japan. The interior was impressive too. The dash was made of "squishy injectable plastic" which was higher quality than I anticipated. Front seats were lovely and rear seats were good too. (Not as supple as the front, but comfortable and supportive). I found the angle of the rear seat recline to be great. The view out was awesome. Felt very airy (even with an all black interior) and very "safari" like. Definitely gave me G-Wagon vibes and retained a similar experience of the last gen GX. (Something I did notice was that when comparing the OT models and the other two models with the 3rd row, was that the cupholders remain the same, but the 3rd row air vents are removed on OT models.) The powertrain is blissfully smooth. Getting out of a Mercedes 3.0 TTV6, this powertrain felt every bit as smooth, though I noticed above 5k rpm it was slightly less refined. The transmission was not noticeable. I don't understand why reviewers were saying the gearing was "getting in their way". I never noticed gear changes and always had impressive torque on demand. From a launch, there is some turbo lag, but power is plentiful.

Atomic Silver is a beautiful color and highlights the shoulder lines and black accents wonderfully. That being said, Nori Green still remains my favorite.

In pictures online, I really did not like the Beige interior. In person, however, I found it very attractive. I was worried it would clash with the green accents on the OT, but it compliments them nicely. Likewise was the Nori Green paint. I found that the Nori green gives the green interior accents a purposeful place.

The black paint was beautiful, but not my personal choice for the GX. It does look mean, but it sort of hides all the fun black accents.

Last edited by Seanie; 04-24-24 at 09:32 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Seanie:
hpolanco665 (04-24-24), iridium (04-25-24), jphcbpa (04-24-24), Slprciv (04-24-24)
Old 04-23-24 | 03:38 PM
NickL
Racer

Excellent report.
It does look as good if not better in person.
Old 04-25-24 | 07:56 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Caviar may be my next color. The way it sparkles is amazing.