GX - 3rd Gen (2024-present) Discussion topics related to the 2024+ GX550 models

•• 2024 GX 550 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-23, 08:09 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 591 Likes on 358 Posts

I love they are carrying over the nori green pearl color. I'm also interested see the GX-first color "Igconito"... from their other models this appears to be a muted pavement / grey color.

The massaging front seats sold my wife on us getting one next fall...
The following 4 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
jphcbpa (06-09-23), nesh (06-09-23), Specialeyes (06-10-23), Zealot (06-10-23)
Old 06-09-23, 08:16 AM
jphcbpa
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearn8
I love they are carrying over the nori green pearl color. I'm also interested see the GX-first color "Igconito"... from their other models this appears to be a muted pavement / grey color.

The massaging front seats sold my wife on us getting one next fall...
hope the massaging seats carries over to the luxury / luxury + trims. I saw it mentioned for the overtrail + in the press release. surely right ??
The following 2 users liked this post by jphcbpa:
E3PO (06-11-23), RDLGX (06-09-23)
Old 06-09-23, 10:06 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ASE
Never understood "gotta be the first in the neighborhood" motivation ... but great for those with patience that understand ANY first release is going to have "teething problems" that will be addressed once there is run-time on this new platform.
EXACTLY. I purchased one of the first RCF's that came into the US. Thankfully mine never experienced the fuel pump or the navigation issue....the fuel pump issue left a ton of RCF's stuck in garages until the new fuel pumps arrived.....this was after it took a few months for Lexus to even admit there was an issue. I just purchased a new 23 GX and love it (owned 5) and I think the new GX is going to be awesome. I'll most likely buy a 25 after I feel like it's "safe". Not a huge fan of turbos for my daily driver, but that's the way we're having to go. I'm curious to see how fast the aftermarket jump on the new GX...hopefully much quicker than the previous gens LOL.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carnevino:
irishbrahm (06-09-23), RDLGX (06-09-23)
Old 06-09-23, 01:44 PM
MrTorgue
Advanced

Received 338 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by phile
I admit I’ve taken corners at speeds that something tall and skinny like the GX shouldn’t and I am thoroughly impressed by the KDSS.
^ This. It surprisingly holds the road well. Driven through some tight mountain passes going probably quicker than you should and was surprised how well the cornering manners are.
The following users liked this post:
Classic911 (06-10-23)
Old 06-09-23, 03:41 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Just curious if anyone has seen the actual width including mirrors. The stats show 83.22 (+mirrors). Looking at pictures showing the GX from head-on, it seems the way the mirrors are set they do not add much if any to the width of the vehicle.
The following 2 users liked this post by jer:
E3PO (06-11-23), TexasFunRunner (06-11-23)
Old 06-09-23, 05:05 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 620 Likes on 398 Posts

Mods, time to start a 3rd generation sub-forum.
The following 3 users liked this post by 355F1:
Acrad (06-09-23), Classic911 (06-10-23), rw3 (06-10-23)
Old 06-10-23, 05:48 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

The 550 subforum is still being worked on. We'll move over this thread when it is ready.

https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/le...xus-GX-POG.pdf

https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/le...24_gx_hero.mp4

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2024_Lexus_GX_Press_Release.pdf (220.9 KB, 514 views)
File Type: pdf
MY24_Lexus_GX_POG_1.pdf (6.90 MB, 97 views)

Last edited by Acrad; 06-10-23 at 06:09 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Acrad:
355F1 (06-11-23), E3PO (06-11-23), John00 (06-21-23), jphcbpa (06-12-23), Specialeyes (06-10-23)
Old 06-10-23, 05:55 AM
gzorn
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It looks like you don't have a flat cargo area with the 2nd row laid down. It seems to be a different height, look at picture from rear hatch, which makes it painful to use for sleeping or moving items.
Old 06-10-23, 06:27 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

No 3-zone climate control?
Old 06-10-23, 06:50 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

Why are the towing capacities different amongst the packages?
Old 06-10-23, 07:04 AM
IanG
Intermediate

Received 376 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Why are the towing capacities different amongst the packages?
Difference for lowest tow capacity seems to be 22 inch wheels. Maybe lower load capacity for tires????
Old 06-10-23, 07:54 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Footnotes at bottom of PDF

1. Ratings achieved using required premium unleaded gasoline w/ an octane rating of 91 or higher. If premium fuel is not used, performance will decrease.

