GX - 3rd Gen (2024-present) Discussion topics related to the 2024+ GX550 models
View Poll Results: How is your wait for the GX going?
Holding out and waiting it out
76.47%
Starting to consider alternatives
14.71%
Ended up buying something else
8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

How is your waiting for a GX going? (poll)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-24, 03:45 PM
nbgx550
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know how long the waitlist at Longo Lexus is? I spoke to a salesperson last month and he said 400; but he also didn't speak English well so I don't know if he misunderstood me or vice versa.
Old 01-23-24, 03:45 PM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bamboo72
Yeah, I will be curious to see how long I actually end up waiting, as I am being very specific about exterior and interior color. Interestingly enough here, the dealership said most people on the waitlist are looking for white. I was the first person on the waitlist that wanted black. I am not going to settle for something I don't want so am hoping the right one comes in for me.
I really loved the Atomic Silver and Toasted Caramel color of the NX I had, plus I read that the Atomic Silver is a really strong color due to the amount of work that goes into making it (and the process/layers). I don’t want white, it just doesn’t work for me.

My current Iridium RX is a rock chip magnet, with multiple gouges all over the front bumper.

I’ll wait for my Atomic Silver/Saddle Tan combo.

Reading a few of the other forums, it seems like only 10% of the production will be targeting the Luxury+ build

interesting, as that means that Lexus (if the above is true) expects that the Luxury (not +) is their top mover.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ihave1cat:
bamboo72 (01-23-24), GX600 (02-07-24)
Old 01-23-24, 03:49 PM
nbgx550
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Ihave1cat
I really loved the Atomic Silver and Toasted Caramel color of the NX I had, plus I read that the Atomic Silver is a really strong color due to the amount of work that goes into making it (and the process/layers). I don’t want white, it just doesn’t work for me.

My current Iridium RX is a rock chip magnet, with multiple gouges all over the front bumper.

Reading a few of the other forums, it seems like only 10% of the production will be targeting the Luxury+ build

interesting, as that means that Lexus (if the above is true) expects that the Luxury (not +) is their top mover.
Good to know! Wow premium only gets 5%

I'm going to for the Overtail + thankfully
Old 01-23-24, 04:08 PM
bamboo72
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pffftttttt....I may be in for quite the wait then, as I want the luxury+. Ah well, I will be patient....no other SUVs interest me right now.
Old 01-24-24, 09:16 PM
calicoaster
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bamboo72
Pffftttttt....I may be in for quite the wait then, as I want the luxury+. Ah well, I will be patient....no other SUVs interest me right now.
I would hope that more of the Lux+ variants will end up at dealers that service the more affluent customers meaning you should see a higher distribution in such areas. I am also hoping most people simply don't want to pay $80K+ for a Lexus GX. We love our Lexuses, but many folks in that price range want the more premium badges even if the car is inferior.
Old 01-30-24, 06:46 AM
Slease
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Called Longo Lexus. Waitlist is estimated to be at least 1 year now.
The following users liked this post:
jphcbpa (01-30-24)
Old 01-30-24, 09:33 AM
Slprciv
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Slease
Called Longo Lexus. Waitlist is estimated to be at least 1 year now.
Wow Lmao! Glad I got my order in early.
Old 01-30-24, 01:54 PM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Slprciv
Wow Lmao! Glad I got my order in early.
my Lexus dealership is now claiming 2 years of allocations have been reserved, that’s crazy. I’m seeing a lot more interest from people now that more info is trickling down.

the embargo lifts on the 1st of Feb, so I’m anticipating another wave of orders then, after people have watched the reviews.
Old 01-30-24, 02:21 PM
Slprciv
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

my Lexus dealership is now claiming 2 years of allocations have been reserved, that’s crazy. I’m seeing a lot more interest from people now that more info is trickling down.

the embargo lifts on the 1st of Feb, so I’m anticipating another wave of orders then, after people have watched the reviews.
Lexus nailed it with the target audience. I can't wait to see all of the different mods available for the GX550.
E3PO (02-02-24)
Old 01-30-24, 07:42 PM
calicoaster
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I dunno. Sounds a bit far-fetched. Maybe they're just greasing the skids to slap some big ADM on it. Also, one has to wonder how many of those reservations will actually convert to purchases. We'll know in a couple of months I guess. But no doubt, there have been many customers (like myself) who have been patiently waiting for a GX refresh. Almost gave up waiting, but then it was announced, so there may be some level of initial tsunami of buyers. Still can't see that taking 2 years to clear.

The other reason I would somewhat call BS on this dealer is how do they actually know what the allocations will be for the GX? Lexus would be stupid to not try and meet demand, so they will likely produce more 550's than they did 460's because I am sure they are expecting more initial demand. So using historical 460 allocations may be the wrong assumption on their part.
GX600 (02-07-24)
Old 01-31-24, 07:32 AM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nbgx550
Anyone know how long the waitlist at Longo Lexus is? I spoke to a salesperson last month and he said 400; but he also didn't speak English well so I don't know if he misunderstood me or vice versa.
I’m 401 on Longo Lexus list. Mine will likely be a 2025 which is ok.
Old 02-01-24, 06:25 PM
renold0913
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Siblue
I’m 401 on Longo Lexus list. Mine will likely be a 2025 which is ok.
That’s exactly when I wanted for the delivery, as my current lease ends April 25.

I put a deposit down with Longo 10 days ago, but they didn’t tell me what position I’m at, #450 maybe?
Old 02-01-24, 06:29 PM
nbgx550
10th Gear

Originally Posted by renold0913
That’s exactly when I wanted for the delivery, as my current lease ends April 25.

I put a deposit down with Longo 10 days ago, but they didn’t tell me what position I’m at, #450 maybe?
Yeah I put mine down around the same time. Wasn't told where I'm at on the list though
Old 02-02-24, 06:50 AM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by renold0913

I tried timing my lease end with my 19 Tacoma for a 22 Tundra. Ended up with another 22 Tacoma and drove for 8 months before my Tundra became available. Lease timing doesn’t always work on a new model.
Only good thing with Tacomas is their high resale value. I ended up positive $1200 after 8 months.
Old 02-02-24, 01:52 PM
renold0913
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Siblue
I tried timing my lease end with my 19 Tacoma for a 22 Tundra. Ended up with another 22 Tacoma and drove for 8 months before my Tundra became available. Lease timing doesn’t always work on a new model.
Only good thing with Tacomas is their high resale value. I ended up positive $1200 after 8 months.
Yea, I kinda figured. I'm not too worried about not having a car as I'm working from home anyway. It would be better if it came in later because I don't want to be paying for two cars at the same time, I would put my deposit down earlier if not because of the lease.
Anyway, Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: How is your waiting for a GX going? (poll)