GX - 3rd Gen (2024-present) Discussion topics related to the 2024+ GX550 models

•• 2024 GX 550 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-23, 08:55 AM
Seanie
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Just saw a newly posted video in which the reviewers were told it was to "start in the $60,000 price range". First pricing I've seen so far. I've also found a video in which a U.S. porter found 3 more GX550's!
The clip is about 2 seconds long so I decided it would be easier to screenshot. Nori Green (and a slight glimpse of Caviar) on the GX550:

The following 3 users liked this post by Seanie:
JermaineGX (07-15-23), jphcbpa (07-13-23), TexasFunRunner (07-12-23)
Old 07-12-23, 03:07 PM
NBB
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demos in USA ???

Does anyone know when and where Demo GX 550s might be available ???
I keep seeing pics from cars showing up in different parts of the country .. My local dealer - Miami FL said they are taking info for demo visits and it could be soon ... but im not sure what that means in the Lexus world ..

Looking forward to replacing my AMG G63 with this ...
Old 07-12-23, 06:49 PM
Slprciv
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NBB
Does anyone know when and where Demo GX 550s might be available ???
I keep seeing pics from cars showing up in different parts of the country .. My local dealer - Miami FL said they are taking info for demo visits and it could be soon ... but im not sure what that means in the Lexus world ..

Looking forward to replacing my AMG G63 with this ...
Lexus recently had the GX550 on display at the Overland Expo PNW. I had the chance sit in it and play with all the interior features. Popped the hood and looked around. It was the Overtrail + model in earth color. Rear cargo area is almost a foot longer then my 5th gen 4Runner which is fantastic.

Definitely gonna get this trim model
The following 3 users liked this post by Slprciv:
Acrad (07-13-23), DaveGS4 (07-12-23), pacnwatx (07-17-23)
Old 07-13-23, 03:08 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

@Slprciv Did you see any VIN stickers on driver door frame showing GVWR ratings? Other than tow ratings I don’t recall that stat being published.
Old 07-13-23, 03:23 AM
Slprciv
Driver

Originally Posted by Acrad
@Slprciv Did you see any VIN stickers on driver door frame showing GVWR ratings? Other than tow ratings I don’t recall that stat being published.
Nope it just said preproduction model in the door jam. That was one of the first thing I looked at too.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (07-13-23)
Old 07-13-23, 09:55 AM
beach109
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by CFAI
Is that really the Lux+ or is it the Lux? TBO looks fairly pedestrian to me. From the pix looks much less premium then the Hyundai Palisade and about the same as a limited/Platinum Toyota Highlander I don't get this thing. I just sat in a LC500 while I was waiting to get my GX serviced at the dealership so I know Lexus can do interiors. The Lux+ is neither particularly lux looking and with the KDSS stripped out and with approach/departure angles still worse than the 2010-2013 version (and much worse than the GX470's) isn't particularly off-roady either.
Yes, that's the Lux+, as you can see in the glass roof, wheels, etc.

The GX is always meant to be more utilitarian luxury and has to be different than the higher end LX, so this looks just right, and is done well without being too flashy. Want posher? Go LX.
Old 07-13-23, 11:46 AM
CFAI
Advanced

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Any new info on the range of the GX550?
Old 07-13-23, 11:54 AM
CFAI
Advanced

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by beach109
Yes, that's the Lux+, as you can see in the glass roof, wheels, etc.