2. Lexus Interface services depend on factors outside of Lexus’ control in order to operate, including 4G network availability, a cellular connection and GPS signal. Without any one or more of these things, operability may be limited or precluded, including access to response center and emergency support. Services vary by vehicle and are subject to change at any time without notice. Requires app download/registration and subscription after trial (if applicable). Terms of Use apply. Data charges may apply. See Owner’s Manual and https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...logy/interface for additional limitations and details. To learn about Lexus’ Interface data collection, use, sharing and retention practices, please visit https://www.lexus.com/privacy. All trials begin on original purchase or lease date of new vehicle, with the exception of Wi-Fi for which trial begins at time of activation. Paid subscription required after trial (if applicable). For Safety Connect, stolen vehicle police report required to use Stolen Vehicle Locator. Automatic Collision Notification activates only in limited circumstances. For Remote Connect, use only if aware of circumstances surrounding vehicle and it is legal and safe to do so (e.g., do not remotely start a gas engine vehicle in an enclosed space or if vehicle is occupied by a child). Drive Connect service not available in every city or roadway. For Service Connect, information provided is based on the last time data was collected from vehicle and is not real-time data. Wi-Fi Connect service not available everywhere or in every vehicle. Valid in contiguous U.S. and Alaska. Up to 5 devices supported. Integrated Streaming requires subscription for third-party provider services. Wi-Fi Connect trial (if applicable) begins at time of enrollment and expires the earlier of: 3GB of data is used or 30 days after enrollment.

3. The Lexus GX is designed to meet most off-road driving requirements, but off-roading is inherently dangerous and may result in personal injury or vehicle damage. Lexus encourages responsible operation to help protect you, your vehicle and the environment.

4. Never tow beyond a vehicle’s published towing capacities.

5. Torsen® is a registered trademark of JTEKT Torsen, Inc.

6. Charging may not be compatible with all mobile phones, smart devices, tablets, e-readers, MP3/WMA players and like models.

7. Rated for 400 watts for a single two-prong outlet. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.

8. Lexus Safety System+ effectiveness depends on many factors including road, weather and vehicle conditions. Drivers responsible for paying attention to their surroundings and driving safely. See Owner’s Manual for limitations.

9. Intuitive Parking Assist (IPA) may warn drivers of front and rear collisions with certain objects when traveling at low speeds. Drivers should visually confirm clearance during use. See Owner’s Manual for limitations.

10. Do not rely exclusively on Blind Spot Monitor. Look over shoulder and use turn signal. See Owner’s Manual for limitations.

11. Do not rely exclusively on the Rear Cross-Traffic Alert. Visually confirm clearance during use. See Owner’s Manual for limitations.

12. Requires compatible smartphone. Operability depends on network availability, a cellular connection and GPS signal. Services subject to change at any time without notice. Data charges may apply. To learn more, go to https://lexusconnectedtechnologysupport.com/lexus/home. To learn more about Lexus’ connected services data collection, use, sharing and retention practices, please visit https://www.lexus.com/privacy. Apple CarPlay and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.

13. To wirelessly use Android Auto on your car display, you need a compatible Android smartphone with an active data plan. You can check which smartphones are compatible at g.co/androidauto/requirements. Operability depends on network availability, a cellular connection and GPS signal. Services subject to change at any time without notice. Data charges may apply. To learn more, go to https://lexusconnectedtechnologysupport.com/lexus/home. To learn more about Lexus’ connected services data collection, use, sharing and retention practices, please visit https://www.lexus.com/privacy. Android and Android Auto are trademarks of Google LLC.

14. Installation of a tow hitch receiver or other accessories located near the rear bumper may require disabling or removing the kick sensor, and the sensor operation setting in your vehicle should be turned off. See Owner’s Manual for limitations.

