GX - 3rd Gen (2024-present) Discussion topics related to the 2024+ GX550 models

•• 2024 GX 550 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-23, 03:22 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CFAI
Interesting - I wonder where they will stick the seats - I doubt they are going to swing them up the side like the GX470/LC200.
Maybe a thinner jump seat type setup, possibly offered as an option? My interest has piqued in the hybrid as they are estimating the new LC to get a combined 27 mpg, so the GX should be about the same. If I did go this route, I would prefer no 3rd row as it would never get used and just add weight.
Old 08-18-23, 07:27 AM
Rockstar08
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CFAI
Interesting - I wonder where they will stick the seats - I doubt they are going to swing them up the side like the GX470/LC200.
I saw pictures of the new Toyota Landcruiser also during their debut that had 3 row seats! It sucks they have said no 3 row for America because I would prefer to have them but it looks like for other countries the Landcruiser will have the 3rd row! Lexus has done some dumb things with the new GX550, you can’t get a locking rear diff unless you get the overland top model however the Landcruiser gives you the locking rear diff on all their models from the base on up, pretty stupid Lexus! I may wait to see when Lexus debuts the hybrid GX550 to see if they give the locking rear diff in that model if not Lexus has lost a customer and I will just get the Landcruiser!
Old 08-18-23, 07:47 AM
skrypj
Intermediate

Received 127 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockstar08
I saw pictures of the new Toyota Landcruiser also during their debut that had 3 row seats! It sucks they have said no 3 row for America because I would prefer to have them but it looks like for other countries the Landcruiser will have the 3rd row! Lexus has done some dumb things with the new GX550, you can’t get a locking rear diff unless you get the overland top model however the Landcruiser gives you the locking rear diff on all their models from the base on up, pretty stupid Lexus! I may wait to see when Lexus debuts the hybrid GX550 to see if they give the locking rear diff in that model if not Lexus has lost a customer and I will just get the Landcruiser!
Maybe they will make the Torsen rear diff optional in certain models like the LX. I would honestly rather have a Torsen than a locker for a mostly street driven truck that gets occasionally wheel'd. A torsen with A-Trac would get you through most anything.
The following users liked this post:
JermaineGX (08-21-23)
Old 08-18-23, 08:02 AM
CFAI
Advanced

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by skrypj
Maybe they will make the Torsen rear diff optional in certain models like the LX. I would honestly rather have a Torsen than a locker for a mostly street driven truck that gets occasionally wheel'd. A torsen with A-Trac would get you through most anything.
Ah, I had thought that the NA didn't get the third row bc we were only getting the hybrid powertrain. I just assumed that the 3 seats in other markets was bc they were getting different powertrain options. But I really have no idea - it was just my guess.
Old 08-20-23, 08:19 PM
Keirik
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Local dealer said the first 550s might be hitting dealerships in November give or take. Anyone else hear this?
Old 08-20-23, 09:07 PM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

Let’s name this local dealer that you are referring to.

Originally Posted by Keirik
Local dealer said the first 550s might be hitting dealerships in November give or take. Anyone else hear this?
Old 08-20-23, 09:11 PM
Keirik
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FastTurtle
Let’s name this local dealer that you are referring to.
Why? It’s in NY.
Old 08-21-23, 02:55 AM
free888
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Haven’t heard anything, but if true, then we should be hearing about pricing any day.
Keirik (08-21-23)
Old 08-21-23, 06:17 AM
jphcbpa
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I thought SOP was originally scheduled for OCT then pushed back to Jan 2024.
My dealer texted me last weekend asking for my preference in colorways so who knows.
Keirik (08-21-23)
Old 08-21-23, 07:09 AM
JermaineGX
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockstar08
It's smart, the torsen setup is better for most Lexus buyers, if you want the locking diff, it's an option. They nailed the 550, it's better in everyway. Perfect balance between the 600 and the LC.
I'll probably get the 550 over the LC for the towing but will see in person first.
jphcbpa (08-21-23)
Old 08-21-23, 07:32 AM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Why not? Dealerships say a lot of things.

We may have a few folks here that can reach out to your local dealer to see if they get the same answer.

If you are not comfortable naming the place, we completely understand.

Why? It’s in NY.
Keirik (08-21-23)
Old 08-21-23, 05:39 PM
Keirik
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FastTurtle
Why not? Dealerships say a lot of things.

We may have a few folks here that can reach out to your local dealer to see if they get the same answer.

If you are not comfortable naming the place, we completely understand.
he just was giving me what he had heard and it’s a family friend. He did also ask for color preferences and stuff and isn’t requiring a down payment or obligation so I’d rather not go too in depth just in case.
The following 2 users liked this post by Keirik:
jphcbpa (08-22-23), pacnwatx (08-21-23)
Old 08-21-23, 08:05 PM
Rommelromm
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm afraid the cheap looking interior is gonna kill the GX550 for us, looked at Cayenne and RR Sport and despite the drawbacks in cost/service/depreciation they are a pretty desirable proposition. Not to mention can be custom ordered to exact spec in about 6 months vs the patented Lexus experience of hoping your dealer gets allocated something you like.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rommelromm:
geckornr (08-22-23), jphcbpa (08-22-23), RDLGX (08-24-23)
Old 08-21-23, 09:32 PM
Keirik
Driver School Candidate

I’m coming from either a 21 tundra 1794 or a 22 Acura Typs S Advance to hopefully the .Overtrail+
Old 08-22-23, 09:13 AM
FastTurtle
Intermediate

Copy that. Hope he’s right about delivery date as that would be awesome 😎

he just was giving me what he had heard and it’s a family friend. He did also ask for color preferences and stuff and isn’t requiring a down payment or obligation so I’d rather not go too in depth just in case.

Quick Reply: •• 2024 GX 550 Discussion