The GX is always meant to be more utilitarian luxury and has to be different than the higher end LX, so this looks just right, and is done well without being too flashy. Want posher? Go LX.
Less about going LX (LX way too big, as I suspect this thing is as well, and LX has near zero availability even if I wanted it), and more about looking to get it as a Toyota if in person GX/LC isn't too big. I mean I have a GX, so its not like I am totally unawares about what the GX is.
Also, I think it is reasonable to expect an interior that is at least on par with a Mazda if buying a Lexus - esp in a trim they are calling Luxury.
Old 07-15-23, 02:12 PM
JermaineGX
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Less about going LX (LX way too big, as I suspect this thing is as well, and LX has near zero availability even if I wanted it), and more about looking to get it as a Toyota if in person GX/LC isn't too big. I mean I have a GX, so its not like I am totally unawares about what the GX is.
Also, I think it is reasonable to expect an interior that is at least on par with a Mazda if buying a Lexus - esp in a trim they are calling Luxury.
The GX will be much nicer than that, with better materials. Mazda does a great budget interior though.
Old 07-15-23, 02:13 PM
JermaineGX
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Who wears it better
Damn the GX looks good. The Bronco Sport is a decent little crossover, but not in the same stratosphere. Event the regular Bronco is cool but very cheap build quality.
Old 07-16-23, 07:00 AM
free888
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Potential pricing on Overtrail+

Not sure how accurate this is, but one YouTuber received approximate pricing from his dealer. Pleasantly surprised if accurate, has the Overtrail+ at $75k before tax and any markups.

Last edited by free888; 07-16-23 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-16-23, 07:07 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JermaineGX
The GX will be much nicer than that, with better materials. Mazda does a great budget interior though.
What I've seen, the new GX doesn't have real wood like the Mazda, or a swede dash , so I'm not sure why you keep saying the interior is so luxury with the new GX. They have dumped a lot of the luxury features such as real wood steering wheel, real wood accents, and they have discontinued the upper ceiling vents. This is not a step forward, but backward. In addition, if you think a V6turbo will be more reliable than a V8, you are wrong. More power doesn't mean that the engine is more reliable or better. True, there is a lot of new tech that is wonderful, but they have also cheapened many aspects of the new as compared to the '23, and to not improve the MPG more than 1 is not making the new very appealing to dump a tried and true V8 for it. I saw a new Mazda CX90 last weekend on the Mazda lot, and it hands down has a better looking, more luxury interior than the current RX. I haven't seen the new GX interior in person, but from the pics, it is also not nearly as nice as the Mazda. I would not get a Mazda for several reasons, I am a Lexus guy, but just disappointed in their new interiors. My 2020Rx 350 looked better than the current with the interior.

Last edited by RDLGX; 07-17-23 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-17-23, 08:21 AM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Slprciv
Lexus recently had the GX550 on display at the Overland Expo PNW. I had the chance sit in it and play with all the interior features. Popped the hood and looked around. It was the Overtrail + model in earth color. Rear cargo area is almost a foot longer then my 5th gen 4Runner which is fantastic.

how was the second row space, ie, legroom, height etc. and did you adjust based on your drivers seat preference before hoping in the back? Thanks!
Old 07-17-23, 12:35 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Slprciv

Since you saw the interior, many including me feel it looks like a downgrade in pics because they got rid of the wooden steering wheel, real wood accents, ceiling vents, and a lot of the luxury features. Can you share your thoughts as it doesn't look real premium in pics ?
Old 07-17-23, 06:04 PM
Slprciv
Driver

Originally Posted by RDLGX
Since you saw the interior, many including me feel it looks like a downgrade in pics because they got rid of the wooden steering wheel, real wood accents, ceiling vents, and a lot of the luxury features. Can you share your thoughts as it doesn't look real premium in pics ?
Well since it's a pre production model and not the actual production version I see Lexus is going more towards off road for this particular trim model. I actually like it without the wooden steering wheel. The fit and feel is pretty premium. As a past BMW X3/X5/ 3series owner It's pretty loaded for the Overtrail+ or even the base premium trim. It definitely looks better in person. It's a tad bit wider then my 5th gen 4runner which is great since I didn't want it too wide for the trails I plan to go with it. The rear seats are more comfortable then the 2nd gen GX460 I rode and drove before. The dash is well thought out and within easy reach for shorter drivers. I personally think Lexus nailed it on the execution of the GX. It's finally a true off roader I wanted the 2nd gen GX was aiming to be but has better premium options I want.
The following users liked this post:
RDLGX (07-18-23)

Quick Reply: •• 2024 GX 550 Discussion