15. Wireless charging may not be compatible with all mobile phones, smart devices, tablets, e-readers, MP3/WMA players and like products.

16. The Panoramic View Monitor does not provide a comprehensive view of the area surrounding your vehicle. Look around to confirm clearance. See Owner’s Manual for limitations.

17. Intuitive Parking Assist may warn drivers of, and potentially brake for, rear collisions with certain objects when traveling at low speeds. Drivers should visually confirm clearance during use. See Owner’s Manual for limitations.

18. Digital Key requires active Remote Connect trial or subscription. Use only if aware of circumstances surrounding vehicle and it is legal and safe to do so (e.g., do not remotely start a gas-engine vehicle in an enclosed space or if vehicle is occupied by a child). Remote Connect depends on certain factors outside of Lexus’ control in order to operate, including 4G network availability, a cellular connection and GPS signal. Without any one or more of these things, operability may be limited or precluded. Services subject to change at any time without notice. Digital Key also requires Bluetooth connectivity. Remote Connect is included with select paid Connected Services packages. See your Lexus dealer for details. Terms of Use apply. Data charges may apply. See Owner’s Manual and https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...logy/interface for additional details. To learn about Lexus Interface’s connected services data collection, use, sharing and retention practices, please visit https://www.lexus.com/privacy. Trial period begins on original purchase or lease date of new vehicle. Paid subscription required after trial (if applicable). Terms of Use apply.

19. Mark Levinson is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc.

20. Crawl Control is designed for driving on difficult terrain at low speeds and assists the driver by controlling acceleration and braking, allowing the driver to focus on steering. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations.

21. Downhill Assist Control is designed to help the driver maintain vehicle control and speed on steep downhill descents, and is not a substitute for safe driving judgment and practices. Factors including speed, grade, surface conditions and driver input can all affect the ability of DAC to prevent a loss of control. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations.

22. Traffic Jam Assist requires an active trial or subscription to Drive Connect. Traffic Jam Assist is not an automated driving system, requires driver supervision at all times, and is designed to function on controlled access freeways at speeds of 25 mph or less. Use this system in accordance with applicable laws. Before operating, refer to Owner’s Manual for additional instructions and limitations.

23. Ultrasuede is a registered trademark of Toray Industries, Inc.

Lexus strives to build vehicles to match customer interest, and thus they typically are built with popular options and option packages. Not all options/packages are available separately, and some may not be available in all regions of the country.
Old 06-10-23, 07:54 AM
woodleathr
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LX600 vs 2024 GX550

I don't see how the LX600 continues to exist for much longer.

I've been harsh on the GX460 styling as someone who was in the market for a Defender because the Defender 90 and 110 are uniquely "short & stocky" à la G-Wagon. It's a very specific design-type and styling, and Lexus definitely had something else in mind when they designed the 550.

Lengths
Defender - 181inches / G-Wagon - 190inches / GX460 - 192inches / GX550 - 197inches / LX600 - 200inches

I completely understand how fans of the OG LandCruiser will think the GX550 is a gift from the heavens. For THAT aesthetic it really is a cool product but it is a completely different product type and driving experience. I can't help but wonder why someone would get the GX550 when you could just get the LX600 with more horsepower (assuming supply issues iron out)???

Working for ToyotaHQ, I could have 100% ordered an LX600 if that's what I wanted, but anyone who has sat in the driver seat of an LX knows just how far that hood sticks out from the driver. It just wasn't pleasant to drive as a daily in the city. Enter GX550... from the angles I saw, it has that exact same long hood length that made the LX600 a pass for me in favor of the GX460. So now we have 2 big expensive offroaders, but one has 60 more horsepower for the same mpg.
Old 06-10-23, 08:07 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Old 06-10-23, 08:08 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Last edited by Acrad; 06-10-23 at 09:35 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Acrad:
hzhao (06-10-23), jphcbpa (06-12-23), Specialeyes (06-10-23), tntcandy (06-10-23)

Quick Reply: •• 2024 GX 550 Discussion